• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
That sucks all right. @JustGeorge has written the same thing - wishing for IRL human connections.
I'm hoping by chance I can meet some Juggalos who live near here at the Aftershock concert in October to befriend and have more than just a few people to hang out with here.
And honestly I think I'm more excited about being in a crowd and group where I do fit in and belong and am accepted has me more excited than any of the bands playing.

We Never Know

No Slack
You're human. You require it but just don't know it.

I don't see it as a positive social when you keep getting wrong what I'm saying even after I've corrected you. I was saying I wish I didn't have to motivate and carry myself and I'm tired of having disabilities brought up in my life and here you come along with stuff about choices and pain and finding motivation.

Yes. It is. I mentioned here not too long ago something that sucks about almost being 40 is it's everybody else who has slowed down. But your advice in response to my post is entirely and utterly irrelevant to my situation, especially since I've stayed very busy since I went on medical leave.

In this case, so I get paid and don't risk losing my job over a denied leave, yeah I'm gonna do as I'm told I have to.
You want a cookie?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
You know, I really have to stop reading political posts here on RF..... it does not matter what side of the aisle they are on, or for that matter what country they are talking about...it is inevitable, that at some point, sometimes with the first post..... I have this thought....well not this thought exactly but I think you will be able to figure out what it is....I'm going to clean it up a bit with a different name for the same animal..... the thought is "what a donkey you are" however if they are particularly annoying.... the thought is "What a fornicating donkey you are"

But I allow calmer heads to prevail, take a few breaths, not post, and move on,,,,, then asking myself... why the heck do I bother looking at those....

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
You know, I really have to stop reading political posts here on RF..... it does not matter what side of the aisle they are on, or for that matter what country they are talking about...it is inevitable, that at some point, sometimes with the first post..... I have this thought....well not this thought exactly but I think you will be able to figure out what it is....I'm going to clean it up a bit with a different name for the same animal..... the thought is "what a donkey you are" however if they are particularly annoying.... the thought is "What a fornicating donkey you are"

But I allow calmer heads to prevail, take a few breaths, not post, and move on,,,,, then asking myself... why the heck do I bother looking at those....
Part of the reason I stay out of them.

We Never Know

No Slack

"what a donkey you are" however if they are particularly annoying.... the thought is "What a fornicating donkey you are"

That my offend some being the donkey is the dem symbol. But carry on. It might be amusing.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Part of the reason I stay out of them.
Well, contrary to a bear who works himself up by not resisting the temptation to look and others that avoid them, I'm an old 60's radical who was at the ceremony to levitate the Pentagon, enjoyed Yippies tossing money off a stock exchange balcony, presented a recruiter for Dow Chemicals a "saran wrapped yippie button" after Dow stopped making napalm etc. I know it's one of my drugs of choice but that's me most especially this time when the stakes are so high.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Well, contrary to a bear who works himself up by not resisting the temptation to look and others that avoid them, I'm an old 60's radical who was at the ceremony to levitate the Pentagon, enjoyed Yippies tossing money off a stock exchange balcony, presented a recruiter for Dow Chemicals a "saran wrapped yippie button" after Dow stopped making napalm etc. I know it's one of my drugs of choice but that's me most especially this time when the stakes are so high.
I vote. What else can I do?

Wu Wei

il_fullxfull.6014180933_56os.jpg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Being an informed voter puts people way ahead of too many who vote based on habit and ignorance.

I used to take great pains to know the issues, so as to know how to cast my vote(I didn't necessarily vote along party lines, and wanted to hear and consider what all had to say).

Now its just a **** show. I'm currently voting along party lines with survival in mind... I can't stomach the details. Which side is less likely to get us all killed, is now the question I ask. The rest is all trappings to me...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Can your candidate promise all of these?
  • Universal Tail Wags: Ensure that everyone receives a daily dose of happiness with a promise to promote positivity and kindness.
  • Mandatory Playtime: Introduce a national playtime hour to encourage fun, relaxation, and bonding among citizens.
  • Parks and Recreation Expansion: Increase funding for parks and recreational areas, ensuring every community has safe and accessible spaces for exercise and socialization
  • Puppy Adoption Incentives: Promote adoption from animal shelters and provide incentives for adopting older dogs, ensuring every dog finds a loving home.
  • Treats for All: Implement a program to distribute healthy snacks to all citizens, promoting good nutrition and well-being.
  • Open Door Policy: Foster an inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone feels valued and heard.
  • Focus on Naps: Encourage work-life balance by promoting adequate rest and relaxation, including more nap breaks.
  • Environmental Stewardship: Commit to environmental policies that protect natural habitats and promote sustainability, so everyone can enjoy clean parks and outdoor spaces.
  • Fetch for Fitness: Launch a nationwide initiative to promote physical fitness through fun activities like playing fetch and other sports.
  • Paws for Peace: Advocate for peaceful resolutions to conflicts, promoting unity and cooperation both domestically and internationally.

Shadow Wolf

Apparently getting people to subscribe to your email stuff is a big thing for what I'm doing with my horror business. More stuff to figure out what I'm going to do with that, but these courses are giving me so many ideas and bits of information I'm sure I'll figure out something.
I've made it a goal to review every Godzilla movie for the blog side of this. I myself have watched maybe only about half of them.

Shadow Wolf

Wu Wei

Can your candidate promise all of these?
  • Universal Tail Wags: Ensure that everyone receives a daily dose of happiness with a promise to promote positivity and kindness.
  • Mandatory Playtime: Introduce a national playtime hour to encourage fun, relaxation, and bonding among citizens.
  • Parks and Recreation Expansion: Increase funding for parks and recreational areas, ensuring every community has safe and accessible spaces for exercise and socialization
  • Puppy Adoption Incentives: Promote adoption from animal shelters and provide incentives for adopting older dogs, ensuring every dog finds a loving home.
  • Treats for All: Implement a program to distribute healthy snacks to all citizens, promoting good nutrition and well-being.
  • Open Door Policy: Foster an inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone feels valued and heard.
  • Focus on Naps: Encourage work-life balance by promoting adequate rest and relaxation, including more nap breaks.
  • Environmental Stewardship: Commit to environmental policies that protect natural habitats and promote sustainability, so everyone can enjoy clean parks and outdoor spaces.
  • Fetch for Fitness: Launch a nationwide initiative to promote physical fitness through fun activities like playing fetch and other sports.
  • Paws for Peace: Advocate for peaceful resolutions to conflicts, promoting unity and cooperation both domestically and internationally.

• Universal Pick-a-nick baskets: Ensure that everyone receives a food
  • Mandatory Playtime: Bears are fun and cuddly
  • Parks and Recreation Expansion: patrolled by bears for your safety
  • Puppy Adoption Incentives: OK, we stole that from the other folks, but it sounds good
  • Treats for All: come to the dark side...we have cookies
  • Open Door Policy: Nope, only if you’re looking for a good ole fashion mauling...oh wait...sure...come on in, put yuor feeet up, and stay awhile
  • Focus on Naps: ALL WINTER LONG…WITH PAY!!!!!
  • Environmental Stewardship: Keep all those polluting meatbags out……
  • Running for Fitness: Volunteer bears will chase you
  • Claws for Peace: Advocate for peaceful resolutions to conflicts, promoting unity and cooperation both domestically and internationally…with mauling.