• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Yeah. Wine is totally out. Beer with food is iffy
Wine has been out for years, I get a minor allergic reaction to it.... i get really hot, face turns red and I fall asleep... and that is only after a sip or two.....

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
OIP.L-6Z8EaBn_0r1-QXdRp8zwHaKX
iu

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
The fact that you are somehow managing in spite of what is going on says a tremendous amount of your strength. And sooner or later this attacks will land him in an institution possibly for life. Stay safe.
Exactly.

A normal person would have probably have him sent to one by now. (Thankfully for him, I am not normal.)

I just know he could not be happy in one. I worked in one for a long time. He does not like to watch TV. He does not want to play a board game. He does not like regimented routines, rules, regulations...

He wants to work on vehicles. Listen to loud music. Walk around at his will at look through neighborhoods for free stuff.

I have to try every last thing before I sign him up for the sterile life that exists in those...
Yes to re-evaluating all this meds.
I kind of hope they keep him for awhile. Not because I want him gone, but because then they can conduct some real business.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
He wants to work on vehicles. Listen to loud music. Walk around at his will at look through neighborhoods for free stuff.

I have to try every last thing before I sign him up for the sterile life that exists in those...
"If wishes were horses time" - if only he could somehow really understand how his actions were counterproductive and were taking him away from what he wants to do. Or maybe he does understand but can't translate that into something positive.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
"If wishes were horses time" - if only he could somehow really understand how his actions were counterproductive and were taking him away from what he wants to do. Or maybe he does understand but can't translate that into something positive.
I think sometimes he is losing the ability to make a choice.

My dad has witnessed a few different episodes lately, and is convinced he has multiple personalities. I'm not sure I agree, but it's worth noting.

Shadow Wolf

Working in Nod today, I finished my first Coursera class and have some sense of direction of where I'm going with this advertising thing. I also etched out an advertising campaign for one of my products once I learn some 3d modeling. I also hit one of my goals for money I needed to make today. I also got to drive around Lake Kaweah for the first time today. It was really pretty and I loved that stretch of the drive and it reminded me of one of the reasons I like driving people and things around.
But later and currently I'm very depressed I have to go into Eden tomorrow for work. I absolutely hate it there. I don't belong there. I hate the schedules and I hate the stupid rules and I hate bosses and I hate having a job.

Shadow Wolf

@VoidCat
Today I was thinking back on the many stories as to why Lilith left the Garden of Eden. Even without the sexual pressures I feel a deep understanding of why she was so very deeply unhappy there, with even the safety and security that came with it just not being appealing and choosing to live in the Land of Nod, fleeing as a refuge to the lands where Adam and Eve would be cursed to.
And, yes, I also, clearly, I take to the opinion she wasn't kicked out but chose to leave. Her banishment was just a formality from a god who wanted obedient, childlike worshippers and not freethinking, fiery willed people who rather go their own way anyways and have all that comes with that in exchange for freedom, independence and autonomy.

Shadow Wolf

I also had a realization, that work is better when you aren't alienated from it. I feel incomparably more motivated for that than where I only get to be involved with one part of the process. It's so much better when I get to go through with the whole thing.
Like how to make a commercial for one product I'ma get to scare some people. This I enjoy more than the making money part. Which I'll also enjoy but just never as much as giving people a free product under the stipulations they record their reaction of it doing it's thing so I can make a commercial.
And I am probably going to have it a few places I'm not responsible for how people use this. I'm not sure if I'd even want to use it because the first few times would have to be terribly stressful.
But I'll probably eventually do it anyways. But not when I have a job and not when I have anything to do. It will be a free day to go to the ER to make sure I didn't really have a heart attack.