• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm a "wood rooster". My wife is a "fire dog". Those two can be "interesting" as a match. "stubborn", "blunt" and (originally) "short temper" is accurate a long with individuality and confidence.

Similarities:
  • Shared values: Both Wood Rooster and Fire Dog prioritize honesty, integrity, and hard work. They value loyalty and commitment in relationships.
  • Mutual respect: Their strong individuality and confidence can lead to mutual respect and appreciation for each other's opinions and strengths.
Potential challenges:
  • Stubbornness: Both signs can be stubborn and inflexible, leading to arguments and difficulty compromising.
  • Bluntness: Their direct communication style, while honest, can sometimes come across as harsh or critical, hurting each other's feelings.
  • Short temper: Both can be prone to anger and impulsiveness, making conflict resolution more difficult.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
@PoetPhilosopher can help get this one going.
Did Anakin really redeem himself? That's the typical narrative but in thinking what could have made for a better Shadows of the Empire ending is Palpatine humiliating Xizor and telling him how it goes for the Sith. Which of course includes the apprentice killing the master and becoming the master. Which is what Vader did. And he didn't do it from a remote and detached perspective like a Jedi, he acted like a Sith amd lashed out i anger and rage and killed his master.
Vader didn't redeem himself. He did what Sith apprentices are traditionally expected to do, and probably what he would have ultimately done either way regardless if Luke joined him or not.

Excellent discussion!

Yes, it seems Anakin redeemed himself.

While he destroyed his master in a very Sith way, his motivation for it was out of love for Luke.

There actually was a time before that in Empire Strikes Back, where he wanted to join with Luke to topple Sidious. And I think he was also forming a secret army to go against the Empire and the Emperor. But after Luke didn't join with him, he seemed to go back to focusing on routine ways (obeying the Emperor), until all the craziness that happened in the third movie.

Another sign Vader redeemed himself seems to be him becoming a Force ghost?

That being said, you make a great point that Sith also off their Masters. Such as Palpatine did to Plagueis. The difference seems to be Vader's motivation.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Another sign Vader redeemed himself seems to be him becoming a Force ghost?
As far as I know that's a technique.
While he destroyed his master in a very Sith way, his motivation for it was out of love for Luke.
At best that's a Grey Jedi motivation, but conventionally still very Sith as Jedi are supposed to give all that up.
Still seems to me he just did what Sith do.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
At best that's a Grey Jedi motivation, but conventionally still very Sith as Jedi are supposed to give all that up.

It depends.

For example, I could actually see a Jedi Knight possibly doing it. But I think once you reach the rank of Jedi Master (Anakin never did), you should typically know better.

Shadow Wolf

And of course Qui Gon, despite his acting against the Jedi Council is very extremist amd fundamentalist. Yoda and Mace seemed unnerved at facing the Jedi Gehenna but Qui Gon saw to it that the Balance will be obtained even if it means the eradication of the Jedi.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm a "wood rooster". My wife is a "fire dog". Those two can be "interesting" as a match. "stubborn", "blunt" and (originally) "short temper" is accurate a long with individuality and confidence.

Similarities:
  • Shared values: Both Wood Rooster and Fire Dog prioritize honesty, integrity, and hard work. They value loyalty and commitment in relationships.
  • Mutual respect: Their strong individuality and confidence can lead to mutual respect and appreciation for each other's opinions and strengths.
Potential challenges:
  • Stubbornness: Both signs can be stubborn and inflexible, leading to arguments and difficulty compromising.
  • Bluntness: Their direct communication style, while honest, can sometimes come across as harsh or critical, hurting each other's feelings.
  • Short temper: Both can be prone to anger and impulsiveness, making conflict resolution more difficult.
Do you feel this is accurate?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
2srtsx.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Well, my line of thinking was that Jedi and Sith typically have different ways of manifesting after death (when it's even possible to). That being said, I don't think the Star Wars universe has really covered this enough to say for sure.
Yeah, that probably is the case. We'll have to get the Jedi Master himself to chime in. I don't know how to make it happen, but he did settle the old debate of how to pronounce AT-AT by saying its "Imperial Walker."

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
@Shadow Wolf :

Okay I've been thinking about this more.

Basically, it seems the Star Wars prequels are the story of almost every good character doing something wrong. Mace having concerns about Anakin, then trying to off Palpatine as well as facing his own internal struggles (though usually conquering them). Obi-Wan having a secret love relationship with Satine that wasn't covered in the movies. Anakin seeming to break nearly every Jedi code.

Thinking about it more, I think even the Jedi Masters flubbed up a lot.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Anakin was repeatedly lectured about it.

I mean, I kind of see what you mean - if Anakin redeemed himself, he somehow managed to redeem himself in an unJedi like way.

But then, it's almost like most of the Jedi aren't following the code properly, either. Which leaves the question of what one who properly follows the Jedi code looks like.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I mean, I kind of see what you mean - if Anakin redeemed himself, he somehow managed to redeem himself in an unJedi like way.

But then, it's almost like most of the Jedi aren't following the code properly, either. Which leaves the question of what one who properly follows the Jedi code looks like.
Anakin wrote the Jetsons and retired to Palm Beach....

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
You missed "Those two can be "interesting" as a match. "stubborn", "blunt" and (originally) "short temper" is accurate a long with individuality and confidence."
Sorry. Its so active in here today an elephant could walk through and I'd miss it,