• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
This week's challenge for me has been road safety.

Don't lay in the street. Don't run off with a wagon, not looking where you're going. Don't open the door of the car when you're going down the highway.

When I was little, my mom had a Chevy Astro. One day, when we were at a red light and I was in the front passenger seat, I placed my arm outside the window. My mom right away told me that it is best not to do that because if another car is coming up, the person might cut off my arm. I imagined some driver holding a pocketknife in his left hand and cutting off my arm while coming up. Turns out that what she meant was the car itself.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
A guy in school (noty class) did that, he rocked back and forth. One day he tipped back too far and couldn't get ballance. Cracked his skull on the desk behind.

I understand that cured him.
I did that in the cafeteria in middle school.

Some kids laughed at me.

I pretended to be dead, and then I jumped up and laughed maniacally at them.

For whatever reason, that embarrassed them, and their faces turned red.

I went back to enjoying my lunch break.
When I was little, my mom had a Chevy Astro. One day, when we were at a red light and I was in the front passenger seat, I placed my arm outside the window. My mom right away told me that it is best not to do that because if another car is coming up, the person might cut off my arm. I imagined some driver holding a pocketknife in his left hand and cutting off my arm while coming up. Turns out that what she meant was the car itself.
I like to stick my feet out the window.

mangalavara

हर हर महादेव
Premium Member
A guy in school (noty class) did that, he rocked back and forth. One day he tipped back too far and couldn't get ballance. Cracked his skull on the desk behind.

I understand that cured him.

Yikes! That would be very bad for any of the two academies where I work. At least one of them is not insured for that sort of thing. One Friday night, when the students zipped down the hallway when the bell rung, a girl was knocked over and trampled. When her mom called the office and asked for compensation to pay the medical bill, our manager called the mom of the boy who knocked over the girl and requested the money. His mom refused, so our manager gave the other one compensation out of pocket.

Anyway, I've seen some of my students fall back out of their chairs from leaning them. Fortunately, there have not been any injuries.