• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

.lava

Veteran Member
Thanks .lava, I'll make sure I tell that to any kid I might be putting to bed.

images

:biglaugh:sorry if i caused something negative here:biglaugh:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I'm leaving for Washington D.C. in a few hours. This will be the first time I have been further east than central Ohio. I am super excited about the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear tomorrow!

Sententia

If I remember my high school chemistry classes correctly, that's because of the strong and weak nuclear forces.

Which works regardless if the charge is neutral, positive or negative? :eek:

How long will the electron keep appearing near simultaneously in all available spaces around the nucleus before it violates the laws of thermodynamics?

Is it not possible that an electron in the outer most shell of any given atom in Australia might find itself on mars at some point in time but that it would be highly improbable?

My desk is mostly empty space but electrons keep choosing to appear at just such an exact location as to usefully serve as a desk. I am not even sure I can touch my desk or metal or plastic yet each feels distinctly different... Useful little electrons aren't they?

Who was that guy who said the earth was the center of the universe and that everything is comprised of only 4 elements... Earth, Air, Water and Fire... Earth will always want to go home and the bigger the earth the faster it goes and home is the center of our planet which is the center of the universe...

Ultimately he ascribed to the principle that matter basically chose to go home because that was its 'nature'. Heavenly bodies went in circles around us because it was their 'nature'. Etc etc.

These pesky electrons are stubbornly persisting as my wooden desk. Must be their 'nature' unless you find one at your house... if you do send em back... I like my desk. :)

croak

Trickster
This thread is like twitter, isn't it?
Interesting observation. Looks it, except for the fact that you can type as much as you want. Which makes it better. I might be typing more than what Twitter would allow right now.

And you don't have to click links to see pictures. And links aren't weird-looking. I hate that part of Twitter. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.