• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Today is Friday.

1707481320381.jpeg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

The station, WJLX, sent a landscaping crew to the site Friday morning for spring cleaning, only to find the 200-foot radio tower gone. When a crew member called the station’s general manager to break the news, he was in disbelief.

“What do you mean the tower is gone? Are you sure you’re in the right place? I actually used more colorful words than that,” Brett Elmore recounted to NBC News. “He said there’s wires all over the ground and the tower is gone.”

How in the heck could this have happened? It seems like it was inadvertent that a landscaping crew just happened to discover it was missing. Didn't anyone notice anything was amiss when the signal stopped sending?

I can't imagine dismantling a 200-foot radio tower would be anything like a smash-and-grab robbery. This is bizarre.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

How in the heck could this have happened? It seems like it was inadvertent that a landscaping crew just happened to discover it was missing. Didn't anyone notice anything was amiss when the signal stopped sending?

I can't imagine dismantling a 200-foot radio tower would be anything like a smash-and-grab robbery. This is bizarre.

Although I found in the Wiki article something that wasn't mentioned in this news article:

In February 2024, the station, which has gone dark several times throughout the last few years due to deferred maintenance involving the 1240 AM tower southeast of Jasper that is slowly being repaired, posted on its Facebook page that the station's entire antenna, including the 200 ft (61 m) mast, and most of its transmission equipment within a building, was stolen, rendering it unable to broadcast at all over the AM band.[10] The station's request to continue broadcasting on FM was denied by the FCC.[11]

So, the tower was overdue for maintenance and was "slowly being repaired."

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Anyone remember the Carly Simon song "Anticipation"? I've been humming this song lately - and not because of the slowness of Heinz Ketchup.

Heinz made it their main selling point. That it was sloooow good. But to show how good our posts on RF are - we're even slower than Heinz.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
****. the car turn signal was not fully plugged in so I had to drive back. Then after dark I found the headlight was not working either. Back to the shop tomorrow. ****.
Headlight was a burned out bulb. So the only thing left is that the "smart" (proximity) door opening on the passenger side needs to be fixed.