• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
refering to your grossly insignificant coment about the transformers movie, it happened to be one of the most profitable movies made with an allround approval rate from the general public. Thus meaning it doesnt matter how ****, good, intelligent, stupid or far fetched the movie is, it happend have everything a movie needs: hot chicks, fast cars, some reasonable inteligence and lots of explosions. hence why they made another one.

Correction: Hot chick. Not hot chicks. There was only one.

rojse

RF Addict
refering to your grossly insignificant coment about the transformers movie, it happened to be one of the most profitable movies made with an allround approval rate from the general public.

Hey, Brotownius, haven't seen you on here before. Welcome to RF.

I quite despise the mantra that comes from Hollywood "if it's a good movie, it makes money, and if it makes money, it's a good movie. If we are going to go with box-office gross to judge the worth of a movie, the best movie ever should be "Gone With the Wind (1939)" which has the highest gross, adjusted for inflation, or "The Blair Witch Project" which made the most money per dollar spent in production.

The phrase "all-round approval from the general republic" is qute debatable.

From wiki:

Reviews of the film were "generally favorable".[67] Review aggregate website Rotten Tomatoes reported that 57% of critics gave the film positive write-ups, based on 206 reviews,[68] with a 68% rating from selected "notable" critics.[69] At the website Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream critics, the film has received an average score of 61, based on 35 reviews

An average score of 61 out of 100 from Metacritic? 57% approval rating from general movie critics on Rotten Tomato? Hardly resounding affirmation for the movie.

Thus meaning it doesnt matter how ****, good, intelligent, stupid or far fetched the movie is, it happend have everything a movie needs: hot chicks, fast cars, some reasonable inteligence and lots of explosions. hence why they made another one.

If that is all you demand from movies, it seems that Hollywood will cater for you quite easily. Forget characterisation, forget consistency, forget challenging moral or intellectual concepts - we'll give Brotownius a movie with explosions and hot chicks and lots of CGI and he will be as happy as a pig in muck.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
I am sitting here waiting for cardero's phone call. He has something to tell me about work. Don't know what it is, but I am sure it's more exciting then what's going on at my job.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
I read yesterday that the Netherlands are number one when it comes to safety in traffic.

Don't worry people, you can all have this as I allready discovered our secret. TRAFFIC-JAM!!
Appareantly there are less accidents if every car in the entire country is standing still. :cover:

Hey, Brotownius, haven't seen you on here before. Welcome to RF.

I quite despise the mantra that comes from Hollywood "if it's a good movie, it makes money, and if it makes money, it's a good movie. If we are going to go with box-office gross to judge the worth of a movie, the best movie ever should be "Gone With the Wind (1939)" which has the highest gross, adjusted for inflation, or "The Blair Witch Project" which made the most money per dollar spent in production.

The phrase "all-round approval from the general republic" is qute debatable.

From wiki:

An average score of 61 out of 100 from Metacritic? 57% approval rating from general movie critics on Rotten Tomato? Hardly resounding affirmation for the movie.

If that is all you demand from movies, it seems that Hollywood will cater for you quite easily. Forget characterisation, forget consistency, forget challenging moral or intellectual concepts - we'll give Brotownius a movie with explosions and hot chicks and lots of CGI and he will be as happy as a pig in muck.

rojse,rojse,rojse,rojse

last time i checked 57% is an alround approval, being greater than 50%

in reference to characterisation, consistency or intellectual concepts it is apparent that you did not watch this movie through therefore i dont believe you are in a position to comment. if you had you would have realized that the movie comes together in the final 30 minuites.

in reference to your comment "we'll give Brotownius a movie with explosions and hot chicks and lots of CGI and he will be as happy as a pig in muck " is in formity to the general public. hollywood = money, people = money, ther would be no point making a film for the minority.

the fact is this movie was not made for those who have biased oppinions from the start. also, it was not made for thos who were after a challenging mind boggling movie (news flash: its based on a kids cartoon series). No, it was film made for those people who can escape reality and focus on the movie.

it is obvious that your brain can not gain this concept for its sheer small size.

for that i feel sorry for you.

rojse

RF Addict
rojse,rojse,rojse,rojse

last time i checked 57% is an alround approval, being greater than 50%

Fifty-seven percent of critics enjoying the movie is hardly all-round approval, as you originally asserted.

in reference to characterisation, consistency or intellectual concepts it is apparent that you did not watch this movie through therefore i dont believe you are in a position to comment. if you had you would have realized that the movie comes together in the final 30 minuites.

in reference to your comment "we'll give Brotownius a movie with explosions and hot chicks and lots of CGI and he will be as happy as a pig in muck " is in formity to the general public. hollywood = money, people = money, ther would be no point making a film for the minority.

Don't make such ridiculous posts. As one example, explicit horror films have quite a niche appeal, but the first Saw movie, made with a budget of $1.2 million, raked in one hundred million dollars worldwide. That's a return of eighty-five dollars for every dollar invested in that movie. Movie makers are not merely interested in gross revenue, but also the return they get for their dollar. In comparison, with the $151 million budget of Transformers, investors got about four dollars seventy return on their dollar. A profit, yes, but hardly a great incentive when movie-making is such a risky adventure.

Perhaps, instead of concentrating on spending tens of millions of dollars on CGI and not caring about the plot, movie companies should spend a bit more time on the script, because people seem to appreciate it far more.

And no, I haven't watched all of the movie. The start was far too ridiculous for me to even care. Life is too short, and time is far too precious to watch formulaic, cliched, and poorly-characterised rubbish.

the fact is this movie was not made for those who have biased oppinions from the start. also, it was not made for thos who were after a challenging mind boggling movie (news flash: its based on a kids cartoon series). No, it was film made for those people who can escape reality and focus on the movie.

it is obvious that your brain can not gain this concept for its sheer small size.

for that i feel sorry for you.

Perhaps you might stay on here for more than twenty posts if you can see the difference between attacking a post, and attacking a poster. One is allowed, and another one is a no-no and will earn you a warning and possibly a ban from this site.

Fifty-seven percent of critics enjoying the movie is hardly all-round approval, as you originally asserted.

Don't make such ridiculous posts. As one example, explicit horror films have quite a niche appeal, but the first Saw movie, made with a budget of $1.2 million, raked in one hundred million dollars worldwide. That's a return of eighty-five dollars for every dollar invested in that movie. Movie makers are not merely interested in gross revenue, but also the return they get for their dollar. In comparison, with the $151 million budget of Transformers, investors got about four dollars seventy return on their dollar. A profit, yes, but hardly a great incentive when movie-making is such a risky adventure.

Perhaps, instead of concentrating on spending tens of millions of dollars on CGI and not caring about the plot, movie companies should spend a bit more time on the script, because people seem to appreciate it far more.

Don't tell me, right a letter to hollywood.... they should see where you are coming from:help::help:
And no, I haven't watched all of the movie. The start was far too ridiculous for me to even care. Life is too short, and time is far too precious to watch formulaic, cliched, and poorly-characterised rubbish.

as stated before you didn't watch the movie through, therefore you don't reserve the right to comment.

Perhaps you might stay on here for more than twenty posts if you can see the difference between attacking a post, and attacking a poster. One is allowed, and another one is a no-no and will earn you a warning and possibly a ban from this site

and i'm sorry but the truth hurts... doesn't it?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I got an email from one of my ex-friends not long ago, saying that if I "apolergise for being Christian", they "mite forgive" me and start hanging around me again! :D

... I declined the offer. :D

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I got an email from one of my ex-friends not long ago, saying that if I "apolergise for being Christian", they "mite forgive" me and start hanging around me again! :D

... I declined the offer. :D

Appologise for being a Christian? That doesn't even make sense... People can be so stupid sometimes...

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Appologise for being a Christian? That doesn't even make sense... People can be so stupid sometimes...
The fact I became a Christian offended them so much that they refused to be my friends because of it - I'd've understand if I was shoving it down their throat, dragging them to church, or exclaiming "HEATHEN SCUM! BURN THEM!", but I wasn't :D

With friends like those, who needs enemies?! :D

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
The fact I became a Christian offended them so much that they refused to be my friends because of it - I'd've understand if I was shoving it down their throat, dragging them to church, or exclaiming "HEATHEN SCUM! BURN THEM!", but I wasn't :D

With friends like those, who needs enemies?! :D

Indeed.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
My car's air conditioner is being refilled now. I usually don't use it, but it's been so damn hot lately its miserable driving around.

Status
Not open for further replies.