• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I dated a guy with two cops for parents.
I don't think I'd be able to. I know I couldn't do what my sister did and that is marry a pig. But two step parents as cops? He'd have to be living up to that "cop kids and preacher kids" thing and show up to the first date with a bag of a specific fungus I like.

Shadow Wolf

He's been okay today. Its the normal I have to follow him here, there, everywhere, but no blow outs yet.

However, we approach the hours the manias usually start...

Could use any thoughts, prayers, or dirty jokes.
Here's a king of dirty. Amd it's very dirty and language drenched.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
450094043_10162059073176180_3563381810967768581_n.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Well....same route...interesting..... wonder if exact replica means the exact same number of lifeboats.....hopefully it does not hit an iceberg as well...... my answer is it is tasteless... Next he should build a replica of the Hindenburg....
It wasn't so much the amount of life boats, many of those life boats were no where close to full when they launched.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
It wasn't so much the amount of life boats, many of those life boats were no where close to full when they launched.
it was actually both, they did not fill what they had to capacity and they did not have enough, even if they had filled them, for all the folks on board

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think I'd be able to. I know I couldn't do what my sister did and that is marry a pig. But two step parents as cops? He'd have to be living up to that "cop kids and preacher kids" thing and show up to the first date with a bag of a specific fungus I like.
It really was no big thing. His step dad was quiet, but his mom was really bubbly and kind. I remember kid shopping with her once; her youngest was around the same age as LeeAnder.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
WAAAAY back when I was a mechanic at Midas muffler...I was talking to a customer about what their car needed and they were, shall we say rather annoying and a bit of an idiot.... I had a touch tip cleaning tool, one of these

arc-zone-pro-welding-tip-cleaner-tool-kit-13-wire-set__41220.1710282006.jpg

I flipped it open like a s Star Trek communicator and said "Beam me up Scotty there is no intelligent life down here" The customer, who was standing right in front of me.... did not have a clue, did not understand, and walked away....
I took a car into a mechanic; the starter was going bad. I asked them to replace it. It would start sometimes, but was becoming unreliable.

Picked it up the next day, and drove it home.

The next day it didn't start. I called to complain, and ask of the possibility of them having put a faulty starter on. He admitted they hadn't replaced it, they'd just cleaned it, because they thought it was fine. At this point, the car would not start at all. They wanted me to pay for a tow back to the shop.

I yelled at them and said if they had done as instructed, there would be no need for a tow, so the tow was on them. I told him "I don't know at all how cars run, but I know a lot about how they break down." He did agree, at that point, the tow oughta be on him.

Wu Wei

I took a car into a mechanic; the starter was going bad. I asked them to replace it. It would start sometimes, but was becoming unreliable.

Picked it up the next day, and drove it home.

The next day it didn't start. I called to complain, and ask of the possibility of them having put a faulty starter on. He admitted they hadn't replaced it, they'd just cleaned it, because they thought it was fine. At this point, the car would not start at all. They wanted me to pay for a tow back to the shop.

I yelled at them and said if they had done as instructed, there would be no need for a tow, so the tow was on them. I told him "I don't know at all how cars run, but I know a lot about how they break down." He did agree, at that point, the tow oughta be on him.
He should have replaced it.

When I worked at a dealership I ran into a lot of service desk diagnosis and repair.... the service desk staff would diagnose the problem and write on the service contract what to repair..... they were generally wrong... I would diagnose the car myself and fix the problem, but then the service desk folks would get upset and come to the shop to yell at me for not fixing what they said to fix..... I would look and them and say they were wrong.... they were service desk people...they were never a mechanic and had no training..so why on earth would I listen to them...they eventually went to the dealership manager..who came and told me to do what I am told..... so I did....then people would get cars back that were not fixed..... then the service writers came out to yell at me for not fixing the issue..... I told them to come with me..... we walked into the dealership managers office and I told the service writer to yell at me about it again.... so they did..... I responded to them with... you made an untrained, know nothing about cars desk diagnosis, and it was wrong, but I was told to do what I was told....so I did.... you want the car fixed...stop diagnosing at the desk when you don't know thing 1 about cars... you want me to do what I'm told.... you get what you asked for.....you want the car fixed and a happy customer,,,get the hell out of my face and let me do my job..... and I walked out of the dealership managers office..... he came to the shop a few minutes later.... I was expecting to be fired...and to be honest I was very ok with that....but he told me to do my job, fix the cars as I see fit, and that desk diagnosis have been stopped....

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member

When I worked at a dealership I ran into a lot of service desk diagnosis and repair.... the service desk staff would diagnose the problem and write on the service contract what to repair..... they were generally wrong... I wold diagfnose the car myself and fix the problem, but then the service desk folks would get upset and come to the shop to yell at me for not fixing what they said to fix..... I would look and them and say they were wrong.... they were service desk people...they were never a mechanic and had no training..so why on earth would I listen to them...they eventually when to the dealership manager..who came and told me to do what I am told..... so I did....then people wold get cars back that were not fixed..... then the service writers came out fo yell at me for not fixing the issue..... I told them to come with me..... we walked into the dealership managers office and I told the service writer to yell at me about it again.... so they did..... I responded to them with... you made an untrained, know nothing about cars desk diagnosis, and it was wrong, but I was told to do what I was told....so I did.... you want the car fixed...stop diagnosing at the desk when you don't know thing 1 about cars... you want me to do what I'm told.... you get what you asked for.....you want the car fixed and a happy customer,,,get the hell out of my face and let me do my job..... and I walked out of the dealership managers office..... he came to the shop a few minutes later.... I was expecting to be fired...and to be honest I was very ok with that....but he told me to do my job, fix the cars as I see fit, and that desk diagnosis have been stopped....
Glad that got some change. I imagine the customers were, too.

At the place I went to, I'd talk directly to the mechanic. That was the only time I had trouble with him in all the years I've gone there. Have never had a problem since.

Shadow Wolf

I got paid from the job yesterday and a prop 22 payment from Instacart today. I got two bills paid off and I'll be paying off a third when I get home.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

When I worked at a dealership I ran into a lot of service desk diagnosis and repair.... the service desk staff would diagnose the problem and write on the service contract what to repair..... they were generally wrong... I would diagnose the car myself and fix the problem, but then the service desk folks would get upset and come to the shop to yell at me for not fixing what they said to fix..... I would look and them and say they were wrong.... they were service desk people...they were never a mechanic and had no training..so why on earth would I listen to them...they eventually went to the dealership manager..who came and told me to do what I am told..... so I did....then people would get cars back that were not fixed..... then the service writers came out to yell at me for not fixing the issue..... I told them to come with me..... we walked into the dealership managers office and I told the service writer to yell at me about it again.... so they did..... I responded to them with... you made an untrained, know nothing about cars desk diagnosis, and it was wrong, but I was told to do what I was told....so I did.... you want the car fixed...stop diagnosing at the desk when you don't know thing 1 about cars... you want me to do what I'm told.... you get what you asked for.....you want the car fixed and a happy customer,,,get the hell out of my face and let me do my job..... and I walked out of the dealership managers office..... he came to the shop a few minutes later.... I was expecting to be fired...and to be honest I was very ok with that....but he told me to do my job, fix the cars as I see fit, and that desk diagnosis have been stopped....
That would fit in the endless series of "malicious compliance" stories on the internet. The only difference is that the manager had a clue and reversed the idiocy.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Just listened to a minister make fun of a young guy who became a Buddhist monk

it was two people in my office
You work with "unusual" people. I never had that. I did work with a very religious Christian who was happy to swap oncall pager duty for him to attend church and I got to attend a class I was taking. But there was no at least public dumping on people for their beliefs.

Wu Wei

You work with "unusual" people. I never had that. I did work with a very religious Christian who was happy to swap oncall pager duty for him to attend church and I got to attend a class I was taking. But there was no at least public dumping on people for their beliefs.
"Unusual people"..... you're nicer than I am.....but then I am a ursus senum severiorum..so I suppose that is to be expected