• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I ended up outside helping Sam de-escalate a situation with a neighbor we didn't know.

Forum rules prevents me from going into details(on his behalf, not mine, I'm still law abiding)...

But I'm proud of Sam for caring for a distraught stranger, and I found it ironic I was just talking here about not being afraid of gang members anymore.

And I hope that poor man manages to get to a place where he's loved and valued.
This was great to read. Thanks for sharing (what you could).

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I've just been insulted by a cat.

She sits on the stairs leading to the attic, one if here favourite spots. Whenever i go up or down stairs and she is on the next flight i stop so we wind up face to face. We have a conversation, she appears interested and attentive mewing on occasion.

Today i stopped, asked" shall we have a chat," she stood, turned around and faced the wall.

I really do feel insulted...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've just been insulted by a cat.

She sits on the stairs leading to the attic, one if here favourite spots. Whenever i go up or down stairs and she is on the next flight i stop so we wind up face to face. We have a conversation, she appears interested and attentive mewing on occasion.

Today i stopped, asked" shall we have a chat," she stood, turned around and faced the wall.

I really do feel insulted...
You've been put "in your place" for not approaching the cat with a properly worshipful attitude.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Meanwhile any resemblance of this to RF is entirely coincidental

Baldo Comic Strip for June 18, 2024

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Today I get my hair done and I also run errands. Yay, me! And my knee is feeling much better. It's far from perfect but it is better.

Kathryn

Oh not me for sure. FO SHO. I am definitely not bald - I have to get my hair thinned every few weeks in fact. It's crazy. I have crazy hair.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Another Buddhist Chant I found that I if I listen to it... I relax

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. This is in Japanese it is from Nichiren Buddhism. Translates to "I take refuge in the Lotus of the Wonderful Law"
In reference to the Lotus Sutra

However I will admit it does not work as well for me as the previous chant I posted from New Land Buddhism... this is in Chinese

Kathryn

I went to a Buddhist temple in Seoul. I found it to be peaceful and quiet and beautiful. I was struck by the similarities between temples and churches and mosques by the way.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I went to a Buddhist temple in Seoul. I found it to be peaceful and quiet and beautiful. I was struck by the similarities between temples and churches and mosques by the way.
There's one an hour south I'd like to see someday. It has a big golden Buddha statue in front; not a common thing for small town Iowa.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
The Yōnghé gōng 雍和宮 (Yonghe Temple, aka Yonghe Lamasery, aka Lama Temple) left a mark when I visited it recently in Beijing. I would like to go back and spend a few hours there just thinking