• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, someone pretty much has to be actively on the verge of suicide or doing harm to another to get committed. And then to get someone committed can be an uphill battle itself due to bed shortages.
My getting partially hospitalized was telling my doctor (in Indiana) I was driving home one day and saw an ambulance speeding down the road with its light and sirens on amd (my exact words to her) I felt compelled to create a great scene of irony with a tool normally used to save and preserve life being used as an instrument to end a life.
And that got me a step inbetween being fully committed and intensive out patient therapy (you actually move up to IOP in this program).
But since Ares is a kid, short of him attempting suicide or your bringing him in while he's raging their hands are probably going to be tied at the hospital.
Lots of clinicians haven't heard of partial hospitalization. Perhaps the doctor and insurance could do some sluething to find some lesser used route of treatment to get him seen one way or another.
Should I try to set him into a mania and just let him whoop my *** then and there? (Being serious. I would do it if it would help.)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
This partly reminds me why I left Indiana.
"We decided after 3 years in Idaho, we are going back home," the family stated. "We wanted to move to a Conservative state, but we realized what it would mean to fit in." They continued, "It would mean we would need to be judgmental. We would need to gossip about others. Have our kids forget how to say please and thank you. Talk bad about new people moving here for a better life."

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Ares is a kid, true, but they should have paid attention to the psychiatrist.

And maybe your rules are different, but in CA someone can be put on a 72 hour involuntary hold on the decision of someone qualified (Under California law, only designated professional personnel can place a person in 72-hour hold, often called a "515O." They can be police officers, members of a "mobile crisis team," or other mental health professionals authorized by their county.)

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I've been annoyed, angered, disgusted, and just plain flabbergasted about my office for some time... this is the first time I feel a little like it is a hostile working environment if you are not corp... Corp just kicked thing up a notch.... they starting to get a bit passive-aggressive.... not quite brave enough to get full on aggressive just yet... but whatever......

Wu Wei

First we get a Tornado watch....wait a couple minutes and we get a Severe weather watch..... apparently Tornados are not severe

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Let's take a moment to mourn the poor CEOs with their yachts the size of titanic He's building a replica of Titanic. His own superyachts keep getting stuck

Pearls Before Swine Comic Strip for July 10, 2024

Wu Wei