• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Meanwhile, this cat is auditioning for the next Tarzan movie

The-Comedy-Pet-Photography-Award-Winners-for-2024-668babb186bef__700.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
There appears to be an inordinate number of white vehicles in my area... I'm guessing the majority of the owners are racist and white supremacists..... you know...Nazis....

In the UK it's white vans, the country is infested with white vans and their drivers "white van man". They are generally crap drivers, known dangerous driving, for tailgating at high speed etc. Whether the drivers are racist of not i haven't asked ;-)

The same seems to be happening here in France, I've seen more and more white vans in the last 5 years. Today it seemed like every 3rd vehicle was a white van. Though the standard of driving is better.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
In the UK it's white vans, the country is infested with white vans and their drivers "white van man". They are generally crap drivers, known dangerous driving, for tailgating at high speed etc. Whether the drivers are racist of not i haven't asked ;-)

The same seems to be happening here in France, I've seen more and more white vans in the last 5 years. Today it seemed like every 3rd vehicle was a white van. Though the standard of driving is better.
I've seen parking lots with almost all white cars. On the road, there's white, off white, light grey. Red leads for other colors but not many of those.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I've seen parking lots with almost all white cars. On the road, there's white, off white, light grey. Red leads for other colors but not many of those.

Perhaps the reason is...

White and light coloured cars are easier to appear clean. The dirt doesn't show up as much as it does on darker coloured cars.

My xkr was black and needed washing every day. We've had white, grey and silver cars didn't need washing for weeks at a time. Our old shopping trolley was white and was washed twice a year whether it needed it or not.

Or it could be a white supremacists rally

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

Its all makes and models..... all of them are white......

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Perhaps the reason is...

White and light coloured cars are easier to appear clean. The dirt doesn't show up as much as it does on darker coloured cars.

My xkr was black and needed washing every day. We've had white, grey and silver cars didn't need washing for weeks at a time. Our old shopping trolley was white and was washed twice a year whether it needed it or not.

Or it could be a white supremacists rally
Or fashionistas copying each other.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I was told
Person 1: I have to New Macs set aside for you to issue to the two users to replace their old Macs that will not run the level of OS we want........
Me: OK I am ready to set those Macs up now
Person 1: Here I brought you the Mac (sets Mac in a box on my desk)
Me: I said I needed 2 and you said you had 2
Person 1: I loaned it to another department who needed it
Me: Well can you get it back
Person 1: Maybe...but I don't think so...
Me: OK...I need 2, I cannot issue one of them a new Mac without issuing another pretty quickly after that
Person 1: I may have another one
Me: Good, I need it ASAP
Person 1: (I have heard nothing from person one for a week now, They just walked by my desk actually.... did not stop, did not talk, and certainly did not drop off another Mac....)

They have until Thursday, then I ask the CIO if I can buy 2 new Macs for our users..... who do a LOT of work for the Governors office

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Just two courses on advertising in Coursera have been incomparably more useful to me than Score business mentors. The class lectures are actually giving me ideas, helping me refine things and figure out a sense of what direction I'm going in and how to get there.

Shadow Wolf

I could have nearly been done making my money for the day, doing things I want to do, but I have this lousy job thing. I hate it. Really, I truly feel Lucifer and Lilith felt something similar just before they said **** it and left behind the worlds we are told and supposed to believe are better than where they went. The freedom, the greater sense of accomplishment and seeing your work through, and the pride of feeling I can endorse the overall thing and enthusiastically put my signature on it. Work just does not really ever give me that (chances are great I'll be cleaning up dried blood that kept getting missed since last time I closed for at least a half hour tonight).

Shadow Wolf

I do think tomorrow I'm talking to head boss about medical leave for my shoulder that took the wreck. I can't even put on gloves without hurting.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When an ebay seller says the shipper needs a phone#,
ebay won't allow the buyer to send one. Heaven forbid
that a buyer who paid for a product could actually
receive that product.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I learned the wallet Ares carries around with all his rewards cards goes for anywhere between 500-1500 bucks. The matching shoes he has go for about the same.

He picked them up off the side of the road awhile back.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I learned the wallet Ares carries around with all his rewards cards goes for anywhere between 500-1500 bucks. The matching shoes he has go for about the same.

He picked them up off the side of the road awhile back.
Put him to work. He might just earn a decent amount in that endeavor.

Shadow Wolf

Tomorrow I'm definitely talking the boss about medical leave and making a doctors appointment. My shoulder is causing me so much pain at work Ingot nauseas a couple times.