• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Some people wish they were living in the 1950's.

When I got my ears pierced during my mid-life crisis, the only thing I was asked was if I was gay. My response was that I saw rockers on MTV with both ears pierced and that was that.
I never understand that many of the tribe that complain about men vvith long hair never complain about the vvay Jesus is traditionally depicted in VVestern art...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
My kids vvould all get vvrote up in Indiana...

All three of my boys have very long hair.
You're whole family would not stand any sort of hope or chance of fitting in there . Being vegetarians and your dress they may ask if you came from another planet.

Shadow Wolf

Some people wish they were living in the 1950's.

When I got my ears pierced during my mid-life crisis, the only thing I was asked was if I was gay. My response was that I saw rockers on MTV with both ears pierced and that was that.
I remember my brother getting that a lot.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
You're whole family would not stand any sort of hope or chance of fitting in there . Being vegetarians and your dress they may ask if you came from another planet.
I'd tell them I did. And I'd shovv the giant birthmark on my leg, and tell them this is my 'mark', so my 'people' can recognize me vvhen they come back to get me.

(Because I get asked that sometimes, and that is my normal response.)

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I'd tell them I did. And I'd shovv the giant birthmark on my leg, and tell them this is my 'mark', so my 'people' can recognize me vvhen they come back to get me.

(Because I get asked that sometimes, and that is my normal response.)
57lf7l.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That's not an alien thing...

That's someone, somevvhere vvanting to hear vvhat kind of creative profanity they can spur out of me next.

Most aliens have it better.
When I was in college with 4 other roommates we decided that we were swearing too much. So we made a pact that every swear word would cost 5c (this was many decades ago) and that when enough money accumulated we'd go have gigantic ice cream desserts. Three things happened. Casual swearing decreased. Deliberate swearing was born as in 5 words in a row, tossing a quarter into the kitty and saying "it was worth it". The third thing was a blooming of euphemisms. "Chomp on carrots", for example, replaced "suck my richard". The latter was followed by a discussion about euphemisms and we decided that if others did not think we were swearing, it was OK.

Even today many decades later, that experience resulted in me not doing casual swearing but when the situation truly warranted it I let loose with a few choice words.

I've also developed an appreciation for Shakespearean insults such as “Methink’st thou art a general offence and every man should beat thee.” and
“Out of my sight! Thou dost infect mine eyes.” Shakespeare Insults

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Taiwan's election results are indeed wonderful news.
now watch what China does...... They were adamantly against a candidate several years ago, threatening invasion...and as soon as the guy the said they didn't want got re-elected.... the Chinese navy went home.

So if they backoff now they played Taiwan once again, however if they stay and up the rhetoric... they're serious

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
now watch what China does...... They were adamantly against a candidate several years ago, threatening invasion...and as soon as the guy the said they didn't want got re-elected.... the Chinese navy went home.

So if they backoff now they played Taiwan once again, however if they stay and up the rhetoric... they're serious
President Biden also sent a message - no independence. That reaffirms our "one China" policy

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
When I was in college with 4 other roommates we decided that we were swearing too much. So we made a pact that every swear word would cost 5c (this was many decades ago) and that when enough money accumulated we'd go have gigantic ice cream desserts. Three things happened. Casual swearing decreased. Deliberate swearing was born as in 5 words in a row, tossing a quarter into the kitty and saying "it was worth it". The third thing was a blooming of euphemisms. "Chomp on carrots", for example, replaced "suck my richard". The latter was followed by a discussion about euphemisms and we decided that if others did not think we were swearing, it was OK.

Even today many decades later, that experience resulted in me not doing casual swearing but when the situation truly warranted it I let loose with a few choice words.

I've also developed an appreciation for Shakespearean insults such as “Methink’st thou art a general offence and every man should beat thee.” and
I tend to do less actual svvearing and more creative insults... I vvould have had fun vvith that.

Though my favorite 'insult' of all times is a sound that an Malian friend taught me... VVell, she didn't teach me. I heard her do it enough times that vvhen she ticked me off one day, I made such a noise at her(she about fell over in laughter).

Shadow Wolf

Yeah, I've found the problem with unleashing my full creative insultive power alot of people don't know I insulted them or don't comprehend the depth of the insult.
But Shakespeare's perchance for insults is another reason why I say prowrestling is the modern day Shakespeare, complete with the occasional Rock, Chris Jericho or Jimmy Hart or Roddy Piper who can work the mic and let the insults flow and work the crowd into a fervor with nothing but the syllables coming from their mouth.
But I also have the influences and friends I do so I could make a live TV censor decide it'll justbe easier to hold the button and occasionally let go to see if I'm done yet.

Shadow Wolf

I definitely see their international censors putting the pressure on others to not recognize Tawain. And I see mass media throughout the West catering to China. Not uniformly, but many won't want to lose out on the Chinese market.