• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

islam abduallah

Unclean is a human value judgment. God doesn't care.

well, we are caring about our cleaning right?, as per your belief the god doesn't care? are we more clean than the god?,:no:

also how the god allows some riffraffs like us pollute his atmosphere?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
well, we are caring about our cleaning right?,
We care about cleanliness because our physical health depends upon it. God's doesn't.

as per your belief the god doesn't care? are we more clean than the god?,:no:
Of course not. We are, however, more fragile than God.

Take feces. For us, it's a health risk, carrying pathogens that can do us a great deal of harm. For a plant, it's a great source of nourishment. The plant is as divine as the human. Fecal matter serves God just like everything else.

also how the god allows some riffraffs like us pollute his atmosphere?
I think you're failing to grasp that God is not separate in my theology. We ARE God, or pieces of it. We're not riffraff, and the atmosphere is ours. If we're careless, we'll kill ourselves off and God will replace us. The choice is ours.

islam abduallah

We care about cleanliness because our physical health depends upon it. God's doesn't.

Of course not. We are, however, more fragile than God.

Take feces. For us, it's a health risk, carrying pathogens that can do us a great deal of harm. For a plant, it's a great source of nourishment. The plant is as divine as the human. Fecal matter serves God just like everything else.

I think you're failing to grasp that God is not separate in my theology. We ARE God, or pieces of it. We're not riffraff, and the atmosphere is ours. If we're careless, we'll kill ourselves off and God will replace us. The choice is ours.

not usually we care about our cleaning because of the health, mostly to avoid bad smells from us, i don't eat onion, but the people who eats onion has bad mouth smell, so that they use to use Gum to change their mouth smell, it's not related to the health, also Muslims after peeing we clean our penis from the pee while christians for example don't, it's not related to the health, it's related to how much clean you want to be?

the atmosphere is ours and also piece of god (as you believe) right?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
not usually we care about our cleaning because of the health, mostly to avoid bad smells from us, i don't eat onion, but the people who eats onion has bad mouth smell, so that they use to use Gum to change their mouth smell, it's not related to the health, also Muslims after peeing we clean our penis from the pee while christians for example don't, it's not related to the health, it's related to how much clean you want to be?
LOL, I think God has bigger issues than bad breath.

the atmosphere is ours and also piece of god (as you believe) right?
It's all God. Us, the air, the plants....

islam abduallah

The very best parts of all the Holy books and philosphies say that exact thing, and I agree with it, all the silly outdated rules and regulations and ripping cash out of pockets can be ditched,
the universal golden rule can live forever.

Maybe thats the truth of religion.

where the quran or the bible said that?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
this is not an answer, the god is caring about anything?
It is an answer, just not the answer you wanted or expected. :)

We're within God. Within God, everything serves a purpose. I have no idea what's outside, or what God does with its time. Maybe God takes baths, I don't know.

ok, well so how the weak cells (us) could harm the god by polluting part of him
Well, we're not "big" enough to hurt God, at least not yet.

The World Mother (planetary entity) is another story, and I don't believe she'll allow us to kill her.

islam abduallah

It is an answer, just not the answer you wanted or expected. :)

We're within God. Within God, everything serves a purpose. I have no idea what's outside, or what God does with its time. Maybe God takes baths, I don't know.

Well, we're not "big" enough to hurt God, at least not yet.

The World Mother (planetary entity) is another story, and I don't believe she'll allow us to kill her.

we already pollute part of him, we already killing each other, so we are killing some cells of him
:eek: the world mother??, what do you mean by that also, is she the mother of god?

islam abduallah

Actually, if you were to study mythology and archetypes in general you will find that the same archetypes appear throughout all mythologies. Same basic types of stories and characters appear over and over again. Just slapping different names on the characters and different settings and cultural influences. The basic underlying flow of the stories are very much the same though.

Here, if you're honestly curious, are a few archetypes explained: Archetypes, Myths and Characters

You might also benefit from the book those were taken from: Amazon.com: The Hero with a Thousand Faces (Bollingen Series, No. 17) (9780691017846): Joseph Campbell: Books

There are more archetypes than what were listed on the first page. If you really learn what they are you can easily take them and find who those archetypes fit in any mythology/religion you find. Including yours. The experiences vary, but the flow is nearly all the same. that being the case...religions actually have more commonalities than differences. The differences arise from the cultural takes on the same underlying archetypal stories.

maybe the repeated names and stories prove that it;s from the same source, why you are looking to it from one point of view and ignoring the other one

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
we already pollute part of him, we already killing each other, so we are killing some cells of him
Sad but true. Luckily, God can take it. All part of the system.

:eek: the world mother??, what do you mean by that also, is she the mother of god?
LOL, no. You never heard of planetary entity?

The World Mother is our planet, a bigger piece of God. Like an organ as opposed to a cell. She's part of God, we're part of her. It's all very fractal.

islam abduallah

Sad but true. Luckily, God can take it. All part of the system.

LOL, no. You never heard of planetary entity?

The World Mother is our planet, a bigger piece of God. Like an organ as opposed to a cell. She's part of God, we're part of her. It's all very fractal.
could i ask you a question, it seems as a naive question, but from where you get that belief?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
hahaha, forgive me it would take sometimes to solve that, i was doing that long time ago :)

i disagree and agree with you, yes religions are different of seeking the god the creator of that universe, but they are not serving that equally, let me tell you something, christians say that the Jesus is the god, so they worship the jesus while Muslims and jews said that he's not a god, and we don't worship him, so if the jesus is a god really that means that both muslims and jews are wrong and so islam and judhism and if not that means christianity is a false a religion, so religion really are different ways of seeking a god but only one of them which will guide you to the real god who is the creator of that universe, do u get my point
No it doesn't. It merely suggests that different people have different ways of conceptualizing Deity.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
could i ask you a question, it seems as a naive question, but from where you get that belief?
That's a very long story!

Short answer: when I was very young, I had a life-changing theophany accompanied by a miracle. I've been trying to understand it ever since, and my current beliefs are my best guess.

CaptainBritain

really it took sometime to read your post and it's attached links, but i like it, it's too interested

yes, agree the man who doesn't read or write can be smart and really i consider Mohamed was a genius, not only for his military victories but also in how he invites people to islam, how he owns their hearts and minds?, how till now 1.5 billions follow his path? surly the god made him as a genius, but that not mean that he was a scientific, economic man, author of the quran, no he had the enough skills that allow him to be the last messenger from the god,

yes, Mohamed worked as merchant for a period but it wasn't only his only profession, but it doesn't matter
:no: mohamed hadn't travelled to more places as you claimed, just to some few places of sham, all of them was before the prophecy

related to the video of Yemen, this video isn't more than a lie, i'll prove that to u, i had told u that quran was writing during the prophet era but it wasn't gathered in one book till abu bakr becomes the caliph, and then uthman distributed it to all of the nations, do u know when uthman had been died? he was killed at 655 while the video said that this copy of quran is the oldest one and it was from after 705 to 715 i.e. after the death of the prophet by 70 years, "this is what the video said", don't u feel lieing now, uthman has died at 655 while this copy was written at 705???? this is the first lie
second lie, it said that the quran was written without dots, and that makes the word has more than 30 meaning?, what a lie!!!, indeed no, that's totally wrong, arab didn't use the dots before the quran, all of their poems and writings before the islam was without dots and they could understand it easily, also without dots the word will not have 30 meanings, never most of the words is uniques in shape, only too little words which could be 2 possible words without dots, it can't be more than 2 and mostly it leads to the same meaning and the prophet had recite the quran by the 2 possible words (if the word have 2 words without dots), and all of these words are known, and we use them normally, it's known even to the child, that u can read this word by 2 forms but it leads to the same meaning and also the prophet recite the quran by both words, so the video doesn't present something new except the 2 lies
i hope that i was clear, i know my english isn't so good, if u don't catch something about it, let me know
:no: not usually the new information is right and the old is wrong, i gave u an example which the world still heisitated about it, who's responsible of the gender of the baby, the man or the woman, at the first they claim it's the women, then it's the man, now they return back to say it's the woman, so what would you trust in?

regarding that link of islam watch i read it already, also it's not more than a misusing and distorting of the quranic verses, but i have to go now, and i'll write my reply to u soon

keep well

i agree with you that i have to give to you the reason to convince you to be a muslim, you are right at that, anyway i wasn't intended to keep replying for a long time, i should show why i'm a Muslim?

The facts according to the life of your prophet were he met a Nestorian monk who predicted he would be great yes?, he married a catholic woman yes?, to say he had no contact with outsiders would be wrong, as a merchant the world would come to him, no airfrieght all goods came in on baggage trains and out as such on beasts of burden like camels etc, ample opportunity to mix with outsiders, out of interest what were his other occupations?

Uthman died in 655 yes but if you do not have a copy of the quran dated before 705 you cant claim to know what was written it, the Yemen copy IS the oldest surviving copy of the Quran in the World unless you can direct me to a known surviving copy that pre-dates this?

Saying its lies without physical evidence is just words.

The oldest known document that survives today of Arabic dots is dated to 643 Ad

Arabic Alphabet - Alphabet Arabic

its mentioned half way down in the link above,

thats the oldest document we have but the dots predate the document AND Uthman,

The dots evolved, simple to start and what you know now.

so thats lie number two dealt with.

therefore the scholars verdict on the Yemen Quran still stands.

Qur'anic Language and Grammatical Mistakes

above is a link which details how meanings get lost.

best to look up the Arabic unicode for further clarity.

Unless you have an earlier copy of the Quran that we can read than the Yemen one, you can not prove what was written in it matches your modern day Qurans.

You can claim it but like I said, claims without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Draka

Wonder Woman
maybe the repeated names and stories prove that it;s from the same source, why you are looking to it from one point of view and ignoring the other one

Excuse me? But by insisting that your particular mythology is somehow any "truer" than any other you are the one only looking from one point of view and not any other. Your mythology is just as much myth as any other. And yes, they may well come from the same "source" as you say. Whether that source be the Collective Unconscious or a more Divine spark it doesn't mean that any mythology is verifiable and actual literal fact. Merely clues to the whole.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
If the religion has a Holy book, thats my first alarm bell that is false.
Why? Every religion has traditions. In oral cultures, they're told. In literate cultures, they're written.