• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

islam abduallah

That's a very long story!

Short answer: when I was very young, I had a life-changing theophany accompanied by a miracle. I've been trying to understand it ever since, and my current beliefs are my best guess.

thanks for your honesty, i think it would be better to read the quran and for any help, you can ask me, i'll try to do my best, begin since today,

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
thanks for your honesty, i think it would be better to read the quran and for any help, you can ask me, i'll try to do my best, begin since today,
I mean to, but I doubt it will change anything. Why should I take Muhammad's experience over my own?

If God wants me to be Muslim, He can tell my Himself. I'll listen.

CaptainBritain

The thing is I should read the Quran and be left in no doubt that its inspired of God, it should be a work that could have no competitors for those competitors were written by men, and honestly the Quran does not stand out, its as weak and conflicted and poorly maintained as any other holy book, hence my reasons that if there is a God he is not an author imho,

Why write a book so easily torn apart through time?

If all our prayers reach God, he should be able to send a message back,
if we are faulty creations to do so then I blame a faulty creator.

BruceDLimber

The religions of today in one way or another contradict each other.

Not when properly viewed, no!

When seen in their proper perspective and context, they form a unified whole!

I quote the Baha'i scriptures:

"There can be no doubt whatever that the peoples of the world, of whatever race or religion, derive their inspiration from one heavenly Source, and are the subjects of one God. The difference between the ordinances under which they abide should be attributed to the varying requirements and exigencies of the age in which they were revealed. All of them, except a few which are the outcome of human perversity, were ordained of God, and are a reflection of His Will and Purpose. Arise and, armed with the power of faith, shatter to pieces the gods of your vain imaginings, the sowers of dissension amongst you. Cleave unto that which draweth you together and uniteth you."

—(The Proclamation of Baha'u'llah, p. 114;
also Gleanings, CXI, pp. 217-8)

Best! :)

Bruce

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
The problem for me with scriptures is they were written by Humans,there are many Humans who have written truly great literature on all subjects,Humans are quite capable of writing a totally believable pack of lies and thats where scripture falls down IMO,there isn't any proof the Author is anything other than Human.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
i don't know much about hinduism nor sikhism, could you tell me how skhism made that combination?

It's just something I heard; I'm not that familiar with Sikhism myself.

From what I understand, Sikhism is monotheistic and rejects image-worship and rituals like Islam does, but holds similar dharmic ideals and teachings as Hinduism, as well as using Sanskrit terminology.

Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami, in an appendix about the world's major religions in his book, Dancing With Siva, wrote this about Sikhism:

"As a result of Islam's struggle with Hindu religion and culture, leaders sought a reconciliation between the two faiths, a middle path that embraces both. Sikhism... united Hindu bhakti and Sufi mysticism most successfully."

surly i'm not agreed with your definition of how to mix between 2 religions, you know why?, the core or the basic of each religion is totally different, i can say that islam and judhism appeared as 2 close religions but if you think for a while about the prophecy of Mohamed, you will find that you can't gather between the 2 religions as muslims consider denying the prophecy of mohamed is destroying the religion itself., so you can't gather between both
:confused: Isn't the core element of most theistic religions love and devotion to God, with everything else just supplements? Doesn't the word "Islam" simply mean "submission"? I've only read bits of the Qur'an, but from what I've read, it seems like an attempt to move out of the sort of "club" mentality of religion and just focus on loving devotion to God. This is the final teaching of all the theistic religions that I'm aware of.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
well that you will read the translation of the quran, even if it's translation but i think you will feel that it's the word of god

I've felt it when reading parts of the Qur'an, so parts of it may be authentic. (Though that could also just be the power behind Yusuf Ali's translation; it's QUITE beautiful. I love the Al Fatihah prayer.) However, I'm afraid that other parts simply don't work.

Besides, I've felt it when reading my holy books, too, some of which aren't even attributed to God. Sri Ramacaritamanasa comes to mind.

Last edited:

ellenjanuary

I've felt it when reading parts of the Qur'an, so parts of it may be authentic. However, I'm afraid that other parts simply don't work.

Besides, I've felt it when reading my holy books, too, some of which aren't even attributed to God. Sri Ramacaritamanasa comes to mind.

The way I see it, it shows the evolution of the office of prophet. Some parts of the Koran read like Source, while others read like Agenda applied to Source for the immediate benefit of Mohammed and his culture - which is not to say Allah wanted it any other way. The thing you gotta understand about god - is that there ain't no understanding no god. The prophet has got a tough row to hoe.

But the right religion, the true religion, is the one that works best for the individual - regardless of what the spin doctors say. "Church" =/= "God."

Riverwolf

Premium Member
The way I see it, it shows the evolution of the office of prophet. Some parts of the Koran read like Source, while others read like Agenda applied to Source for the immediate benefit of Mohammed and his culture - which is not to say Allah wanted it any other way. The thing you gotta understand about god - is that there ain't no understanding no god.

Thus have all the Sages affirmed. :yes:

islam abduallah

No it doesn't. It merely suggests that different people have different ways of conceptualizing Deity.

right, people have different ways of conceptualizing Deity, but wrong also, as the god is only one, he's jesus or allah, or.........
so only one religion is the true in the god's eyes

islam abduallah

The facts according to the life of your prophet were he met a Nestorian monk who predicted he would be great yes?, he married a catholic woman yes?, to say he had no contact with outsiders would be wrong, as a merchant the world would come to him, no airfrieght all goods came in on baggage trains and out as such on beasts of burden like camels etc, ample opportunity to mix with outsiders, out of interest what were his other occupations?

Uthman died in 655 yes but if you do not have a copy of the quran dated before 705 you cant claim to know what was written it, the Yemen copy IS the oldest surviving copy of the Quran in the World unless you can direct me to a known surviving copy that pre-dates this?

Saying its lies without physical evidence is just words.

The oldest known document that survives today of Arabic dots is dated to 643 Ad

Arabic Alphabet - Alphabet Arabic

its mentioned half way down in the link above,

thats the oldest document we have but the dots predate the document AND Uthman,

The dots evolved, simple to start and what you know now.

so thats lie number two dealt with.

therefore the scholars verdict on the Yemen Quran still stands.

Qur'anic Language and Grammatical Mistakes

above is a link which details how meanings get lost.

best to look up the Arabic unicode for further clarity.

Unless you have an earlier copy of the Quran that we can read than the Yemen one, you can not prove what was written in it matches your modern day Qurans.

You can claim it but like I said, claims without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
:no: the monk didn't predict that Mohamed would be great only, he predicts that mohamed would be the last prophet, also this story are not 100% proven
:eek: no the prophet didn't marry ab catholic woman,
yes there are copies of uthman's quran, but you don't want to look for the truth, you build a certain belief and begin to look for evidence supports that belief,
here is the link "it's wikipedia notan islamic website Uthman Qur'an - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :)

now what will you say? :)

islam abduallah

Excuse me? But by insisting that your particular mythology is somehow any "truer" than any other you are the one only looking from one point of view and not any other. Your mythology is just as much myth as any other. And yes, they may well come from the same "source" as you say. Whether that source be the Collective Unconscious or a more Divine spark it doesn't mean that any mythology is verifiable and actual literal fact. Merely clues to the whole.

in your opinion how to judge? :)

islam abduallah

I mean to, but I doubt it will change anything. Why should I take Muhammad's experience over my own?

If God wants me to be Muslim, He can tell my Himself. I'll listen.

Quran isn't prophet Mohamed experience, :) just try it and judge fairly and neutrally, and if you find something seems as a contradiction ask a Muslim how do you understand that?

maybe the god is telling you now to be a muslim :)

god bless you

chinu

chinu
thanks for the story, the god already did that, he provides the prophets with miracles to show it to the human there but also the people there said it's magic, not all people believe by physical miracles

The time will come for them, to believe such things. ;) So till then --- Oh! Souls (Sisters) enjoy your different births one after the another on the earth here. :)

_/\_
Chinu

islam abduallah

The problem for me with scriptures is they were written by Humans,there are many Humans who have written truly great literature on all subjects,Humans are quite capable of writing a totally believable pack of lies and thats where scripture falls down IMO,there isn't any proof the Author is anything other than Human.
:no: there's proofs, i'll mention it later, but he's still human but sent from the creator