• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
well.... until I get home and have to shovel my way in... predicted 8 to 12 inches.... and I have a fairly long driveway
Clearly you need to hire someone. And I have the perfect person

Mr.Plow_.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I remembered how End of Days is a movie that for many years I had only seen it in pieces and out of order. Amd then I watched the wjole thing through. I don't remember being impressed, but I do remembered being disappointed in how Arnie didn't get his *** kicked as badly as the hype suggested.
But at least the soundtrack is still good. @JustGeorge I'm sure would agree.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I remembered how End of Days is a movie that for many years I had only seen it in pieces and out of order. Amd then I watched the wjole thing through. I don't remember being impressed, but I do remembered being disappointed in how Arnie didn't get his *** kicked as badly as the hype suggested.
But at least the soundtrack is still good. @JustGeorge I'm sure would agree.
I haven't heard of it. VVhat's on it?

Shadow Wolf

I haven't heard of it. VVhat's on it?
Korn - Camel Song
Eminem - Bad Influence
Everlast - So Long
Rob Zombie - Superbeast
Guns n Roses - Oh my God
Powerman 5000 - Nobody's Real
Limp Bizkit - Crush
There's more, and it's one of my favorites up there with Queen of the Damned and Heavy Metal.

Shadow Wolf

Tonight was good. More boosts of healthy amd needed self esteem boosts, stabbing people, blood, more blood, amd hit all the veins except the one that gave two others a hard time and it didn't even work on the other arm anyways (now my last three or four misses). So as ot stands those veins I miss they might as well just end it then and there. It's limp, rolling and not well hydrated.
Amd I'm in a rare good mood.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Korn - Camel Song
Eminem - Bad Influence
Everlast - So Long
Rob Zombie - Superbeast
Guns n Roses - Oh my God
Powerman 5000 - Nobody's Real
Limp Bizkit - Crush
There's more, and it's one of my favorites up there with Queen of the Damned and Heavy Metal.

I loved Queen of the Damned sountrack..

My favorite:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Starbucks’ pink Stanley cup causes mayhem at Target, won't be restocked

When I saw the headline, I thought it was about the NHL's Stanley Cup, but it turns out it's just a drink cup made by a company called Stanley (although I don't know if it's the same company that makes Stanley Tools).

stanleypinkcup.jpg

On Jan. 3, Stanley, the company behind the viral, unbreakable, 40-ounce, double-wall, vacuum-insulated tumblers, released a collaboration with Starbucks, in a “Winter Pink” hue, sold exclusively at Target stores — and it caused long lines, overnight campouts and mayhem in stores.

There have even been fights breaking out over the tumblers, according to videos posted on TikTok. One video from user @reyahthelastdrago documents a dispute between a man and a woman over alleged line-cutting. Another from TikToker @4rayah.sunshine shares footage of a man jumping over a counter and attempting to steal some Stanley cups before another customer tackles him to the ground. According to the user, the police were called.

And now, some of the Stanley cups that were scored today have already been listed on resale sites like Mercari, eBay and Poshmark for as much as $300.

Stanley did not respond to TODAY.com’s request for comment.

A Target representative confirmed that the Stanley cups have been extremely popular with the store’s customers.

In fact, mere days ago, on Dec. 31, a limited-edition Stanley Valentine’s Day collection launched at Target stores and on its website, offering Cosmo Pink and Target Red versions of Stanley’s iconic tumbler for $45. The cups were extremely popular, and Target quickly sold out of them, with no plans to restock.

The bumrush for the store’s Stanley supply was also documented on TikTok at the time. Some users reported long lines and posted photos of signs about purchasing limits from Target.

Fights breaking out? Seriously? Over a cup?

I never could understand the fascination with Starbucks anyway. I drive past their stores and see long lines of cars waiting in the drive thru for a cup of coffee. Why go through all that when it would be so much quicker to stop off at 7-11, Circle K, or Quik Trip? I've had Starbucks coffee; it's not bad, but it's nothing spectacular.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I never could understand the fascination with Starbucks anyway. I drive past their stores and see long lines of cars waiting in the drive thru for a cup of coffee. Why go through all that when it would be so much quicker to stop off at 7-11, Circle K, or Quik Trip? I've had Starbucks coffee; it's not bad, but it's nothing spectacular.

Probably the high levels of caffeine can get people addicted.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Probably the high levels of caffeine can get people addicted.

Possibly, although there's plenty of options out there. I'm just not clear on what makes Starbucks so popular that people would go over the top over something like that.

But then again, it's often hard to fathom what drives people or makes people tick. Such as this guy here (in another random, meaningless announcement):

The ordeal happened Thursday night in front of shocked shoppers in the town just outside Birmingham, Leeds Police Chief Paul Irwin said.

The 42-year-old Alabama man did a “cannonball” leap into the aquarium and then stood under a waterfall. He left the water to yell at two officers, then dove back into the aquarium, police said.

The man eventually climbed over the side of the aquarium and fell to the concrete floor below. Police then apprehended him, the news site Al.com reported.

He faces several charges including public lewdness, disorderly conduct and criminal mischief.

He was probably so distraught that his local Target ran out of the limited edition Starbucks cups that he went and did this.

I think the whole country is going bonkers.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Possibly, although there's plenty of options out there. I'm just not clear on what makes Starbucks so popular that people would go over the top over something like that.

But then again, it's often hard to fathom what drives people or makes people tick. Such as this guy here (in another random, meaningless announcement):

He was probably so distraught that his local Target ran out of the limited edition Starbucks cups that he went and did this.

I think the whole country is going bonkers.
I guess he didn't vvant to get his clothes vvet...

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

When I saw the headline, I thought it was about the NHL's Stanley Cup, but it turns out it's just a drink cup made by a company called Stanley (although I don't know if it's the same company that makes Stanley Tools).

View attachment 86671

Should have been working in retail during the cabbage patch doll craze… then this would not have come as a surprise at all

Shadow Wolf

View attachment 86671

Makes me glad my dad was out of the picture so George Carlin could fill that male role thing so I can easily see how absolutely ridiculous not just the fights are but people wanting a cup so much its causing problems and people wasting that much time to spend a chunk if money on overpriced fad coffee amd spend extra to get it in a fad cup that honors a corporate holiday, a cup that they'll toss out before the year's done with.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Well, maybe they were just honoring hockey after all. I mean there are a lot of fights for the actual Stanley cup. Maybe they were just being respectful and paying homage to hockey and it’s battle weary players

1704649069846.jpeg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm exhausted from 3 days of intensive
machine moving. Mud. Long days. Mud.
Much driving. Mud.
And the worst...my helper for 2 days.
It requires caution & planning to manage
his feelings, calm his tantrums, & ensure
he doesn't **** up.
Example...
He was using a crescent wrench on a
socket head cap screw, which doesn't have
wrench flats. He kept trying & trying,
without wondering why it wasn't turning.
That's just the tip of that iceberg.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm exhausted from 3 days of intensive
machine moving. Mud. Long days. Mud.
Much driving. Mud.
And the worst...my helper for 2 days.
It requires caution & planning to manage
his feelings, calm his tantrums, & ensure
he doesn't **** up.
Example...
He was using a crescent wrench on a
socket head cap screw, which doesn't have
wrench flats. He kept trying & trying,
without wondering why it wasn't turning.
That's just the tip of that iceberg.
He doesn't sound like much help.

Maybe he's related to my helper, vvho can't seem to remember vvhen the **** she's been asked to come.