• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I got a present from my niece for my birthday, Star Trek and Star Trek: Into The Darkness. Yes, I opened it early.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Still watching loads of documentaries, I might need to add some books to that though. Been looking at subjects like psychology behind advertising, things we are taught from childhood, enforced ideas, etc. It's quite interesting and I'm starting to look back on things (from childhood till now) and see how it's affected my own views and life.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I have to refrain myself from replying to someone I perceive as a nutcase. Totally brainwashed nutcase. I'm just glad not everyone's like that.

Also, just finished watching the documentary series called The Century of Self. It's made by Adam Curtis, was broadcast and distributed by the BBC and won awards. It's about the works of Sigmund Freud, Anna Freud and Edward Bernays and how it influenced the way corporations and governments have analyzed and controlled ‬people. Using psychology to enter people's fears, desires and give them a false sense of feeling in charge.

I really recommend watching it, it's very interesting on a psychological level and gives you a better idea and awareness of the tactics that were (and still are) employed to influence and sway people. It's with information that you can escape the tight grip and be more mindful of what you see, after all.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It will rain a little here today, but it will be pretty warm....60F or so.
Mrs Revolt gave the cats canned cat food even though they don't deserve it.
This post made my post count a palindrome!