• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Today, I was demonstrating Tai Chi to my colleague at work during lunch by a lake, and there was a family of geese by the waters edge. Usually the mother starts making a noise when we walk past and they all swim away. But today, while I was Tai Chiing, they started walking closer and looking my way.

As if I was some sort of messiah to geese world wide....

I think I am the worlds first Goosebender!

I WILL TEACH MY GOOSEBENDING SKILLS TO GEESE WORLDWIDE AND WE WILL BRING GEESE PARADISE TO EARTH!!!!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I fully agree with the Steve Wozniak quote...... Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window..... sadly...none of our windows open.... because I have a laptop, on my desk, that I expressly told them not to order this model because they are nothing but trouble, But since they got it, can't fix it...... I am supposed to fix..... fix one issue...SURPRISE!!!...another issue pops up...repeat that loop to infinity..... I'm so happy the corp folk waste my time asking me what to buy and then buy whatever they want so they can waste more of my time to fix their mess

Wu Wei

Today, I was demonstrating Tai Chi to my colleague at work during lunch by a lake, and there was a family of geese by the waters edge. Usually the mother starts making a noise when we walk past and they all swim away. But today, while I was Tai Chiing, they started walking closer and looking my way.

As if I was some sort of messiah to geese world wide....

I think I am the worlds first Goosebender!

I WILL TEACH MY GOOSEBENDING SKILLS TO GEESE WORLDWIDE AND WE WILL BRING GEESE PARADISE TO EARTH!!!!
To look at this from a Douglas Adams perspective..... you are a goose GOD!!!!!

What style of Taijiquan?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I fully agree with the Steve Wozniak quote...... Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window..... sadly...none of our windows open.... because I have a laptop, on my desk, that I expressly told them not to order this model because they are nothing but trouble, But since they got it, can't fix it...... I am supposed to fix..... fix one issue...SURPRISE!!!...another issue pops up...repeat that loop to infinity..... I'm so happy the corp folk waste my time asking me what to buy and then buy whatever they want so they can waste more of my time to fix their mess

ComputerGoneDown.jpg

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
To look at this from a Douglas Adams perspective..... you are a goose GOD!!!!!

What style of Taijiquan?
And the goose god will apologise to me and say "sorry for the inconvenience".

I do Yang Style Taijiquan. I started it because of stress and high blood pressure. I am also doing 7 Star Mantis Kung Fu at the same place. That is for exercise.

Also I think Taijiquan is a good practical way to approach my exploration of Taoism as they have similar philosophies.

Wu Wei

And the goose god will apologise to me and say "sorry for the inconvenience".

I do Yang Style Taijiquan. I started it because of stress and high blood pressure. I am also doing 7 Star Mantis Kung Fu at the same place. That is for exercise.

Also I think Taijiquan is a good practical way to approach my exploration of Taoism as they have similar philosophies.
Traditional Yang of the 24 form?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Interrupting a learned discussion, I just had a snack and now can't eat for 4 more hours until my Cat scan. The cat OTOH is not so limited.

Wu Wei

Network goes down....nice to watch the corp folks run around like chickens with their head cut off.... tried to give them info.... they don't want to hear it..... so will just sit back and enjoy the show

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Network goes down....nice to watch the corp folks run around like chickens with their head cut off.... tried to give them info.... they don't want to hear it..... so will just sit back and enjoy the show
The closer I got to retirement the less I was bothered by corporation stupidity. Turn a simple production change into filling out a stupid form with many boxes and fields to be reviewed by someone in India and then fixed by me for "undotted i's"? Sure I don't care. Have that form reviewed by several layers of management who were clueless? Why not, I'm getting paid to not put changes into production. The Corporate Soap Opera was amusing as long I did not take it seriously or personally.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
How many of you could read through this list of stories without developing "medical student syndrome" and diagnosing yourself with something you don't have. Or maybe realizing you have a very mild case of something. I used to think "step on a crack - break your mother's back" utterly seriously and refuse to step on cracks, for example.

Wu Wei

well..... the crisis is over... one person is claiming to be the savior.... saying it shows the system works and its all good..... well yes and no... it shows the system works....but you really should look into why it happened, and/or what actually happened to cause it...but no.... the savior is happy it shows it worked....... aaa yeah

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Almost two hours down until CT scan. The food I stuffed myself with before 10:30am is holding up - I feel pretty full right now but I want CAFFEINE. I NEED MY DRUG.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Traditional Yang of the 24 form?
I am unsure as I have only had 4 lessons so far.

I looked up an example of 24 form Yang Taijiquan and it seems like a simplified form of what I am doing , as if movements have been left out. The form that I am learning at the moment is the 5 elements form which is rather recent apparently. It is based off the 5 element theory. I am at the beginning of it which is the fire section.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
well..... the crisis is over... one person is claiming to be the savior.... saying it shows the system works and its all good..... well yes and no... it shows the system works....but you really should look into why it happened, and/or what actually happened to cause it...but no.... the savior is happy it shows it worked....... aaa yeah

Savior?

44e5uq.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
On my current grumpy at list is the hype to add artificial smelling scents to our laundry to cover up what they're trying to convince us smells that washing does not get out. FALSE. And we get scent free detergent and dryer sheets for a very good reason - allergies. Pure marketing crap designed to convince us we need to spend more money on a useless product.