• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Did someone fart?
portrait-of-real-caucasian-man-with-happy-expression-looking-to-the-side.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You win. I very rarely get to 7000+. My goal is 5000 but to get there I have to stop posting on RF. What a dilemma.

Posting while you walk is a thing. Never fallen in the river yet.

Only if you are accompanied thought, for safety of course

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I just learned @Wu Wei has a day, today, that is Left Handers Day.
And because I learned this on the internet, I'm also reminded there's a lot of stupidity on the internet, such as those trashing the day because it ignores ambidextrous people and this dumb thing called "transhand" (had to look it up, it's actually called learned ambidextrous, compared to the natural/born that way ambidextrous people).
As someone who is ambidextrous, I object to the objections of Left Handers Day because people still have problems with left handedness. I've seen it, and even argued with a boss over it at my current job.

Shadow Wolf

Oh gods, please leave the trans thing out of this.
Which brings us to the most despised minority of all, those who neither identify as RH, LH or AD, but choose to change their handedness. The Transhand (TH) community face mockery from those whose ‘handed’ identity matches their anatomical handedness at birth — that is, ‘cishanded’ people or ‘cis’, as they are known in TH circles.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I think this should be a politics free zone! Including but definitely not limited to trans anything. And I hate math by the way, but I can and will just skip over those posts.

Shadow Wolf

I think this should be a politics free zone! Including but definitely not limited to trans anything.
That wasn't political but dismay over learned ambidextrous people trying to attach themselves to the transgender stuff and appropriating the terminology. Anatomical handedness at birth? That isn't a thing.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
That wasn't political but dismay over learned ambidextrous people trying to attach themselves to the transgender stuff and appropriating the terminology. Anatomical handedness at birth? That isn't a thing.
I want a break from thinking about gender!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I just learned @Wu Wei has a day, today, that is Left Handers Day.
And because I learned this on the internet, I'm also reminded there's a lot of stupidity on the internet, such as those trashing the day because it ignores ambidextrous people and this dumb thing called "transhand" (had to look it up, it's actually called learned ambidextrous, compared to the natural/born that way ambidextrous people).
As someone who is ambidextrous, I object to the objections of Left Handers Day because people still have problems with left handedness. I've seen it, and even argued with a boss over it at my current job.
I'm right handed, but I was born ambidextrous... would write with either hand in grade school. And as an Auto-Mechanic could use right or left interchangeably and can even do it with a computer mouse. But when I went to school they beat that stuff out of you.... they had pens and scissors for Right handed kids and left handed kids and made a BIG issue out of the left hand stuff... the right handed kids all got blue pens with blue ink and the left handed kids red pens with blue ink. The left handed scissors had a piece of red tape around them too, even though they were the same dang scissors, and there were only 3 for the entire class. And kids in first and second grade don't want to stand out so we all wanted the right handed stuff.

Since then I have had 2 people, who analyze hand writing, independent of each other, see me write and the both asked me if I was left handed. Because even though I write right handed they say I am trying to hold my pen like I was left handed....