• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I was delighted last election getting to vote to add family planning, contraception and abortion as rights to California's amendment.
This election I am ecstatic I get to vote to overturn Prop H8.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Answer: a lot of vagueness but one site said "heart level". Two said "waist level" and one said words that meant "don't bend over double" So I call the surgeon's office tomorrow

I've had it, wear an eye patch for a couple of days to protect from dust. No instructions not to look down but use your head rather than swiveling the eyes. Also don't get it wet, tape a waterproof eye patch over the eye when showering.

The op is quick and no trouble.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Am1xdn.gif

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Suzanne Flament-Smith, 46, of Tampa, said she was picking up trash on Bayshore Boulevard in Safety Harbor when the bottle caught her eye.

"We opened the letter and you could see it was really faded. So some of it you can make out and you could see the letterhead on it," she said.

The letter, dated March 4, 1945, has a letterhead marked "United States Navy, Amphibious Training Base in Little Creek, Virginia."

"Dear Lee, Received your letter yesterday, was glad to hear from you," the letter opens.

Flament-Smith said much of the letter is too faded to read, but the writer, who may have been named Chris or Jim, details starting at "radio school" and promises to write again the next day.

April Phillips, a Navy public affairs officer, said officials at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story, more than 800 miles from Safety Harbor, are investigating to see if they can identify the sender or recipient of the letter.

Interesting. So they found a message in a bottle from nearly 80 years ago. It makes me wonder how many unfound messages in bottles are floating around out there.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
don't bend over, don't look down, don't left stuff, while recovering
"don't bend over" is too vague for this techie. slight bend, bend to heart level, bend to waist level, bend totally over?

"don't look down" is impossible for my wife when she gets up from the couch and in other situations.

Don't lift is also vague. A friend said 5 lb which makes sense and is doable.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Hurricane Ernesto is gathering steam.

Ernesto is forecast to move through open waters for the rest of the week and make its closest approach to Bermuda on Friday and Saturday. It is expected to become a major Category 3 storm in the upcoming days and then weaken slightly to a Category 2 as it nears Bermuda.

Ernesto is the fifth named storm and the third hurricane of this year’s Atlantic hurricane season. Since 1966, only four other years have had three or more hurricanes in the Atlantic by mid-August, according to Philip Klotzbach, Colorado State University hurricane researcher.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has predicted an above-average Atlantic hurricane season this year because of record warm ocean temperatures. It forecast 17 to 25 named storms, with four to seven major hurricanes of Category 3 or higher.

I just remembered that Che Guevara's given name was Ernesto.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
to'mor'row is' Inter'nat'ion'al Ap'ost'ro'phe Day SO CEL'E'BRA'TE

(it's a little known holiday but worthy none'the'less

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
"don't bend over" is too vague for this techie. slight bend, bend to heart level, bend to waist level, bend totally over?

"don't look down" is impossible for my wife when she gets up from the couch and in other situations.

Then ask your MD. All I can tell you is that bending, squatting and lifting were verboten

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
to'mor'row is' Inter'nat'ion'al Ap'ost'ro'phe Day SO CEL'E'BRA'TE

(it's a little known holiday but worthy none'the'less
I'm celebrating the ballot initiative to do away with one if the remaining forms of slavery here. It better pass.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I've had it, wear an eye patch for a couple of days to protect from dust. No instructions not to look down but use your head rather than swiveling the eyes. Also don't get it wet, tape a waterproof eye patch over the eye when showering.

The op is quick and no trouble.
I've had it too and I agree with this message!

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.

Pretty sure it all just means don't swivel your eyes around. And don't bend over meaning bending at the waist. And don't lift more than about 5 lbs. But I am not a surgeon so she really should ask the surgeon!