• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
We have a few like that - he'd fit right in.
Good point. He may do okay.

He'd create 100 threads titled "Your [store name here] Rewards Account". It would look like spam, but it wouldn't be.
@JustGeorge interviews her family? :cool:
No, I think someone else oughta...

I think Sam would get banned quickly(preaching and proselytizing, and then name calling after the fact). LeeAnder would be a frequent troll in the political areas, but would likely avoid a ban. Yudhi may be a productive member.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
1265032824_kick_fail.gif

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Good point. He may do okay.

He'd create 100 threads titled "Your [store name here] Rewards Account". It would look like spam, but it wouldn't be.

No, I think someone else oughta...

I think Sam would get banned quickly(preaching and proselytizing, and then name calling after the fact). LeeAnder would be a frequent troll in the political areas, but would likely avoid a ban. Yudhi may be a productive member.
Would they accept you as the official RF scribe feeding questions through you and you entering their reply or is that too much work/not workable?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Would they accept you as the official RF scribe feeding questions through you and you entering their reply or is that too much work/not workable?
Ares and Yudhi would play.

Sam and LeeAnder probably wouldn't.

Out of the 4 people, Ares is the most conscious of forum members.

Ares knows of a fair amount of members, and sometimes questions on them.

Sam may know of one or two, but that is because they somehow became relevant to him.

LeeAnder isn't interested in who his boring mom talks to.

Yudhi isn't aware forums exist.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Ares and Yudhi would play.

Sam and LeeAnder probably wouldn't.

Out of the 4 people, Ares is the most conscious of forum members.

Ares knows of a fair amount of members, and sometimes questions on them.

Sam may know of one or two, but that is because they somehow became relevant to him.

LeeAnder isn't interested in who his boring mom talks to.

Yudhi isn't aware forums exist.

It sounds like Ares would be the first one with offers made to the others? I'd volunteer to be one of those asking questions and maybe one or two others would join in?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It sounds like Ares would be the first one with offers made to the others? I'd volunteer to be one of those asking questions and maybe one or two others would join in?
You could give it a whirl.

I think the biggest hurdles would be staying on topic for them.

I'd also have to translate for Ares. Due to his apraxia, he says things in very different manners.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Mixing up ounces and grams for a colonoscopy prep is quite brutal when the mix up kicks the already very high dose of Mirilax even higher, about double of what it should have been.:grimacing:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You could give it a whirl.

I think the biggest hurdles would be staying on topic for them.

I'd also have to translate for Ares. Due to his apraxia, he says things in very different manners.
I'd love to learn how apraxia manifests so both what he says and the translation would be interesting.

Maybe an interview thread where you introduce him, I've forgotten his age for example. Then I can propose questions that you can look at to check my language and for anything that might cause confusion? With other RF-ians invited to join in?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I'd love to learn how apraxia manifests so both what he says and the translation would be interesting.

Maybe an interview thread where you introduce him, I've forgotten his age for example. Then I can propose questions that you can look at to check my language and for anything that might cause confusion? With other RF-ians invited to join in?
He generally understands what other people say, though sometimes they have to say it twice(and loudly) because his attention was elsewhere. It is difficult for him to ask questions, and he often makes statements and waits for you to give more information.

If he asks his grandpa about fuel saver cards, it'll come out "Bubba what fuel saver have." [response given] "Ares, he Walgreens balance rewards in the mail." The order of words, pronouns, and tone inflection don't really match normal speech. Sometimes I have to translate for him. He has a speech device but doesn't use it, because he enjoys speaking.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
With Gastritis...US food is BORING!!!!!!!! I had NO gastritis issues in Beijing, NONE in either Montreal or Boston Chinatown..... The past few weeks I have had a dull stomach ache whenever I eat.....

Last night Mrs Wu made some food and brought some food home from the only reasonably good Chinese restaurant in the area. Been eating Chinese food today..... and my tummy is fine....... I don't really want to move to Beijing or Montreal....guess I have to move closer to Boston.....

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
With Gastritis...US food is BORING!!!!!!!! I had NO gastritis issues in Beijing, NONE in either Montreal or Boston Chinatown..... The past few weeks I have had a dull stomach ache whenever I eat.....

Last night Mrs Wu made some food and brought some food home from the only reasonably good Chinese restaurant in the area. Been eating Chinese food today..... and my tummy is fine....... I don't really want to move to Beijing or Montreal....guess I have to move closer to Boston.....