• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I have all four....3 on their side and one the way it should be....been that way for years

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I don't want to do my homework for today. It shouldn't take me that long to finish, but I am soooo tired and bored with classes that are intended to pry the eyes of open of the blind surface dweller. Or the blind cave dweller that can't even see the shadows dancing on the walls, depending on which direction you want to go with the metaphor. I have to write an outline of a chapter from my English/technical editing book that covers a few web-based programming languages, and yet it doesn't even actually describe them or get you started with those languages and the textbook covers less than essential bare minimums of the languages. And I have two research papers to write in environmental ethics, even though for the most part a class that revolves around a book filled with "it's this way. No, it's this way. Nuh-huh this is how it's supposed to be. No your all wrong this is the right way" is painfully boring. I do hope the people who wrote those articles do actually have something more constructive to do with their time than writing silly debates that are loaded with their own personal biases (especially Western), and adding so much more than what is necessary to their positions.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
My husband is participating in a 24 hour gaming marathon to raise money for sick children. (Plus it's an excuse to play for this long. :D) It's called extra life and it happens every year.

They've been gaining more participation every year and more money too. They raise over a million. You can chose which hospital/charity you donate your money to as well. It's pretty cool... You can even get free games from participating devs or discounts (iirc, the game Defiance being a game they gave free passes for and Deus Ex was another one a previous year). If you raise lots of money, you get other things too! :) My husband gets a t-shirt every year.

Though, this year, one scumbag hacked the website... Who does that to a charity? Lowest of the low. It's still going on though but it's quite sad that someone would do that.

apophenia

Just bought another Appj PA0901A tube stereo amp. This one's for me. I bought one earlier in the year as a gift for my friend's 60th. These are amazing amps and incredible value for money. In the US they are also known as Miniwatt N3. That is the original. The Appj is licensed for manufacture in Asia or something like that, and costs less than $200. It is Class A, with a 12AX7 used as stereo pre-amp stage, and 2 EL84 power tubes. 3.5 watts per channel. With some high sensitivity bookshelf speakers this sounds sweet and deep. My gifted speakers were Jamo C-401s. They are very musical, and the combination is so relaxing to the ears. I am refurbishing my old Infinity RS-1001 speakers, which should sound nice. I have listened to my Fruityloops compositions using the Appj, and it is like I never really heard my own work before.
Not super loud, but the detail is astonishing for the price. My ears seem to like this combination. I also have a Laney LC15R guitar amp, which is 12AX7s and EL84s (Class A/B), which is a sweet little amp.
There are various sellers on ebay selling the Appj. Google 'appj PA0901A ebay' and you'll see that it has become a very popular product. It's real simple too, with just one pair of RCA stereo connectors, speaker out (4,6 or 8 ohm) and a single volume pot. That's it. And it's tiny. And matte black.

apophenia

41Q41RwTQEL._SY300_.jpg

Me Myself

Back to my username
My husband is participating in a 24 hour gaming marathon to raise money for sick children. (Plus it's an excuse to play for this long. :D) It's called extra life and it happens every year.

They've been gaining more participation every year and more money too. They raise over a million. You can chose which hospital/charity you donate your money to as well. It's pretty cool... You can even get free games from participating devs or discounts (iirc, the game Defiance being a game they gave free passes for and Deus Ex was another one a previous year). If you raise lots of money, you get other things too! :) My husband gets a t-shirt every year.

Though, this year, one scumbag hacked the website... Who does that to a charity? Lowest of the low. It's still going on though but it's quite sad that someone would do that.

It is indeed :(

Awesome name BTW :D

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Might not be cursed after all, my husband is getting a free XBox One cause he's an Xbox ambassador and I might get some part-time work, volunteering. I'm still upset a little about a few things but it's looking a little better.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Might not be cursed after all, my husband is getting a free XBox One cause he's an Xbox ambassador and I might get some part-time work, volunteering. I'm still upset a little about a few things but it's looking a little better.

I hope things smoothen up for you soon.

Good luck with the volunteer work!

Me Myself

Back to my username

Yay for you! :D

apophenia

We have combined depersonalisation, denial and OCD into a package called, ironically, 'social media'.
Desperate heartbroken losers - the human race.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Actually I found out the work is not volunteering, it's payed. It's only twice a week totalling 6-8 hours.

It would be perfect for me.