• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
At least the court system isn't ****ting on me like the rest of life seems to...

I was excused from jury duty without having to provide medical excuse(on behalf of Ares).
Has the housecleaner been there yet? If so, how did that go?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Finley.jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

About 100 yards away, officers found that the Petland store was also broken into, and several animals were seen running around in the parking lot. Police recovered two dogs, multiple birds, a hamster and at least two bunnies.

Columbus Police Sgt. Joe Albert said officers were still searching for a couple of bunnies and birds and a ferret.

“One day, you’re running after a suspect. The next day, you’re running after ferrets and bunnies,” he said.

While searching the area, officers discovered the Famous Footwear store on Hilliard Rome Road was broken into. Albert said it is believed that the suspect is connected to the break-ins at the three businesses.

Officers also found blood at the scene and believed that the suspect was injured.

Albert said the suspect, who police identified as Matthew Pancake, was found sleeping near the Big Lots on Roberts Road at 4:47 a.m. Officers arrested him and discovered there were four hamsters in his pants.

Pancake was found with four hamsters in his pants.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
There is a fly in the house.... you'd think it was a Pterodactyl the Mrs Wu is acting..... I just had to tell her I am absolutely NOT staying up all night trying to find and kill the fly... that is what she wanted me to do by the way..... I can kill it in the morning too...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There is a fly in the house.... you'd think it was a Pterodactyl the Mrs Wu is acting..... I just had to tell her I am absolutely NOT staying up all night trying to find and kill the fly... that is what she wanted me to do by the way..... I can kill it in the morning too...
And of course, being male, your job is to exterminate.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Has the housecleaner been there yet? If so, how did that go?
No. I had to take Ares to his emergency appointment.

His psychiatrist agreed he should be admitted.

The ER wouldn't admit him. He's just a kid.

I tell them how violent he's getting. He's attacking(not hitting, not kicking, all out attacking) multiple times a day.

Call a crisis line, they say. Come back to the ER again. I can't... its hours away...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
No. I had to take Ares to his emergency appointment.

His psychiatrist agreed he should be admitted.

The ER wouldn't admit him. He's just a kid.

I tell them how violent he's getting. He's attacking(not hitting, not kicking, all out attacking) multiple times a day.

Call a crisis line, they say. Come back to the ER again. I can't... its hours away...
That's utterly and completely ****ed. Totally and irretrievably ****ed. Come back so they can send you away again? What kind of ****ed up ******** are running that place?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
That's utterly and completely ****ed. Totally and irretrievably ****ed. Come back so they can send you away again? What kind of ****ed up ******** are running that place?
I know they're low on beds and they'd have to keep him in the ER until one opened... but... that's what ERs are for...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
That's normal life for many who need admitted, who need extra help, but aren't necessarily suicidal or a danger to others. It's why so many, such as schizophrenics, have a life of being in and out of jails, prisons anf hospitals.
Closing the hospitals that used to work more severe cases due to the belief medications would fix it all is a monumental tragedy in American history, as has doomed many. But because it involves those with mental and physical handicaps it gets brushed aside along with the many terrible abuses suffered by inmates in asylums (they really have no idea how far along and how fast mental and physical health advanced throughout the 20th century), unless it's to highlight medical abuses such as the widespread practice of lobotomies.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
That's normal life for many who need admitted, who need extra help, but aren't necessarily suicidal or a danger to others. It's why so many, such as schizophrenics, have a life of being in and out of jails, prisons anf hospitals.
Closing the hospitals that used to work more severe cases due to the belief medications would fix it all is a monumental tragedy in American history, as has doomed many. But because it involves those with mental and physical handicaps it gets brushed aside along with the many terrible abuses suffered by inmates in asylums (they really have no idea how far along and how fast mental and physical health advanced throughout the 20th century), unless it's to highlight medical abuses such as the widespread practice of lobotomies.
Iowa keeps cutting their mental health stuff...

The thing is, he is a danger. He's not suicidal but is very capable of hurting others. He could accidentally harm himself with some of his activities(like running into traffic or attempting grand theft auto) as well.

He was a delight in the ER. That might be why they didn't believe it...

But that's the thing. Its almost like there's two of them in there, and it can switch at any moment.

Shadow Wolf

I've planned an alarm clock (probably my first electronic and 3d printed project), another shirt and a poster, all horror themed. I also found a rough draft of picture I can use as a sticker.
I'll soon be in the market for a good printer and 3d printer. Amd I'll probably also get a circuit board printer (if 3d printers don't do them, it wasn't clear in my brief, precursory research for something down the road). All of them gently used or refurbished.

Shadow Wolf

Iowa keeps cutting their mental health stuff...

The thing is, he is a danger. He's not suicidal but is very capable of hurting others. He could accidentally harm himself with some of his activities(like running into traffic or attempting grand theft auto) as well.

He was a delight in the ER. That might be why they didn't believe it...

But that's the thing. Its almost like there's two of them in there, and it can switch at any moment.
Yeah, someone pretty much has to be actively on the verge of suicide or doing harm to another to get committed. And then to get someone committed can be an uphill battle itself due to bed shortages.
My getting partially hospitalized was telling my doctor (in Indiana) I was driving home one day and saw an ambulance speeding down the road with its light and sirens on amd (my exact words to her) I felt compelled to create a great scene of irony with a tool normally used to save and preserve life being used as an instrument to end a life.
And that got me a step inbetween being fully committed and intensive out patient therapy (you actually move up to IOP in this program).
But since Ares is a kid, short of him attempting suicide or your bringing him in while he's raging their hands are probably going to be tied at the hospital.
Lots of clinicians haven't heard of partial hospitalization. Perhaps the doctor and insurance could do some sluething to find some lesser used route of treatment to get him seen one way or another.