• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
whoa..wait a minute there I think we are breaking the rules

This is The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 2

I feel at this juncture we need to take another look at the definitions

random - made, done, happening, or chosen without method or conscious decision.

meaningless - having no meaning or significance

DAMN!!! I just posted something that was not Random and had Meaning

See what you ALL made me do

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Religion is safer to talk about than politics, but only just barely.

My husband doesn't want to talk religion, politics or economics. He shuts down or becomes annoyed. :D This is why I'm on here and some other forums, to talk about taboo stuff.

It's quite sad, imo, when people don't talk about some subjects... Even if they are uncomfortable (well it's us making it taboo that makes it so in the first place really). It doesn't allow for intelligent discussions, problem solving or questioning. Good for keeping things as they are and never changing them.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
My husband doesn't want to talk religion, politics or economics. He shuts down or becomes annoyed. :D This is why I'm on here and some other forums, to talk about taboo stuff.

It's quite sad, imo, when people don't talk about some subjects... Even if they are uncomfortable (well it's us making it taboo that makes it so in the first place really). It doesn't allow for intelligent discussions, problem solving or questioning. Good for keeping things as they are and never changing them.

Politics is all my husband talks about. No matter what we start out talking about, it always ends up being about politics. We can talk about religion, the meaning of life, TV shows, the kids grades, etc. and it will always end up being about politics. :D

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I am playing Final Fantasy VIII. I've never been able to play that one although I've played (and completed) I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, and IX. I never actually finished II, to be honest.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Politics is all my husband talks about. No matter what we start out talking about, it always ends up being about politics. We can talk about religion, the meaning of life, TV shows, the kids grades, etc. and it will always end up being about politics. :D

My wife and I will do the same; she'll declare that we will never discuss politics again, and in the very next sentence she brings up politics.

I'm good with that; it's one of my favorite subjects.

illykitty

RF's pet cat

I sometimes wish I could have more meaningful conversations with my husband like that. I don't mind talking about video games, anime and the like but I crave intellectual and philosophical topics at times.

I am playing Final Fantasy VIII. I've never been able to play that one although I've played (and completed) I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, and IX. I never actually finished II, to be honest.

Awesome! To be honest viii is not up there in my favourites. Too many things I didn't like about it. Love vi, ix and x though! X is actually the reason why my husband and I met.

I just finished watching a new video posted on the Zeitgeist Movement youtube. It was nearly a 3 hour talk but I had to pause frequently to do stuff and resume afterwards. So it took basically all day and that's without looking at all the sources of the lecture. :eek:

Simurgh

Atheist Triple Goddess
i think i will stop reminiscing about the good old days of catnip and bacon and concentrate on sprouts and tofu...