• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
designs_4-63526131a3508__700.jpg

It took me a while to realize what’s off on that packaging.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
If ever I have seen hocus pocus voodoo crap it's in stocks. I do basically nothing and I "own" a part of Microsoft, get to vote in their board vote thingies, and get money just for clicking a couple buttons.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
If ever I have seen hocus pocus voodoo crap it's in stocks. I do basically nothing and I "own" a part of Microsoft, get to vote in their board vote thingies, and get money just for clicking a couple buttons.
I have a terrible track record for picking stocks. I've done OK by buying a fund and forgetting about them for stretches of time.

Shadow Wolf

The South Park special Joining the Panderverse is great. It blasts both lazy, pathetic, endless remakes with their token diversity of just making the characters into characters who aren't straight guys as well as slapping up the bigots who complain about having to see more women and blacks and queers on screen.

Shadow Wolf

I think I'm allergic to work. Even when it's not bad it sucks.
The solution is to learn how to make a website store, get a business license, open up shop and never work again. Then I have no.more boss, no more schedule I have no or terribly little input over, amd no funny coworkers complaining of "donors" not having enough clothes on, and especially, absolutely NO censored music. I get a kick out saying I get to hear Emininem at work, but, honestly, seriously, whats the ****ing point when it's censored and only a few songs anyways?
That's why I hate radio. It's so confused and mistaken how it only plays a few songs from any given artist, and not even necessarily their good songs or songs that actually define the band's sound (Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water is perhaps the best example of this). Amd it's censored. Id rather ----- listen to some oth----------------- that isn't --------- int----------pted and -------up by ----------- cenor ----------- editing.
The best example od why censorship sucks that I've heard is Limp Bizkit's Rollin, where a huge chunk of the song's lyrics are muted, with some lines being left with maybe 25% lyrics remaining.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
The solution is to learn how to make a website store, get a business license, open up shop and never work again. Then I have no.more boss, no more schedule I have no or terribly little input over, amd no funny coworkers complaining of "donors" not having enough clothes on, and especially, absolutely NO censored music. I get a kick out saying I get to hear Emininem at work, but, honestly, seriously, whats the ****ing point when it's censored and only a few songs anyways?
That's why I hate radio. It's so confused and mistaken how it only plays a few songs from any given artist, and not even necessarily their good songs or songs that actually define the band's sound (Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water is perhaps the best example of this). Amd it's censored. Id rather ----- listen to some oth----------------- that isn't --------- int----------pted and -------up by ----------- cenor ----------- editing.
The best example od why censorship sucks that I've heard is Limp Bizkit's Rollin, where a huge chunk of the song's lyrics are muted, with some lines being left with maybe 25% lyrics remaining.
giphy.gif

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
saw the predicted weather for winter this season..... above average snow totals.... we have been below for a few years.........sounds like it is possible the winter we had about 10 years ago could happen..... we had a snow storm a week.... each storm dropped 1 to 2 feet of snow......and it lasted into March.......

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The solution is to learn how to make a website store, get a business license, open up shop and never work again.

People I know that have their own businesses work much much harder and longer than those who work for others.

I once took a seminar "so you want to be a computer consultant" from someone who was one. He talked about what his life was like, how he had to hustle all the time and what was the financial consequences. He broke down expected income, costs including health insurance and so forth. Among other things he said that to make a decent living he had to give seminars like the one we were all at which got a chuckle from us for honesty etc.

Our dog is a dropout from guide dogs. When I talk about her, I always say that she did not want to work for a living which invariably gets a "neither do I" knowing chuckle.

Finally my wife worked for herself for quite a few years. Finally she could not stand it any longer and decided to semi-retire. The hassles were too great.

TANSTAAFL

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Work was less work than what I'm doing now...

But this involves a lot less poop. Even with all the cats, dogs, and the occasional kid issue, this is still a lot less poop.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Work was less work than what I'm doing now...

But this involves a lot less poop. Even with all the cats, dogs, and the occasional kid issue, this is still a lot less poop.
The poop in my last job before I retired was bureaucracy. I had OK to good bosses (over 50% of the score), decent coworkers (another 25%) and a typically mostly interesting set of tasks. Compared to the parade of work horror stories on Bored Panda, I did OK.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
The poop in my last job before I retired was bureaucracy. I had OK to good bosses (over 50% of the score), decent coworkers (another 25%) and a typically mostly interesting set of tasks. Compared to the parade of work horror stories on Bored Panda, I did OK.
It sounds like you did okay.

I don't miss work, but I miss my coworkers.

You guys are my coworkers now.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It sounds like you did okay.
I was fortunate I found something I liked doing and was decent at. And of course being a while male made it ever so much easier.

I did have one "odd" boss I got along with very well. He had been a gang leader in the 1930's but was given a chance by someone and he paid it forward to my benefit. He was a truly odd duck. One of his lieutenants was a pretty out lesbian. One day he told her "why not get a boyfriend you might like it." She shot back immediately "why don't YOU get a boyfriend, you might like it." He loved that answer because he did not want us to be pushed around by anyone and she proved she could take it and dish it right back out. Of course that sort of thing can't be done today, but I remember him fondly for that and other incidents.

Now I get to use my IT skills as a volunteer among other things such as helping with video production, leading a cleaning team and doing kitchen prep work. And of course, telling people what I think.

You guys are my coworkers now.

You must have had some really, ah, "interesting" coworkers.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I was fortunate I found something I liked doing and was decent at. And of course being a while male made it ever so much easier.

I did have one "odd" boss I got along with very well. He had been a gang leader in the 1930's but was given a chance by someone and he paid it forward to my benefit. He was a truly odd duck. One of his lieutenants was a pretty out lesbian. One day he told her "why not get a boyfriend you might like it." She shot back immediately "why don't YOU get a boyfriend, you might like it." He loved that answer because he did not want us to be pushed around by anyone and she proved she could take it and dish it right back out. Of course that sort of thing can't be done today, but I remember him fondly for that and other incidents.

Now I get to use my IT skills as a volunteer among other things such as helping with video production, leading a cleaning team and doing kitchen prep work. And of course, telling people what I think.
Sounds fun. :D
You must have had some really, ah, "interesting" coworkers.
Interesting enough that I couldn't share most of the 'good antics' in the coworker hijinks thread.

It was one group home in a set of ten... It got a reputation for retaining very strange workers.