• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Why the upgrade from grumpy to ornery?
Things at home and things at work.......was in a waiting room this morning with several people, ages ranged from 40s to 70s... surprisingly during the conversation, I realize not one of us was happy with the world today...all like it better in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
61Owd-z73IL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

(you started it in this thread)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Things at home and things at work.......was in a waiting room this morning with several people, ages ranged from 40s to 70s... surprisingly during the conversation, I realize not one of us was happy with the world today...all like it better in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s
I prefer the 90s myself.

Everything's so impersonal now, and I hate it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Things are more chaotic now to be sure but to me we're in the process of very positive changes but going there more than I have would turn this into a religious thread and it's already a political one.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Well, I'm downright ornery today.....
I grew up not learning the definition of ornery right. Even still my has to shake the erronous one off, probably because it's not used very often. But maybe not because I still try to spell potato as I learned it as potatoe (which seems to have fellen out of use sometime around the mid 90s).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
With the claims they making, why has no one told me they're being fed to the lions and literally driven underground? I live in California, where they hate Jesus, where are these bloody shows I can go attent and cheer on their gruesome ends?
Yes, I see their arguements as being that absurd. Because, yes, free speech is well legally established to be malleable to a degree and constrained. Such as, you used to be able to shout fire in a crowded theater, then someone did it, a lot of people got hurt and killed amd ever since we use it as the default go to for demonstrating this point, as well as it being illegal to state violent intentions towards another (even your neighbor it can be a charge of assault depending on how belligerent you get) or advocate for the overthrowing of the government (that's Constitutional), and that's before we get to the private sector with nondisclosure agreements and other stipulations that curb free speech.
As for the content, well, logically it's unfounded you can't curb curb misinformation and free speech and remain free. Much of the West has hate speech laws and are more free than we are, amd we ourselves already have laws against false advertising and misrepresention in certain areas amd various public saefty laws.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Frankly, I don’t much freaking care, either way things go, we are damned if we do and damned if we don’t.

Ben Franklin said, we gave you a republic, now lets see if you can keep it….. well… we didn’t. It appears no matter what the Constitution is thought of these days by those in charge, on both sides of the aisle to be about as important as a used chewing gum wrapper.

And we the people follow blindly behind our chosen political party messiah, because lird knows it is much easier to be told what to think than think for yourself

To quote Bender… we’re boned

Have a nice day