• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
Today is my final day in Spain and I FINALLY met another Hindu. He was a worker in a souvenir shop and there were pictures of Ganesha, Lakshmi and Guru Nanak (his boss is a Sikh) on the wall. He told me, unlike other western countries which have Hindu adoptees/converts, almost 100% of all Hindus in Spain are Indian and to see a non-Indian Hindu is extremely rare.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I went to a card shop to get back into Magic: The Gathering today. I tried the Plains cards from the 2013 deckbuilders kit I got, but lost horribly many times partly because I wasn't getting the right cards, and largely because I realized during the second game that too many of the cards cost too much to cast to be reliable as it is. I switched to my Swamp deck, and started to win some, especially when the cards turned in my favor. I want to use the Forest cards I have, but to use those has an overall cost that is even higher than my Plains.

Shadow Wolf

225723_700b_v2.jpg
I had to take a math placement test today for college, and a few of the questions I could not remember how to do. I remembered seeing them in class. I remembered them being easy, but I could not remember the exact required steps to take.
While I am nowhere close to being in that "why do we need it if we won't use it" crowed with math classes, I do strongly sympathize with that "won't use it" part because not using mathematical principals that hardly ever applied to most peoples lives are so easily forgotten.

Shadow Wolf

I burnt my middle finger on the grill at work yesterday, and I have a pea-sized blister on it today. I felt like showing my boss my boo-boo.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Do you feel offended that people think you look arab? :D
Not for being Arab as I think Arabs of both genders are generally quite good looking, but the crap that always comes next is worthy only of a headdesk.. :D

heh.

I wish people told me I dance like a Latino D:

then again, that would be weird given everyone is latino here :D

I know, I went completely out of subject.
Do you dance like a Latino, or like an old man? :D

BeckyRose1998

PICKLES THE KID
Apparently the foot doctor tried calling us THREE times and they couldn't get ahold of us. Wow. My dad never told me when my appointment is, though. O.O What, do I have to wait 4 more years to get it checked out?!

illykitty

RF's pet cat
=__= I'm so tired and it's been only two days. I feel like I've worked a week's worth already. My feet hurt so bad! T_T

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
One of my higher-ups told me I shouldn't've kicked the students out of the lesson last Friday. My response was I won't waste my time on people who won't listen to me, and when I'm doing a speaking activity I wasn't prepared for because the other teacher couldn't get in, I'm naturally going to tell them if they don't want to speak in English they can go.

I REGRET NOTHING!

Shadow Wolf

I got to see Heart last night! :clap2:It was a very good concert, except their cover of Stairway to Heaven wasn't that good, but there cover of Kashmir was pretty good. Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin experience was alright, but the guy singing for them was really good for some songs, but some songs he was totally off.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
One of my higher-ups told me I shouldn't've kicked the students out of the lesson last Friday. My response was I won't waste my time on people who won't listen to me, and when I'm doing a speaking activity I wasn't prepared for because the other teacher couldn't get in, I'm naturally going to tell them if they don't want to speak in English they can go.

I REGRET NOTHING!

I side with you. When I was in college, a group of students during statistics kept talking all through the class. The instructor was a very good natured man but he finally had enough- he told them to stop talking or get out.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
I find it odd and kinda funny that, when a famous white man makes a public slur against black people, he apologizes to Al Sharpton and/or Jesse Jackson.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I am eating rice with white beans and avoicado. It is a really good avocado too.

I LOVE avocado :drool: