• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Now that I've cussed a lot and accepted I got ****ed out of another job, I actually feel better being cast out of Eden. Now I have my own schedule, more money, more time, well, sort of. I'll have more time for getting my businesses going so I won't have more time, just more time for that.
And I'm excited to get a scanner and printers. I still have so much more to learn (like making consumer electronics rather than personal/home use stuff with Arduinos and Teensies), but it's fine because no one can tell me no or watch over me and sign off when it's terribly convenient for them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nah (well, yes, actually) it's just mostly a scam. Pay them month after month, year after year and IF you need to use it for what you're paying them for--even if it's not your fault--they make you pay more. They can even cancel you for using them for the very exact reason you are paying them for.
Don't know about you, but I wouldn't trust security and safety things to a company that seems more interested in looking for excuses to screw customers over and squeezing them for more money than actually working with them and doing the things they are paid to do. Any other company that looks for excuses to not do what I pay them to do is a business I won't do business with in the future. But it's the norm for auto insurance.
It seems that you don't understand how insurance works.
Every incident adds data. If you become a greater risk,
you'll pay more. This is why I work with my insurers to
cut risks.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
True that. There are stories about people having trouble proving their still alive. ChatGPT found 2 for me:

Here are two stories where individuals had to convince a bureaucracy that they were still alive:

1. The Case of Jean Hutchinson (UK, 2018)
    Jean Hutchinson, an 80-year-old British woman, was declared dead by mistake by her pension provider. Her state pension payments were abruptly stopped, and her death was recorded with government agencies. Despite being very much alive, she had to go through a lengthy bureaucratic process, submitting official documents and repeatedly visiting offices to prove her existence. Even after showing up in person, she encountered numerous delays as different departments struggled to correct the error.
  2. The Story of Clarence Bright (USA, 2013)
    Clarence Bright, a 92-year-old from Detroit, Michigan, was declared dead after his son mistakenly informed officials of his father's passing. The error led to the cancellation of Social Security and other benefits. Bright, who was still alive, had to battle various government offices to correct the record, facing frustrating red tape. It took months for his benefits to be restored, and the ordeal highlighted the complexity of reversing such a bureaucratic error.
Obamacare had my son listed as a smoker for some
unknown reason. It took a year to fix that error.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Obamacare had my son listed as a smoker for some
unknown reason. It took a year to fix that error.
Just think of what happens if a business or organization fixes their problems quickly. Word spreads, people flock to them and profit is made.

I remember once wanting to buy some software for where I was working. I knew what we wanted and had an informal quote. It was almost impossible to buy the software. From my perspective I was waving money under the salesperson's nose and all they could do was stare blankly and drool. My dog does much better than that when offered a cookie for sitting or whatever. So I rank that salesperson as way way way lower on the evolutionary scale than my dog.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That reminds me of this:

Ziggy Comic Strip for September 23, 2024