• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I think I prefer Needles to Blythe. But both towns are pretty hot in the summer.
I avoid Needles because I don't want to wait at the inspection point. That, and Laughlin has a dispensary I like.
I don't know if I'll do the Mojave again then. Then I might just turn around and go through Needles if the mountains get washed out again.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm about to take our dog who has been volunteered to help research in canine longevity and health to the vet to have a blood draw etc. She's not enthused, of course, but she'll feel better when goodies are served afterwards.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'm about to take our dog who has been volunteered to help research in canine longevity and health to the vet to have a blood draw etc. She's not enthused, of course, but she'll feel better when goodies are served afterwards.

The goodies are the key to longevity

Shadow Wolf

I thought about signing my dog up for that as she's 16.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I hate how I have to screen mental health services to make sure they're not in home...

No, I don't want strangers in my house. 3/5 people living here have extreme anxiety problems, and would be uncomfortable with this. One of the dogs hates strangers and will bark the entire time you're here(and possibly bite). I don't want to have to worry about keeping the friendly dogs off of you, who weigh around 100lbs.

My home is also my most intimate space, and the walls display all kinds of things I wouldn't share with anyone without good consideration. I've had people come in and be awed... I've also had someone leave in fear, muttering about the devil...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I hate how I have to screen mental health services to make sure they're not in home...

No, I don't want strangers in my house. 3/5 people living here have extreme anxiety problems, and would be uncomfortable with this. One of the dogs hates strangers and will bark the entire time you're here(and possibly bite). I don't want to have to worry about keeping the friendly dogs off of you, who weigh around 100lbs.

My home is also my most intimate space, and the walls display all kinds of things I wouldn't share with anyone without good consideration. I've had people come in and be awed... I've also had someone leave in fear, muttering about the devil...
WTF? Do they think they can just show up and enter your house without warning or even knocking?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
WTF? Do they think they can just show up and enter your house without warning or even knocking?
No, its not that bad.

Its just that over half of the 'programs' offered for kids like Ares want to do the therapy sessions 'in home'. No, I don't want strangers in my home. That makes me (and my husband, older son, dog, and a few of the cats) all need therapy sessions.

I want to go into a place of business. Not have guests.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
No, its not that bad.

Its just that over half of the 'programs' offered for kids like Ares want to do the therapy sessions 'in home'. No, I don't want strangers in my home. That makes me (and my husband, older son, dog, and a few of the cats) all need therapy sessions.

I want to go into a place of business. Not have guests.

Ahh,,i see.

Shadow Wolf

It's later in the day and I'm still kind of upset over this one supervisor I thought was cool with my being really ****ty to me when I was giving my own plasma earlier today. She not only tried to blame me for the flow being poor and weak, and was so terrible to me that when she adjusted the needle I told her that made it hurt more and she actually told me "I don't think it hurts as much as you say it does."
I haven't had a chance to talk to her about it, but it's left me questioning where I stand with everyone I work with.

Shadow Wolf

It's easy to get thrown off by an incident. Hopefully you can summon positive memories to counteract this incident.
I haven't actually worked with this one that much. At this point I think I've stabbed her more than I've worked with her.
But to further complicate the question of where I stand is I was cleared for the next training despite not having a full month at the proficiency that's required. But even at least one donor thinks "it's about damn time they let [me] get to stabbing people." One guy liked how I hardly needed to palpate, and barely did before a couple light, quick marks (we supposed to do this), and told me one of my coworkers had a hard time finding his good, plumo vein and missed it.
And it's only over the last few nights they've let me really been stabbing people. I've been having to get good again on just a few a day. I could have been doing what I am now a couple months ago but they move me along so damn slow.

Shadow Wolf

What I do find interesting, when I stold my plasma about 15-20 years ago once the scar tissue started building up they all consistluly started having bad sticks like I did today. But usually anymore those who have been at it for more than a few months don't have any issues with it.