• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
87394298.jpg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Going to continue to sit here and wish I hadn't eaten candy.

The 'dicey hours' approach. I like to conserve energy.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Lake Powell's Famous Double Arch Collapses

"Double Arch was formed from 190-million-year-old Navajo sandstone originating in the late Triassic to early Jurassic periods," the rangers added. "Since formation, this fine-grained sand feature has been subject to spalling and erosion from weather, wind, and rain."

The arch has also been referred to as "Toilet Bowl", "Crescent Pool" and "Hole in the Roof" and was beloved by many in the area who have since posted on social media about their memories there.

Her caption read: "So sad to hear the news that one of our favorite Lake Powell spots 'The Toilet Bowl' collapsed yesterday. The bravest in our family always loved jumping off of this while the rest of us would swim in and out. Grateful for the memories made at this majestic spot."

1723299361773.png

Glen Canyon National Recreation Area Superintendent Michelle Kerns said: "This event serves as a reminder of our responsibility and need to protect the mineral resources surrounding Lake Powell.

"These features have a life span that can be influenced or damaged by human-made interventions. While we don't know what caused this collapse, we will continue to maintain our resource protection efforts on Lake Powell for future generations to enjoy. Please enjoy our resources but leave no trace."

Just like Lake Mead, Lake Powell's water levels are going down.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Good late morning everyone! Headed to a baseball game this evening, which should be fun. Weather is perfect!

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
It hasn't rained for several days.
Seems like a drought for this year.
I wouldn't know, just getting used to weather in this part of the country. I do know there are leaves all over my front yard. I also know that it's supposed to be about 20 degrees warmer today in Texas, which SUCKS!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I wouldn't know, just getting used to weather in this part of the country. I do know there are leaves all over my front yard. I also know that it's supposed to be about 20 degrees warmer today in Texas, which SUCKS!
It's looking like fall.
That's August for ya in the midwest.