• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What we need is a Die Hard film that has Krampus in it. That would permanently establish Die Hard as a Christmas movie.

You know, now that I think about it, I don't believe that Star Trek ever did a Christmas episode. Not that they really needed one, although most other TV shows seemed to have to have some obligatory "Christmas episode" of some sort. But not Star Trek, although they did have a Thanksgiving episode, with turkeys, real turkeys.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And now for something completely the same in 2024

416107921_6953289254726567_6721767857419905487_n.jpg

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You know, now that I think about it, I don't believe that Star Trek ever did a Christmas episode. Not that they really needed one, although most other TV shows seemed to have to have some obligatory "Christmas episode" of some sort. But not Star Trek, although they did have a Thanksgiving episode, with turkeys, real turkeys.
I am not an expert on Star Trek. Maybe one of the youtube weenies has made a video about it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have an urgent machinery moving job coming up this week.
I have hired help to speed things up. (It's more difficult
in winter....even a mild winter.)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
They didn't have religion or consumerism/materialism so why would they?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
They didn't have religion or consumerism/materialism so why would they?

Well, yeah, it didn't really fit in to the main themes of the show. It just struck me that the standard Christmas episode has been a staple of American TV, though Star Trek is a notable exception to that general rule. Come to think of it, most other shows out there really never needed a Christmas episode either.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Speaking of shows we have not seen, I want to see one where the Borg assimilate everyone with the final statement: "We are your future. You are creating us every day. It's too late for you. Resistance is futile" The final commercial: "This view of your future was brought to you by ChatGPT/Bard"

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Speaking of shows we have not seen, I want to see one where the Borg assimilate everyone with the final statement: "We are your future. You are creating us every day. It's too late for you. Resistance is futile" The final commercial: "This view of your future was brought to you by ChatGPT/Bard"
You think I was just funning you? Yes but not entirely.

Why 2024 will be the year of ‘augmented mentality

In the near future, an AI assistant will make itself at home inside your ears, whispering guidance as you go about your daily routine. It will be an active participant in all aspects of your life, providing useful information as you browse the aisles in crowded stores, take your kids to see the pediatrician — even when you grab a quick snack from a cupboard in the privacy of your own home. It will mediate all of your experiences, including your social interactions with friends, relatives, coworkers and strangers.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
You think I was just funning you? Yes but not entirely.

Why 2024 will be the year of ‘augmented mentality

In the near future, an AI assistant will make itself at home inside your ears, whispering guidance as you go about your daily routine. It will be an active participant in all aspects of your life, providing useful information as you browse the aisles in crowded stores, take your kids to see the pediatrician — even when you grab a quick snack from a cupboard in the privacy of your own home. It will mediate all of your experiences, including your social interactions with friends, relatives, coworkers and strangers.
I quit.
I'm about to go to bed but I'm going to grump about the DIR system. I'd love to participate in @JustGeorge 's thread but can't Non-Attachment vs. Suppression specifically.
I had a hard time placing that one. I knew there were people outside of the Dharmic DIR that would have good contributions, but figured if I put it in interfaith, I'd get the "why non-attachment' spiel, and that wasn't what I wanted.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
I thought I posted this in the meaningless announcements thread but it was actually the political announcements thread, so... Fixed my dumdum and reposting this in the right thread, sorry about that ahaha

Bodhisattva cat ? Cattisattva :cat::sparkles:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I thought I posted this in the meaningless announcements thread but it was actually the political announcements thread, so... Fixed my dumdum and reposting this in the right thread, sorry about that ahaha

Bodhisattva cat ? Cattisattva :cat::sparkles:
This reminded me strongly of a small book I once read The Cat Who Went to Heaven The story is about cats being supposedly cursed for refusing to bow before the Buddha but one cat redeemed the species. It's a short read and the link basically has the entire plot.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
We really need a non-negativity DIR
I think in this case it might not even be negative responses. Non-attachment, or the desire for it, goes over the heads of many. In my time in RF, I've learned that if you don't place a thread just perfectly, the conversation tends to go the same ways.

I started talking about non attachment when I was a teen, and my mom took me to a therapist. (My friends weren't thrilled with me, either.)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I started talking about non attachment when I was a teen, and my mom took me to a therapist. (My friends weren't thrilled with me, either.)

Fortunately? for me, the goal of non-attachment came later. I remember the goal through "all things are passing", "do your best, leave the results to God then 'don't worry be happy'" and so forth.