• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We need a government that prioritizes the essentials such as good roads.
Government has many priorities.
- Arresting people for sleeping outdoors.
- Money & material to massacre Palestinians.
- Paying victims' for brutality & murder by cops.
- The list goes on.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
- The list goes on.
Of course you missed the point and used the opportunity to ride your hobby horse into the sunset.

City roads are a city responsibility. My hobby horse is a near intersection with too many lights, with the approach having warning signs and blinking lights. To me that's ordinary corruption where the contractor got money for unneeded crap. And that's not the only example.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
My car. 2013 Prius. After the gas mileage it got driving it home I gave it its first nickname of the Silver Camel. It's a little older than I'd like, but it'll serve it's purpose and next time something younger should be easier to get.

Attachments

• IMG_20240702_214930.jpg
    IMG_20240702_214930.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 24

Shadow Wolf

A lot of the roads around me are poor. I wondered cynically how long it will be before we're back to gravel.

We're #3 on the worst list The Worst Roads in America (2024) | ConsumerAffairs®
I question that because the roads here are pristine compared to Indiana. No joke, Indianapolis has such a terrible pot hole problem that at times it's had to pay out damages to people's vehicles because they're that bad. I had to drive like I was drunk to avoid them where I lived. Amd their cheapest bidders using substandard asphalt means it breaks down and starts cracking sometimes before the new road is open.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I question that because the roads here are pristine compared to Indiana. No joke, Indianapolis has such a terrible pot hole problem that at times it's had to pay out damages to people's vehicles because they're that bad. I had to drive like I was drunk to avoid them where I lived. Amd their cheapest bidders using substandard asphalt means it breaks down and starts cracking sometimes before the new road is open.
The roads in Concord are horrible in places. The car shakes so badly we almost hit our heads on the roof in a couple of places and the roads are often broken up and headed toward gravel unless something is done soon. This report is a few years old but still very valid at least for Concord Concord Roads Ranked: See How They Compare To Rest Of Bay Area

The city of Concord's 716 miles of roads ranked in the "at-risk" category, according to the latest report on local road pavement conditions by the Metropolitan Transportation Commission, which oversees transportation planning for the nine-county Bay Area. Concord roads scored 59 out of a possible 100 points, down 1 point from last year.

Roads deemed "at-risk" — in the 50-59 range — may soon require major rehabilitation or reconstruction.

Wirey

Fartist
- The list goes on.
You forgot to add paying the city to not fix the damn pothole at the stop sign on my street. It's 2024! I was supposed to have a flying car by now! Fix the damn hole!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
You forgot to add paying the city to not fix the damn pothole at the stop sign on my street. It's 2024! I was supposed to have a flying car by now! Fix the damn hole!
You're in Canada, and from what I can tell, they don't even plow the streets in the winter or clear downed trees from the road after an ice storm.... what do you expect in the Great White North....

Shadow Wolf

It's been awhile since I've complained of credit, but apparently we're obligated to buy a car every few years or get labeled a "first time buyer" even if it's really the third car you've bought.
This system is absolute garbage. Like how my credit has barely budged since last I checked (I'm at 644). So I'm still being punished because it took me a very long time to finally get a job (about two year if you count the entirety and not just when I lost the Dx Express).

Shadow Wolf

And how the bank approved this when it's about a quarter of my regular employment checks. I'm gonna have to do rideshare to pay for it. Which sucks. But that's not the point. It's the fact the bank approved a loan that would make me car broke if I didn't have other avenues of income. They apparently needed the econ teacher I had in high school.

Shadow Wolf

Between the payment and insurance getting a car, though very much needed, is basically like having a decent second job.
But at least when passengers on rideshare tell me I'm the best ever it turns into a very high rating and fists full of cash rather than human goat headbutting contests with certain managers.