• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I hope you got yourself some really good goodies!
I got the stuff to make puppy chovv vvith! And some more caffeine!
You are a hardy sort. Me? I've been in California too long to claim I'm inured to winter weather.
I had to take Sam to vvork and pick him up again tvvice a day(he did split shifts) for seven years, regardless of the vveather. Made me a little immune.

I don't enjoy it, but I'm vvell avvare that the vveather doesn't care hovv I feel.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This is what our next week's weather looks like:

1705109251074.png

I guess it's not too bad, although it's still getting down in the 40s at night.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I guess that's what they call a hard freeze. I hear it's not quite as tasty as Tastee Freeze.
NAH, that's normal this time of year.... IF we have a normal February.... that's a hard freeze..... a month of mostly teens to below zero.... not including windchill

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Something I ordered from the UK took 3 days in customs but it just was released

There's another word that confused me as a kid when I first learned it. "Customs." I originally learned it in the context of culture or traditions, but then when we were taking a trip into Canada, my dad said "we have to go through customs." It took me a while to grasp this other meaning of the word "customs."

I still don't get it. Whoever invented this language must have been insane.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm still vvaiting on items in the US I ordered vveeks ago to ship...
In my case it shipped the next day from the UK, landed in the USA on schedule and disappeared into Customs for 3 days. It turns out that Los Angeles Customs has a bad reputation. If the package had gone to SF Customs,as it should have given where I live, odds are it would have emerged the following day.