• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draka

Wonder Woman
*beep beep beep* News flash! *beep beep beep*

Turk and I had homemade taco salads for dinner tonight.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled rambling announcements. *beep beep beep*

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
How would any other answer be worth any more of your time and efforts?
Because this answer is the exact number I did not want to get.
1% (besides being an annoying result due to how simple it is) is the exact same as my significance level.

In non statistics: I am screwed. Its 1 all the way to 23 decimal places.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
So... It is the wrong answer?
No.(you reminded me to update my How Not To Be Lied To By Statistics thread. thanks)
In statistics, you want to check if something has an effect on something else.
So we apply that variable and look at the change. But how do we know that the change was not just random chance? We calculate the odds of the event occurring by chance, and if it is below a certain probability we call an alpha level, we say that we have evidence that something caused a significant change.
My alpha level was 1%
The chance of my observation occurring by chance is exactly 1%.

More eloquently put: I am screwed.

I spent 23 hours of compute time and $7 in electricity to get a giant **** You from my computer

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
No.(you reminded me to update my How Not To Be Lied To By Statistics thread. thanks)
In statistics, you want to check if something has an effect on something else.
So we apply that variable and look at the change. But how do we know that the change was not just random chance? We calculate the odds of the event occurring by chance, and if it is below a certain probability we call an alpha level, we say that we have evidence that something caused a significant change.
My alpha level was 1%
The chance of my observation occurring by chance is exactly 1%.

More eloquently put: I am screwed.

I spent 23 hours of compute time and $7 in electricity to get a giant **** You from my computer

:eek: What a rude computer...

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Attention!!

My face feels really hot... It is the same feeling I had when my sister got on her plane on Friday night and left... Maybe I am sad and I don't know it...

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Urgent Notice!

My knee has been taken over by some sort of alien species and it intends to take over the planet with it's size and weird noises!

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
East Meets West

This topic could easily hold a thread of its own or at least be positioned in the “Say Something Scandalous” thread.

On Saturday, March 1st at 5:00 pm in Cairo New York, the Bavarion Manor is holding a Psychic Dinner. Mrscardero and I were supposed to go with a few toll collectors that I work with at Saugerties but they have assumed an obligation to go with my ex-fiancé (which under the circumstances is understandable by both parties). Why is this insignificant?
  • My ex-fiancé makes no misunderstanding to her fellow workers of her hate and dispassion for me.
  • This will be the first time my wife and my ex-fiance will be under the same roof. Mrscardero is fine with this but I am sure it will cause discomfort for my ex-fiancé.
  • The Bavarion Manor Restaurant and Hotel is well remembered as the place that I and my ex-fiancé first shared an intimate moment and lost our virginities, a memory that ironically will cause more discomfort.
The situation goes into more complications but everyone is looking forward to a delicious, peaceful meal or they are thinking that if my ex-fiancé knows that me and and my wife are going, she may not show.

Attenton please! May I have your attention please!

Food was great and I had a great reading from a psychic. His ex-fiance` backed out at the last minute claiming she was sick. We had a great time but the water had sulfur so it smelled like rotten eggs. I hope to attend next month to celebrate my birthday. If his ex shows or not, "May the force be with her."

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
Attention!!!!

As I am sitting here spending time on RF, I am hearing noises.........

My bad. It's just cardero sleeping in the other room. Carry on peeps.

That is all.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Attention!!

I arrived at work today 11 minutes late, and I wasn't wearing a name tag, because I lost my sister's name tag, which I have been using for about a month. (My sister used to work with me) I don't think my manager was mad; infact, he may not have even noticed... Our conversation was confusing.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I haven't been working my new job for three weeks yet and already I am frustrated with some accounting problems somewhere down the line.

Jobs suck. I am considering quitting mine soon.

I had made up my mind when I woke up at 9:57 this morning that I would put in my two weeks notice if my managers were mean to me about being late to my 10:00 shift. But they weren't. So I didn't put in my two weeks notice...

cardero

Citizen Mod
Quiet down please, I have an unimportant announcement to make...

At the psychic dinner, the psychic that Rizza chose had made the random announcement that within the next year we will be expecting a baby. This clairvoyant individual went as far to predict pink booties-

Wait a moment, everyone please, quiet down, I haven’t finished yet….

At the same psychic dinner, I chose a different psychic and this psychic (without any prompting from me or me having previous knowledge of mrscardero’s reading) did indeed confirm that within the year, I would be expecting a baby girl but he could not decide if the little baby’s name would be Jill or that I would be conceiving this baby with a girl named Jill. Given the fact that Rizza and I have no intention of ever naming a child Jill, we are both hoping for the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.