• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
We have one in the courtyard, I'm not sure it's fit to drink although it was used for drinking water up to the 1970s when water was piped onto the village. The plants love it though.
It probably goes on in more than Indiana, but there's city water and country water (from a well), amd which one you like ans which one you find repulsive depends on which one you grew up drinking.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It probably goes on in more than Indiana, but there's city water and country water (from a well), amd which one you like ans which one you find repulsive depends on which one you grew up drinking.
I'm not too concerned about drinking but I switched to distilled when there were stories of a person or two dying from an infection caused by bad municipal water used in a neti pot.

Shadow Wolf

I'm not too concerned about drinking but I switched to distilled when there were stories of a person or two dying from an infection caused by bad municipal water used in a neti pot.
Here you have to have a filter or it's undrinkable.

Shadow Wolf

Today I get to start training on disconnecting people from the machines. It'll be great because I'll get to sit amd watch videos for a big chunk of my shift.
But in a couple weeks I am cursed with a week morning shifts.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Here you have to have a filter or it's undrinkable.
One trip to India we did not drink out of glasses because they were washed in unclean water, we had to check to see that bottled water had not been refilled from the tap and resealed etc. No ice cream if a scoop was involved because, of course, it was washed with unclean water. That was truly undrinkable water.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
One trip to India we did not drink out of glasses because they were washed in unclean water, we had to check to see that bottled water had not been refilled from the tap and resealed etc. No ice cream if a scoop was involved because, of course, it was washed with unclean water. That was truly undrinkable water.

^^^ THIS ^^^

Plus Nigeria and Ghana

Shadow Wolf

Here it'll poison you with lots of nasties, including high and unsafe levels of arsenic. One small town nearby even has a communal dispenser labeled potable water.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Ok. Have fun
hooray

bear-dancing.gif

Shadow Wolf

@PoetPhilosopher might get a kick out of this. The biohazard bags where all the **** with blood gets tosses are called "bios." To hear them say and then hear me say it, it's almost as profound a difference between hearing an English speaker say something Japanese and then hear a Japanese person say it, something like akuma.
This is because whereas they say it at bio in plural form, it consistently comes out of my mouth as a nerdy *** computer bios.:joycat:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My father used to say "tomorrow is another day". The obviousness was really a cover for "maybe it will be better"