• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I wonder how many people expect the life they get.
I didn't, but then when I think about it, for some time in my youth, I never thought much about the future, only about what I was doing right then and there......the furthest I got in my thoughts in the future was what I was going to do on Friday night

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Speaking about the past.... nostalgia time for some - smoking, bringing goodies to class, running wild and so forth. Here's 2

2. "I'm 83, and schools are so different nowadays. Before, we could go in and out of school, as could our parents. We could share food and bring whatever with us. My friends and I could go off anywhere, and as long as we were back in time for class, no one really gave a hoot. Now, my seven-year-old granddaughter can't even bring homemade cupcakes to share with her friends in class, and my teenage grandson has to go through a security checkpoint. I tried telling him what it was like back in our day, and it's sad he didn't believe me."

21.Lastly: "We would always play outside, even if it was dark. We had no worries playing late outside. Our doors were never locked or closed at night, and we'd play hopscotch, marbles, and jacks. When we were thirsty, we'd drink water from the garden hose, and it'd be the best-tasting water ever — especially on a hot summer day. My grandmother had a little mom-and-pop market. I would always walk from my grandma's house to this market to buy my favorite bubblegum grape-flavored and an ice cream bullet. I think I paid 50 cents for both at the time. Those were the days!"

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I would strongly recommend trying to help him in self employment over either of those.
The most strong and stable interest Ares has shown in any career/life path is he wants to be a landlord.
Other than being a preacher I didn't really expect anything. I'm still trying to figure out what I really want to do with the rest of my life.
I plan on surviving until that isn't possible anymore, and then I won't.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
I wonder how many people expect the life they get.

When I was in my early 20s, I had the feeling that I would get into the education industry and become a professor, but I was reluctant to do so because of the financial cost to obtain a degree. Later, while I was an adherent of the Christian tradition, I wanted to get into theology school, but I needed a bachelor’s degree first. So, I researched universities and found a great one that offers many online learning programs.

As I worked on my bachelor’s degree, I was expecting to be in theology school soon somewhere in either Iowa or Pennsylvania in order to obtain a Master of Divinity. After an online interview, I was turned down and felt insulted because of what some of the interviewers told me. Soon, I realized that I was aiming for an MDiv degree for the wrong reason: to remain committed to the religion.

After graduating with a BA with high honors, I became a substitute teacher with a nearby public school district. As I worked on a program to help me become a public school teacher, I looked into teaching abroad in Asia. Soon, I was hired by an academy in Korea and was on a plane.

At this time, I am in my third year of teaching in Korea. The education industry will very likely be my industry until retirement. (For all I know though, I might be the owner of a cleaning/tailoring store in Oregon in 20 years.) Throughout my 20s, I did not exactly expect this kind of life. Before I was 22, I had absolutely no desire to be any type of educator. Schools were institutions that I did not want to walk into again.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
3f5006ad3f61f65a48a64863b42db6cf.gif