• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
She hasn't been in CA as long as I have.

A large number of years ago there was snow on Mt. Diable so we took our dog up to the snow and walked around a bit.

But these days what I see is someone walking to his car in shorts and no shoes.
Up in the mountains isn't specifically here. That's up in the mountains (where I see they just got slammed) and not down here.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Up in the mountains isn't specifically here. That's up in the mountains (where I see they just got slammed) and not down here.
The "mountains" around me are close by and in prior years got a bit of snow in the summit. The weather forcast would include "snow level at xxx feet".

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's also pretty cold in Texas.

598479.jpeg

I don't think the cow likes it too much.

Shadow Wolf

Except for a bolt on each control arm I'm done with the van. And the rear struts. I can't beat up the rust monsters there with the sledge hammer, and positioning myself for max leverage with my new breaker bar had my new breaker bar starting to bend.
Also my phones screen protector took a beating due to my extensive use of the phones camera will doing all these repairs.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Tomorrow I get stabbed unless the ICD code is messed up (again) at which point no I won't pay and back to the doc. But this is routine so hopefully they won't mess it up.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Tomorrow I get stabbed unless the ICD code is messed up (again) at which point no I won't pay and back to the doc. But this is routine so hopefully they won't mess it up.
Ares has to get stabbed a second time tomorrovv because they screvved up his lab today...

Ares doesn't mind being stabbed, but I detest having to drive to the next city over right after vvaking up(and getting a kid up and pushed out the door that despises preparing to go anyvvhere).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Ares has to get stabbed a second time tomorrovv because they screvved up his lab today...

Ares doesn't mind being stabbed, but I detest having to drive to the next city over right after vvaking up(and getting a kid up and pushed out the door that despises preparing to go anyvvhere).
Good luck. I suspect you'll need it sadly.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My stabber today was so good I did not feel the needle going into my arm. She also told me to leave the wrap on for 1/2 hour and to not lift anything very heavy for an hour which none of the others have done and I've been stabbed plenty over the years including in the hospital.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
My stabber today was so good I did not feel the needle going into my arm. She also told me to leave the wrap on for 1/2 hour and to not lift anything very heavy for an hour which none of the others have done and I've been stabbed plenty over the years including in the hospital.
Ares was amused because his stabber had trouble getting his blood to go into the tube.

I'm glad your stabbing went well.

Shadow Wolf

Probably because a half hour is long. Its usually about 15 minutes you leave the bandaid on.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
For those that think the Brits speak English the following. I've heard "chuffed" on British TV but the others? They appear to be Yorkshire not English

Allus Meaning: always, as in “I allus say so.”
Bagsy Meaning: to claim something for yourself, as in “Bagsy me t’back seat!”
Chuffed Meaning: delighted, as in “I’m just chuffed to be asked.”
Ey up Meaning: hello, hey hi, as in “Ey up, ‘ow’s it goin?”
Faffin Meaning: messing about, as in “Stop faffin about, will ye!”
Fill thi boits Meaning: enjoy yourself, as in “Eat up then, fill thi boits.”
Gormless Meaning: clueless or lacking intelligence, as in “T’bloke looks positively gormless.”
Lug ole Meaning: ear, as in “Open yer lug ole, lad.”
Mi’sen Meaning: myself, as in “I don’t like curd tarts much mi’sen.”
Nesh Meaning: to feel the cold, as in “Nesh, it’s only 12 degrees out!”
Nobbut Meaning: just or nothing but, as in “I’ve nobbut ten minutes left.”
Owt and nowt Meaning: anything and nothing, as in “Ye won’t get owt for nowt.”
Proper gander Meaning: to take a closer look, as in “Let’s have a proper gander at t’sheep.”
Put t’wood int’ ‘ole Meaning: literally, put the wood in the hole—or shut the door.
Si’thee Meaning: see you or goodbye, as in “Right, I’m off now, si’thee.”
Summat Meaning: something, as in “I did hear summat about it.’”
Wang Meaning: to throw, as in “Wang it over ‘ere!”
Weerzt or Wheerzt Meaning: where is the, as in “Weerzt tv remote? It’s time for All Creatures Great and Small!”

Shadow Wolf

I just learned General Casamir Pulaski wasn't biologically born a male. Which is awesome that America's sovereignty was helped born by someone intersexed or trans.