• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess this story has been getting some attention from the internet:

Parking by a fire hydrant is stupid. You should never do it, because firefighters need access to water. If you do, they will happily smash through your car to hook up their hoses, and they won’t be sorry. That much is fair. But what happens if you park kinda sorta near a hydrant?

That case recently came to pass in New York earlier this month. As posted to Twitter by FearedBuck, we see a vehicle parked close to a hydrant as a fire crew rolls in. One of the firefighters busies himself with hooking the truck up to the hydrant, and the Honda in the way gets the business. The windows are smashed, the hose is fed through the cabin, and the truck is duly hooked up to the water supply.

Fire_window_smash.jpg

I guess there are a lot of people mad at the firefighters, thinking that they didn't really need to smash this car's windows. But this article mentioned that this guy has racked up quite a hefty list of traffic violations, around $12,000 in fines.

Screenshot-2024-07-12-132958.png

In my experience in NYC, I notice they have tremendous parking problems and a lot of parking violations.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This sealed it for me. But personally a tow truck with the car not released until all the fines are paid in full and a 30 day driver's license suspension would have been one step before what happened.

Incidentally, it’s apparently the 34th time they’ve been ticketed for parking in front of a hydrant. Getting your car smashed once in 34 illegal parks… those aren’t great odds.

One suspects the owner doesn’t plan to pay this one. Just as they’ve ignored paying so many tickets before. Oh, and they’re also apparently partial to speeding in school zones.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I assume when Ares comes of age, we'll be looking for a good biker gang for him instead of college.
Not something I would recommend nor is it a good goal to shoot for... a lot of wasted time in those years and a lot of wasted money, mostly on alcohol

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
Not something I would recommend nor is it a good goal to shoot for... a lot of wasted time in those years and a lot of wasted money, mostly on alcohol
Ares used to have a biker for a preschool teacher; would ride his bike to school, even(weather permitting). The man was a gentle giant, though was quite gruff. He was tough enough for Ares to pick at... I sometimes wonder if Ares kinda looked up to him. He still talks about him.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Ares used to have a biker for a preschool teacher; would ride his bike to school, even(weather permitting). The man was a gentle giant, though was quite gruff. He was tough enough for Ares to pick at... I sometimes wonder if Ares kinda looked up to him. He still talks about him.
I wonder how Ares would respond to someone like that if he was about to have a melt down and such a guy was in the room?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Not the guys I hung out with.... example, one was on probation for manslaughter, another went to jail for assaulting 3 state police officers on duty, another was a Nam vet who they actually gave a section 8 to and kicked him out of the army....not a good crowd. I've known guys like you're talking about, but some of these guys were far from that.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
I wonder how Ares would respond to someone like that if he was about to have a melt down and such a guy was in the room?
I think if he had role models like that again, it would help. Male role models. He very much wants male attention, but almost every staff/professional he has is female(its mostly women in that line of work).

Not the guys I hung out with.... example, one was on probation for manslaughter, another went to jail for assaulting 3 state police officers on duty, another was a Nam vet who they actually gave a section 8 to and kicked him out of the army....not a good crowd. I've known guys like you're talking about, but some of these guys were far from that.
No, not a good crowd. Need more gruff preschool teachers.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And somehow when the dust settled you turned into a Chinese-food-living (mostly) Gentle Ben.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I didn't expect my life to be what it is today either but here we are and I am just glad to be alive.