• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I want to tell my family about Sikhi...but I can't.

If you mean telling your family that you're embracing Sikhism, it would be a good idea perhaps to ease them about it.

Just talk about it, tell them what it is about, clear out misconceptions and try to answer what they ask to the best of your knowledge.

Then perhaps after some time and they know more about it you can tell them that after you learned about it you loved it and thought it was the path for you.

That's what I think anyway... But I know how hard it is to deal with family!

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
Things that are on my mind atm:
-I get through manga WAY too quickly.
-I sincerely hope that the episode of BTR tonight was not the last one.
-I wonder if I can finish the remaining Stephanie Plum books by the end of summer break.
-I wonder what the weather is like at the beach(still really want to go)
-Why does Misty(my mother's cat) keep attacking me?!

"Don't give me that, 'I've seen the inexplicable-a tranny is his natural state!' I just woke up! Of course I haven't shaved yet." =-Haruhi's dad, Ouran High Scool Host Club.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Got to work tomorrow, at least it'll be easier since there will be a lot of people off. I won't have the craziness of Friday morning breakfast. Working at a canteen is hard work!

Hopefully that will give me the opportunity to learn everything. ~_~

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I woke up at about 5:20 this morning because it was so cold in my house. 60 degrees F inside, 51 outside, late July. I should NOT have to be wearing sweats and a jacket to stay warm in the late part of July! And the lows here today are only supposed to be in the 40's! We had a terribly bitter cold winter, and a very cool summer.

Last edited:

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I'm so glad someone's trying to make a documentary about ASMR, it's short for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. That basically mean a tingling sensation you get from the skull to the whole body, triggered by either specific visual or sounds that varies from person to person. So it's more than just feeling relaxed its a physical response.

I've had these tingles ever since I was a child and never knew what it was. It was nice to discover on youtube loads of people who not only experienced them too but made videos to trigger them.

My first trigger was probably at school, teacher explaining something with a soft voice and writing on the blackboard with chalk. Also, sometimes attention to detail or being carefully handling something can trigger that feeling too. Or a failsafe one is going to the hairdresser, especially when she shampoos my hair and gives a massage.

Unfortunately some don't understand it, find it weird at best and fetish at worse. Or treat is as not existing because they never experienced them. Needs to be out in the open so that it's no longer a strange subject no one's ever heard about.

[youtube]EYYu7Zs8KEE[/youtube]

Last edited:

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
I ordered "One For The Money" (the movie for the first Stephanie Plum book) from the library 2 days ago and it's already in transit. :3 I'm excited.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I decided to try and get into Magic: The Gathering again, after trying several years ago and having no place to play or anyone to play with. I discovered the stack of Mirrodin, Ravnica: City of Guilds, and Champions of Kamigawa (also abit of Dark Steel and Fifth Dawn), cards are no longer legal for standard builds, and the deckbuilders tookit (2013 Core) I bought to get started again is not legal in a couple of months.:facepalm:

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Came back from work, was better today, not as much people, not as much pressure. More opportunity to learn. Feels so good to sit on the sofa after standing for ~7:30 hours.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Someday I will not be so dumb as to ever take this one particular vitamin between meals again. Damn thing churns my stomach if I don't take it with food. I purposely didn't take it with the others yesterday to avoid this, but I was watching tv this morning and just wasn't thinking and threw all the damn pills together and took them at the same time and now I'm paying for it. Just...ugh.