• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
"hangry" is something I heard not so very long ago. It strikes me that anger could be part of a lot of words. vangry (angry on vacation), pangry (anger while parenting) - the possibilities are endless and that could make me angry.
well that makes me pangry.... angry about your post... post angry.... which could also be interpreted as after angry....

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Here's a film for the whole family to enjoy, based on a popular children's story, Goldilocks and The Three Bears: Goldilocks and the Three Bears: Death and Porridge teaser trailer puts a horrific twist on classic tale - Exclusive!

Putting a horrific twist on popular children’s stories is all the rage these days. Earlier this year, we got Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey (read our review HERE), and the filmmakers behind that movie are planning to not only make a sequel, but to also build a cinematic universe that will include horror versions of Bambi and Peter Pan (Bambi: The Reckoning and Peter Pan: Neverland Nightmare), among others. Meanwhile, Cinderella’s Curse, Cinderella’s Revenge, and Sleeping Beauty’s Massacre are coming down the line. Now writer/director Craig Rees has revealed that his horror thriller Goldilocks and the Three Bears: Death and Porridge is already in post-production – and we have the EXCLUSIVE first look at the teaser trailer in the embed above!

Death and Porridge. Sounds ghastly.

Goldilocks and the Three Bears: Death and Porridge has a short and simple synopsis: Never enter into someone’s house without permission.

Well, they do have a point.

I think many of these tales might have been pretty gruesome when they were first told, but softened up a bit over the centuries.

It might be interesting to have a horror film version of Green Eggs and Ham.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Dick Van Dyke turned 98 years old this month. I think he would make an excellent running mate for Jimmy Carter in next year's election.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Clearly (some) cats are wonderful. One of our cats spent a lot of time snuggling with our dog at the time who was really close to the end. So this story brought that memory back.

Hospice cat 'predicted' death, snuggling up to nursing home residents hours before they died

What if a cat could predict when someone was going to die?

That's exactly what Oscar the therapy cat became known for at Steere House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Providence, Rhode Island. In fact, geriatrician and Brown University health researcher Dr. David Dosa, who worked with Steere House patients and witnessed Oscar in action, even wrote a book about the fluffy piebald cat's extraordinary ability.
"We would eventually find out after he did this several times that the people he was staying with were usually the next ones to go," shared Dr. Dosa. "One death occurred, then two deaths and ultimately he hit about 20 or 30 deaths in a row at which point everybody started to say, ‘Wow, this is something quite unique.’”

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Today was a good day. My training to stab *****es began, and I got the valve cover gaskets, upper intake manifold gaskets and spark plug/wires changed.

Shadow Wolf

Clearly (some) cats are wonderful. One of our cats spent a lot of time snuggling with our dog at the time who was really close to the end. So this story brought that memory back.

Hospice cat 'predicted' death, snuggling up to nursing home residents hours before they died

What if a cat could predict when someone was going to die?

That's exactly what Oscar the therapy cat became known for at Steere House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Providence, Rhode Island. In fact, geriatrician and Brown University health researcher Dr. David Dosa, who worked with Steere House patients and witnessed Oscar in action, even wrote a book about the fluffy piebald cat's extraordinary ability.
"We would eventually find out after he did this several times that the people he was staying with were usually the next ones to go," shared Dr. Dosa. "One death occurred, then two deaths and ultimately he hit about 20 or 30 deaths in a row at which point everybody started to say, ‘Wow, this is something quite unique.’”
It's not really quite unique. I read of the same thing happening many years ago. Death isn't a black or white thing and cats have been worshipped. This may be a reason why, as it seems they may have a potential to be Earthly psychopomps.

Shadow Wolf

Having aspie super senses, I heard all sorts of interesting things at work. One of those things is the head phlebotomist saying he's keeping me on the floor and not giving me up to make up for the lack of staff at the front desk. That's gonna have be some some other new people.
Amd in conversation I found out a lot of us went to the same school and had the same teacher. Meaning "rapping" wicked clowns, a vigilante, a possessed doll, demonic priests and the spirit of a dead guy who killed kids are all great role models.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I found out a lot of us went to the same school and had the same teacher. Meaning "rapping" wicked clowns, a vigilante, a possessed doll, demonic priests and the spirit of a dead guy who killed kids are all great role models.
It sounds like you feel right at home there.

Shadow Wolf

There's alsoba funny story to my getting a promotion and moving to a higher tier of training. I got pissed, I mean really, really pissed seeing someone who hired after me getting ahead of me, so I pointed out to my training supervisor others have been moving along faster than me and the rest of the day, in a way and manner of speaking, I dragged trainers along so I could finish up what was left for the last rank and make the communications happen for me to get cleared to move ahead.
And now everyone's happy because I'm that much closer to being fully trained for the floor (only a few specific things I won't yet be able to do) and I'm especially happy as I'll soon stab people. I even wrote a song
Stab, stab stab a *****
Bleed their ****in mass
Happy happy happy happy
When I stab your ***

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

A tiny bear in Arizona...

Bearizona Wildlife Park said on social media that the cub was rescued from a Tucson neighborhood last week, but experts at the park and Arizona Game and Fish were shocked by the bear's small size.

"Bear cubs in the United States are all born close to January or February, so this little fella should be around 70 pounds this time of year," Dave O'Connell, Bearizona's chief operating officer, said in a news release.

Arizona Game and Fish spokesman Mark Hart said state experts are equally stumped.

"The bear weighs 15 pounds, a 15-pound bear should be about four or five months old. The math doesn't work," he said.

"If it got separated from its mother, regardless of why in the backcountry, how did a bear that small get all of the way off the mountain?" Hart said. "We would have thought that a bear that size would have been picked off by a predator. A coyote, a mountain lion, or even another bear."

He said the cub also appears perfectly comfortable around humans.

"We will never know the whole story, but if someone illegally fed this cub for months, it could explain his comfort around humans. It might also explain why he is so small," Hart said.

They've named him "Buddy."

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member