• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
wildfireuv.gif

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I saw the picture, didn't know where it was and thought brillant! Why isn't this being done more.
Yeah, it really is a great idea. I assume they'd need covered in winter to protect then from freezing in colder places, but even in Indiana it's shade for parking and electricity being generated during the summer months.
Im surprised it's not very common. Schools, hospitals, administrative buildings, apartment complexes, it seems like a win-win for those getting a shaded parking spot and the company that's generating its own electricity.

We Never Know

No Slack
Yeah, it really is a great idea. I assume they'd need covered in winter to protect then from freezing in colder places, but even in Indiana it's shade for parking and electricity being generated during the summer months.
Im surprised it's not very common. Schools, hospitals, administrative buildings, apartment complexes, it seems like a win-win for those getting a shaded parking spot and the company that's generating its own electricity.

"I assume they'd need covered in winter to protect then from freezing in colder places"

I'm not very familure with solar panels. I know some people that have a few and that's it. But I would assume either in a parking lots or on land they would need covered in colder places.

That brings up another question... What would people in those colder places do for electricity in the winter months?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
That brings up another question... What would people in those colder places do for electricity in the winter months?
I would assume figure out how to get them so they don't have to fear the damage from moisture freezing in and around them. But I don't really know how they're made. They're waterproof apparently so maybe it's a non issue.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
There appears to be an inordinate number of white vehicles in my area... I'm guessing the majority of the owners are racist and white supremacists..... you know...Nazis....