• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
had a bit of a medical scare last night and today. Thought I was getting a retinal detachment in my good eye. Emergency visit to the eye doctor today, it turned out to be a gel detachment, basically a new floater is being born... but they have to watch it, cold become a tear, but she doesn't think it will
Hope it doesn't turn into one.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
The Prius is definitely better at gas than my modded Xd, bht not really by that much. Highway (no ac) thr Xd was about just as good, short trips that I'd walk if it were cooler the Xd was definitely way better, amd it was better going 45-55. But the hyrbid battery system amd eco mode is what gives the Prius the better combined MPG.

Shadow Wolf

I play good music, I find the passangers, I can pinch a stack of cash an know how many bills are there, I'm back at doing rideshare and very happy as the money is coming in and it won't be long before i have a needed stack of cash put back and equipment and inventory to really get my business going.
The compliments on my hair also still come in but I got a new one last night. "I wish I had the courage to do my hair like that."
Amd looking over vehicle requirements they added another year so I get another year with this car I wasn't planning on.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
BB1pqdwr.img

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The Prius is definitely better at gas than my modded Xd, bht not really by that much. Highway (no ac) thr Xd was about just as good, short trips that I'd walk if it were cooler the Xd was definitely way better, amd it was better going 45-55. But the hyrbid battery system amd eco mode is what gives the Prius the better combined MPG.
Yup. My plugin gets good mileage when pure EV batteries are drained.

Shadow Wolf

And I'm pretty bitter towards my mom's dog today. I was having a very pleasant dream of being in bed with a very attractive and handsome man, and just as things were getting steamy the Daisy Torpedo did a running slam into me.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
And I'm pretty bitter towards my mom's dog today. I was having a very pleasant dream of being in bed with a very attractive and handsome man, and just as things were getting steamy the Daisy Torpedo did a running slam into me.

How do they know just when to wake a dreamer just before the hight point of a dream?

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Consider the statistical side of the above picture. If each of those power extenders has a certain chance of failing in the coming year, how do you calculate the chance that one of them will? I'm not going to ask the probability of 1 or more failing: They're all hooked together, so if one fails then the circuit is cut.

Obviously you cannot simply add the probabilities, because that could come to a probability greater than one.

What if we assume a binomial distribution? The rules for that are short and simple, laid out in every book on it. Suppose the probability of one failing over the coming year is P(x). Then could we just call it probability of 1 failure in 6 trials at probability P(x)? If so then the formula to calculate would be Combination(6,1) * P(x)^6 * (1-P(x))^(6-1).

Therefore: if the probability of one of those failing in the coming year is .4 (a good guess I think) then the probability that one of them fails (out of all six) is: 6 * (.4 ^ 6) ( 1 - .4 )^(6-1) = 0.001 Extremely low.

Hence no doubt everything will be just fine. The more you hook together the more reliable the setup.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Consider the statistical side of the above picture. If each of those power extenders has a certain chance of failing in the coming year, how do you calculate the chance that one of them will? I'm not going to ask the probability of 1 or more failing: They're all hooked together, so if one fails then the circuit is cut.

Obviously you cannot simply add the probabilities, because that could come to a probability greater than one.

What if we assume a binomial distribution? The rules for that are short and simple, laid out in every book on it. Suppose the probability of one failing over the coming year is P(x). Then could we just call it probability of 1 failure in 6 trials at probability P(x)? If so then the formula to calculate would be Combination(6,1) * P(x)^6 * (1-P(x))^(6-1).

Therefore: if the probability of one of those failing in the coming year is .4 (a good guess I think) then the probability that one of them fails (out of all six) is: 6 * (.4 ^ 6) ( 1 - .4 )^(6-1) = 0.001 Extremely low.

Hence no doubt everything will be just fine. The more you hook together the more reliable the setup.

Unless you have children or curious animals to tug a wire just because they can. It screws up the probably calculation bit time.