• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Since today is Tuesday, does that mean that this is Belgium?
It means Wimpy has to pay up.
iu

Shadow Wolf

I'm right handed, but I was born ambidextrous... would write with either hand in grade school. And as an Auto-Mechanic could use right or left interchangeably and can even do it with a computer mouse. But when I went to school they beat that stuff out of you.... they had pens and scissors for Right handed kids and left handed kids and made a BIG issue out of the left hand stuff... the right handed kids all got blue pens with blue ink and the left handed kids red pens with blue ink. The left handed scissors had a piece of red tape around them too, even though they were the same dang scissors, and there were only 3 for the entire class. And kids in first and second grade don't want to stand out so we all wanted the right handed stuff.

Since then I have had 2 people, who analyze hand writing, independent of each other, see me write and the both asked me if I was left handed. Because even though I write right handed they say I am trying to hold my pen like I was left handed....
Sounds like what my dad went through, except he still writes with his left hand.
I also seem to have slightly misremembered and thought you was left handed.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'm right handed, but I was born ambidextrous... would write with either hand in grade school. And as an Auto-Mechanic could use right or left interchangeably and can even do it with a computer mouse. But when I went to school they beat that stuff out of you.... they had pens and scissors for Right handed kids and left handed kids and made a BIG issue out of the left hand stuff... the right handed kids all got blue pens with blue ink and the left handed kids red pens with blue ink. The left handed scissors had a piece of red tape around them too, even though they were the same dang scissors, and there were only 3 for the entire class. And kids in first and second grade don't want to stand out so we all wanted the right handed stuff.

Since then I have had 2 people, who analyze hand writing, independent of each other, see me write and the both asked me if I was left handed. Because even though I write right handed they say I am trying to hold my pen like I was left handed....

Shouldn't be allowed.

Brother in law is ambidextrous, usually wrote with his left hand. They wouldn't allow it at his school. He had to write with his right hand of face detention

Shadow Wolf

I'm debating if my younger nephew has managed to show me up in high school.
I got sent to detention because I wouldn't stand in support of all the dumb home coming crap and partake in the "school spirit."
My youngest nephew got sent to detention for summoning demons. He didn't really, and it started as a severe misunderstanding by one of his dumb classmates who accused him of it, and because he's related he played it up and put on a little show and next thing he knows a teacher is scolding him and giving him detention for summoning demons.
I will give him the reason he got it is cooler.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I got sent to detention because I wouldn't stand in support of all the dumb home coming crap and partake in the "school spirit."
My youngest nephew got sent to detention for summoning demons. He didn't really, and it started as a severe misunderstanding by one of his dumb classmates who accused him of it, and because he's related he played it up and put on a little show and next thing he knows a teacher is scolding him and giving him detention for summoning demons.

Never done that but given the tricks i played at school, its something i should have done.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Since today is Tuesday, does that mean that this is Belgium?
Possibly.
TRUE STORY TIME: I was sitting in English class one day and the teacher said, "Those of you who are in the drama club and got a parent's signature to go sell ads, please bring the notes to the front of the class." I thought "Surely my dad wouldn't care if I sold ads for the drama club" so I signed his name on the note and brought it to the front of the class. I was supposed to ride with two other girls who I did not know well. One of them said "My dad went to a party last night and they had COORS BEER there, wanna try it?" This was before you could get Coors Beer in Georgia. "Sure!" us other two girls said. So the third girl reached around and opened a cooler in the back seat and brought out ONE COORS BEER. We each tasted it, it tasted terrible to us, and we put it out on the next curb. A few blocks later, the girl driving said "Is it clear?" and it was AT THAT TIME, but she dropped her purse on the floorboard and picked it up with all the stuff and then pulled out and we were hit by a huge truck and knocked into the service road. Oh, and empty beer cans flew everywhere. And it happened right in front of a restaurant where the managers were having a meeting and they all knew my dad who worked in HR for the same company, so of course they all ran out to see the wreck, and all the empty beer cans. We had been rehearsing the lines of a play we were going to be in right before the accident. I was knocked out and when I came to, the girl beside me was screaming "Is she dead, is she dead?" I had blood all over me from holding my wrist up but I was pretty much OK. So I was loaded into an ambulance and the orderlies kept saying, "What's your name, what's your name?" I said, as if it made all the sense in the world, "Is it Tuesday?" They said yes, and I said, "OK. Then my name is Kathryn." I mean, I was so serious but it was because we were rehearsing lines in a play and if it really was Tuesday then my name really was Kathryn and not the name of the girl I was in the play. I remember feeling so depressed. And my dad got a call from the managers who told him that I was not in school, and that I'd just been pulled out of a wreck and there were beer cans everywhere, and of course all of us had beer on our breath since we'd just tasted the beer. So I was feeling pitiful and my dad came up to the hospital furious at me! And I had to deal with him for DAYS till we got the blood work back clearing us all.

Oh, one great thing came of it all though. I was banged up so I was too sore to go to the Prom which was the upcoming weekend. I also had some stitches here and there. So anyway, I did not go to my Jr. Prom with the captain of the football team. I was scared to death he would try to kiss me, and he had blonde eyelashes on one eye and brown ones on the other, and I just knew I was going to crack up! So I had to call him and tell him I couldn't go and I am sure he found another date and another girl to kiss. I did not care a bit. I was dreading it!

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Possibly.
TRUE STORY TIME: I was sitting in English class one day and the teacher said, "Those of you who are in the drama club and got a parent's signature to go sell ads, please bring the notes to the front of the class." I thought "Surely my dad wouldn't care if I sold ads for the drama club" so I signed his name on the note and brought it to the front of the class. I was supposed to ride with two other girls who I did not know well. One of them said "My dad went to a party last night and they had COORS BEER there, wanna try it?" This was before you could get Coors Beer in Georgia. "Sure!" us other two girls said. So the third girl reached around and opened a cooler in the back seat and brought out ONE COORS BEER. We each tasted it, it tasted terrible to us, and we put it out on the next curb. A few blocks later, the girl driving said "Is it clear?" and it was AT THAT TIME, but she dropped her purse on the floorboard and picked it up with all the stuff and then pulled out and we were hit by a huge truck and knocked into the service road. Oh, and empty beer cans flew everywhere. And it happened right in front of a restaurant where the managers were having a meeting and they all knew my dad who worked in HR for the same company, so of course they all ran out to see the wreck, and all the empty beer cans. We had been rehearsing the lines of a play we were going to be in right before the accident. I was knocked out and when I came to, the girl beside me was screaming "Is she dead, is she dead?" I had blood all over me from holding my wrist up but I was pretty much OK. So I was loaded into an ambulance and the orderlies kept saying, "What's your name, what's your name?" I said, as if it made all the sense in the world, "Is it Tuesday?" They said yes, and I said, "OK. Then my name is Kathryn." I mean, I was so serious but it was because we were rehearsing lines in a play and if it really was Tuesday then my name really was Kathryn and not the name of the girl I was in the play. I remember feeling so depressed. And my dad got a call from the managers who told him that I was not in school, and that I'd just been pulled out of a wreck and there were beer cans everywhere, and of course all of us had beer on our breath since we'd just tasted the beer. So I was feeling pitiful and my dad came up to the hospital furious at me! And I had to deal with him for DAYS till we got the blood work back clearing us all.
Did you at least get to meet the Bandit?:tongueclosed:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Tell him to practice!

Succeed!

Then the demon can send the teacher to detention.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
TRUE STORY TIME!

OK so my oldest son was always, always in trouble at school, one way or the other. It was nearly the end of the school year and I got a call stating that my son had a freaking GRENADE at school. Well, I knew that 1) this was impossible for many reasons and that 2) I had bought him a FAKE HAND GRENADE to lob at his buddies when they played Soldier in the woods. So I went to the school, and as soon as I went into the office, the secretary told me that everyone was outside. So I went outside and all the school administrators were standing around outside in a circle, with the FAKE HAND GRENADE in the middle of the circle. I marched into the circle and picked up the hand grenade and said "It's fake." So the whole story comes out - my son had been playing soldier with his buddies and forgot that the fake hand grenade was in his backpack. So when he got to school, he raised his hand and told his teacher that he had a grenade in his backpack. So of course the teacher responded strongly, as I would want him to. So they tried unsuccessfully to send my son to in school detention for the rest of the school year which was about two weeks. My dad and I both went up to the school and told them that 1) he thought of the fake hand grenade as real, 2) the history of it, and 3) that he was TRYING TO CONFESS. and they let him back in school!

Shadow Wolf

Shouldn't be allowed.

Brother in law is ambidextrous, usually wrote with his left hand. They wouldn't allow it at his school. He had to write with his right hand of face detention
Makes no sense. But, then again, school often was initially with the intent of instilling Bourgeois values and norms at the expense of humanity.

Shadow Wolf

Tell him to practice!

Succeed!

Then the demon can send the teacher to detention.
This kid doesn't need that sort of encouragement, lol.
When I say he's related, well yeah he's related but he's got the same no ****s given, **** you and your stupid standards and expectations that are a well established feature and trait of this family.
I'm trying really hard to convince him to learn business because he's gonna HATE having a job.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm going to read up on what "not looking down" means for after cataract surgery - my wife is scheduled for Thurs AM and she relies on me do do this kind of research.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm going to read up on what "not looking down" means for after cataract surgery - my wife is scheduled for Thurs AM and she relies on me do do this kind of research.
Answer: a lot of vagueness but one site said "heart level". Two said "waist level" and one said words that meant "don't bend over double" So I call the surgeon's office tomorrow