• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
That would be the one that, after having explored all the others, is the one that's left.
haha. I like that.

and back to the OP.
why not each of us practice what we are accostumed to for a change, perhaps even do it for a day.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Let me ask you this abdullah. looking at our television screens in the last couple of months, watching the events which take place in your nation and in neighbouring nations.
nations in which Islam is the practiced religion. which motivation can you offer us or should we find to convert to Islam?
especially as we follow the unfolding events in your region? when we follow the events coming from Saudi Arabia in the last years, or Iran?
What can Islam offer us on real physical social issues and concerns?
beyond non secular hopes of afterlife and other fables that are unrelated to the debates of today?

Last edited:

FlyingTeaPot

Irrational Rationalist. Educated Fool.
YES, they are but i was muslim only by name not follow the islam till 18 when i read the quran till i satisifed by it then i follow the islam totally, do you get my point?

I do. But did you also read the Bible, the Bhagavad Gita, the book of Mormons and so on and finally decide that Islam was the right religion for you? What objective study did you do to make sure Islam was right for you?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
no Allah not means god, god means in arabic Elah, Allah is the name of god of Abraham, issac, jacob, jesus, and mohamed peace up on all, is it clearnow?,

I hope you will not take this the wrong way, but please do yourself a favor and look at the hebrew bible. You cannot learn about the God of the bible by only looking at the Quran.

I could direct you to many of the hebrew scriptures where the name of God appears and it is not Allah.

If you ever feel inclined to investigate, LOOK HERE AT THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES, for verification of what I am saying. Gods name is YHWH or in hebrew it is written יהוה Go down to the last verse and you will find it.
They are the 4 hebrew letters written thousands of times in the hebrew holy book when identifying God by his personal name. The God of Abraham.

the hebrew interlinear bible gives you the hebrew script, and english equivalent.

islam abduallah

I do. But did you also read the Bible, the Bhagavad Gita, the book of Mormons and so on and finally decide that Islam was the right religion for you? What objective study did you do to make sure Islam was right for you?

yes, i read, and i read it honestly in a too fair way, to judge is christianity better orislam, believe me i did since 10 years, also i watched many debates between Muslims and christians to judge fairly

FlyingTeaPot

yes, i read, and i read it honestly in a too fair way, to judge is christianity better orislam, believe me i did since 10 years, also i watched many debates between Muslims and christians to judge fairly

I see. What about Hinduism and Buddism and Jainism and so on?

islam abduallah

I hope you will not take this the wrong way, but please do yourself a favor and look at the hebrew bible. You cannot learn about the God of the bible by only looking at the Quran.

I could direct you to many of the hebrew scriptures where the name of God appears and it is not Allah.

If you ever feel inclined to investigate, LOOK HERE AT THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES, for verification of what I am saying. Gods name is YHWH or in hebrew it is written יהוה Go down to the last verse and you will find it.
They are the 4 hebrew letters written thousands of times in the hebrew holy book when identifying God by his personal name. The God of Abraham.

the hebrew interlinear bible gives you the hebrew script, and english equivalent.

i didn't study hebrew but i hope i could one day, did you? but the word god not equivalent to allah, as allah is the name of creator,
but i had studied the bible and i claim that more than most of the christians who i met, but could you confirm to me that thebible is theword of god, whichisn't distorted and kept clean from errors?, i can prove the contrain too easily :)

islam abduallah

I see. What about Hinduism and Buddism and Jainism and so on?

buddhism isn't a religion, it's philosiphical way, and buddhists do wrong when they are worshipping man like them, who can't do anything for them,
Hinduism really i can't worship a cow or rate or something like that, all of that doesn't make sense with me at all

jelly

what about the extra terrestrials and their religion?... have you done any research into extra terrestrials and their religions?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
i didn't study hebrew but i hope i could one day, did you?
I have taken a course in biblical hebrew, which is slightly different to the hebrew spoken today.
but the word god not equivalent to allah, as allah is the name of creator,
I know that is what muslim teachers say... but the reality is that the tetragrammaton is the Hebrew name of God. It is not a title, but a name which is personal to God. Like Muhammad's name is not 'Prophet'... it is Muhammad. God is a descriptive word like Prophet is a descriptive word.

but i had studied the bible and i claim that more than most of the christians who i met, but could you confirm to me that thebible is theword of god, whichisn't distorted and kept clean from errors?, i can prove the contrain too easily :)

Yes I believe I can. If you want to discuss it, probably start a new thread.

FlyingTeaPot

buddhism isn't a religion, it's philosiphical way, and buddhists do wrong when they are worshipping man like them, who can't do anything for them,
Hinduism really i can't worship a cow or rate or something like that, all of that doesn't make sense with me at all

It doesn't seem to me that you understand Hinduism very much. Are you sure you didn't make up your mind that Islam was the true religion and THEN read the other books to confirm to yourself that Islam was the true religion? Your perspective seems a little biased and not very objective. How did you choose Islam if you haven't really understood other religions? How do you know your religion is the true one and all the others are not?

islam abduallah

I have taken a course in biblical hebrew, which is slightly different to the hebrew spoken today.

I know that is what muslim teachers say... but the reality is that the tetragrammaton is the Hebrew name of God. It is not a title, but a name which is personal to God. Like Muhammad's name is not 'Prophet'... it is Muhammad. God is a descriptive word like Prophet is a descriptive word.

Yes I believe I can. If you want to discuss it, probably start a new thread.

you don't understand me, but any way i agree about your suggesstion to start another thread, what's your opinion to make it's title "is the bible the word of the right god"

but let's first agreed on the basis of the debate

1- don't tell me the copy of bible is wrongand the right in the hebrew copy is........ as i don't know how to read hebrew, i think the people who translate the bible knows hebrew well and so that they translate it
2- what will you do if i prove the errors to you? will you leave your religion "i'm not talking to be a muslim" just to leave your religion and look for another better one?
what's your opinion

islam abduallah

It doesn't seem to me that you understand Hinduism very much. Are you sure you didn't make up your mind that Islam was the true religion and THEN read the other books to confirm to yourself that Islam was the true religion? Your perspective seems a little biased and not very objective. How did you choose Islam if you haven't really understood other religions? How do you know your religion is the true one and all the others are not?

how worshippin a cow makes sense with me? could you make it sensible to me?

also you are offending me that i don't read about all the other religion, did you read one chapter from the quran?