• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
And I have a full day tomorrow. Things seem fine by the way but the faucet is still slightly going and I still can't turn it off.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

Change "low", to "old", and you have my day so far.... although, low could work too..... didn't sleep well, ended yesterday with a migraine, woke up with a headache today..... I need a nap

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, here's a bit of historical trivia:

Aug. 5 (UPI) -- On this date in history:

In 1833, Chicago, with a population of about 200, was incorporated as a village.

Other noteworthy events:

In 1858, after several unsuccessful attempts, the first telegraph line across the Atlantic Ocean was completed.

In 1957, Dick Clark's American Bandstand began airing nationally. Clark, who hosted the show for decades, as well as New Year's Rockin' Eve, died April 2012.

In 1962, Marilyn Monroe died of an overdose of barbiturates. She was 35.

In 1974, U.S. President Richard Nixon admitted ordering the Watergate investigation halted six days after the break-in. Nixon said he expected to be impeached.

In 2007, U.S. President George W. Bush signed into law a bill to allow government eavesdropping of telephone conversations and email of U.S. citizens without a warrant if there's "reasonable belief" that one party isn't in the United States.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
Ours was necessary unless we wanted to remove many quick growing privet trees next spring.
In our case, a silver maple is growing into the house/roof. Its just scraping now. Its on city property, though. I'm on a list of folks who the city will bring the cherry picker out and take care of it. They don't let us know when, just that we're on the list.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
454285127_7372046046228147_2781116586208744447_n.jpg