• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mocha is a white coffee 1 third coffee 2 thirds steamed milk with either cocoa powder or chocolate syrup. (basically it is a variant of a latte)

Renji

Mocha is a white coffee 1 third coffee 2 thirds steamed milk with either cocoa powder or chocolate syrup. (basically it is a variant of a latte)

Now I can't understand why the Mocha frappuchino I ordered is dark. Maybe they have mixed a lot of coffee.:D

i think i am going to have one tomorrow morning :)

I don't like them, but enjoy!

urban-mocha.jpg

Nerthus

Wanderlust
Particularly, what specific "ethics" are you referring to? So going to Starbucks nowadays is 'immoral'?:D

Just the issues surrounding how they acquire their coffee. There has been a lot stated about them in the last few years or so, that they pay coffee pickers below minimum wage. I need to look it up again actually, to see if anything has changed recently.

If things have changed - then cool, I'll change my opinion.

Last edited:

Renji

Just the issues surrounding how they acquire their coffee. There has been a lot stated about them in the last few years or so, that they pay coffee pickers below minimum wage. I need to look it up again actually, to see if anything has changed recently.

IDK about that, but as far as I can see, the coffee pickers of Starbucks and their management in my country are quite happy with their salaries. In fact, no one is complaining;)

And I don't think it's "unethical" to drink coffee nowadays:D

Starbucks has been fairtrade for a long time now. I went into one once and their coffee smelled burned so I left. Yup! That's how I roll :D

Nerthus

Wanderlust
IDK about that, but as far as I can see, the coffee pickers of Starbucks and their management in my country are quite happy with their salaries. In fact, no one is complaining;)

And I don't think it's "unethical" to drink coffee nowadays:D

It's unethical to drink it when we're not giving people a fair price for it. They wont complain much because it's the only money they're getting! :rolleyes:

Starbucks has been fairtrade for a long time now. I went into one once and their coffee smelled burned so I left. Yup! That's how I roll :D

Just because something is fair trade, doesn't mean anything. Research it.

For me, there are plenty of coffee shops around, and I'd rather drink there than help exploit the workers. But, that's just me.

Renji

It's unethical to drink it when we're not giving people a fair price for it. They wont complain much because it's the only money they're getting! :rolleyes:

No Nerthus. I know some workers on Starbucks in my country and they're actually happy about their wages. And as for the coffee price, it's actually fair. Here, they are usually using Brazilian coffee, which is really expensive, even if you buy it out of Starbucks.;)

Chilax. Have some coffee.:D

Nerthus

Wanderlust
No Nerthus. I know some workers on Starbucks in my country and they're actually happy about their wages. And as for the coffee price, it's actually fair. Here, they are usually using Brazilian coffee, which is really expensive, even if you buy it out of Starbucks.;)

Chilax. Have some coffee.:D

The workers picking coffee for ten hours a day?

Investigators found different. It's not on no evidence that they make such claims.

Last edited:

Renji

I doubt it.

No one is "forcing" to convince you.

A healthy individual should have a good self image and healthy criticisms about himself/herself. No one should expect himself to be the same as others. I learned that from my nursing theories. You should keep that in mind as a nurse.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.