• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the right religion

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
OK guys. Simmer it down.

Everyone knows my religion is the right one. Just face the truth and move along.

Here is my Holy Book.

4125b4zvxhl_ss500_.jpg

This could be an interesting secondary religion. Where do I sign up?

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
You could sign up by practicing firearms at a local gun range. Let the pattern of holes in your target be thine signature!

Praise Smith and his prophet Wesson! As it says on Page 6 of the NRA Handbook, "Smith gave the Texans the high-powered bolt-action rifle so they could kill off the dinosaurs. And so it was."

garrydons

With all due respect to the Admin of this forum, I would like to recommend to remove all non sense answers made on this forum. Religion is a very serious matter. It is a matter of life and death. At least for my own understanding.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
I have seen no evidence that other religions can do this. Do you have any evidence to support your theory?
Why does your religion have so many addicts?

Seems that the ratio is unusually high, compared, say, to mine.

Perhaps your religion simply attracts very flawed characters? Be stronger.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
With all due respect to the Admin of this forum, I would like to recommend to remove all non sense answers made on this forum. Religion is a very serious matter. It is a matter of life and death. At least for my own understanding.

and for others religion is nothing more than a life choice.

Muffled

Jesus in me
To: dyanaprajna2011. May I quote "There is only the right religion that is right for you, which may not be right for the next guy".

My question is then who is right? Are everybody right? Is this sound reasoning? If this is our logic, then there is no right and wrong.

To: Muffled. "The right religion is whatever God wants it to be".

But it seems every religion defers in what the God they believe wants. But still they are all right?

Al religions defer to what God wanted at one particular time ie He left a word for them to follow but Christianity has the ever present Spirit of God availabe defining right as the need arises.

A person is not right unless he is right with God. A religion that is right for a person's ego is not necessarily a religion right with God.

I'll give aneample. I like churches that have a nice rock band and charismatic practices. However I am not going to a church like that because God has deemed it best for me to go to a different church for now.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Why does your religion have so many addicts?

Seems that the ratio is unusually high, compared, say, to mine.

Perhaps your religion simply attracts very flawed characters? Be stronger.

It makes sense for a sick person to go to a hospital when the doctor has done all he can. That is why there are so many sick people in a hospital.

As Jesus said you will probably refer to an old saying "physician heal thyself." The whole object of having a higher power is to have Him do what I can't do.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
It makes sense for a sick person to go to a hospital when the doctor has done all he can. That is why there are so many sick people in a hospital.

As Jesus said you will probably refer to an old saying "physician heal thyself." The whole object of having a higher power is to have Him do what I can't do.

Shame it hasn't been done then,theres plenty of sick people in the world both pysically and mentally.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious

I agree 100%. I demand respect and reverence for Zombiedom. People must read the Handbook on protecting themselves from Zombies. It's a matter of life and death.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong

It's better to simply be healthy. People in the hospital were unable to remain healthy. It's not something to brag about.

Also, I would point out you mention the physician addage out of context; allowing Jesus to help you get over an addiction which other people can get over themselves, is essentially saying 'physician, you cannot heal yourself, you need a chief of pediatrics to heal you.. even though you're a doctor'.

Muffled

Jesus in me
It's better to simply be healthy. People in the hospital were unable to remain healthy. It's not something to brag about.

Also, I would point out you mention the physician addage out of context; allowing Jesus to help you get over an addiction which other people can get over themselves, is essentially saying 'physician, you cannot heal yourself, you need a chief of pediatrics to heal you.. even though you're a doctor'.

Of course it is but the reality is that sin is spiritual unhealthiness and everyone has it to some degree. The person saying that he doesn't need church is like a person saying he doesn't need a doctor. It is a recipe for disaster along the lines of someone thinking he doesn't need to obey the rules of the road.

That is relative. Some people can handle getting out of addictions better than others but be terrible at preserving personal relationships. The reality is that there isn't a person who doesn't need some kind of help. Then there are those who think they can handle their addiction and end up dead because they were just deceiving themselves.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Shame it hasn't been done then,theres plenty of sick people in the world both pysically and mentally.

It is even worse because the physical healing can be done in a church whereas physicians are rarely able to heal people but the churches don't have enough healers.

It is even worse for the mental because there are few in the church or outside it that understand well what is needed.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
Of course it is but the reality is that sin is spiritual unhealthiness and everyone has it to some degree. The person saying that he doesn't need church is like a person saying he doesn't need a doctor. It is a recipe for disaster along the lines of someone thinking he doesn't need to obey the rules of the road.

No, that's really not reality at all.
The reality is you are part of a system which you believe everyone needs. As I pointed out it appeals to addicts, as shown by your example. You want everyone else to be an addict, too, because that lessens the onus of your own addiction. By spreading the responsibility to everyone, it dilutes how bad it is, for you personally; 'everyone does it!'

No, really, we don't.

That is relative. Some people can handle getting out of addictions better than others but be terrible at preserving personal relationships. The reality is that there isn't a person who doesn't need some kind of help. Then there are those who think they can handle their addiction and end up dead because they were just deceiving themselves.
And some people do all of these things well.
I don't need any help.
I certainly don't need this kind of help.

The reality is, you're an addict. You gave up some drug, for Jesus-drug.

I have never been an addict.

If you don't like the fact that I'm strong, and you're weak, then grow stronger. Don't expect me to weaken myself to make us even.

Muffled

Jesus in me
No, that's really not reality at all.
The reality is you are part of a system which you believe everyone needs. As I pointed out it appeals to addicts, as shown by your example. You want everyone else to be an addict, too, because that lessens the onus of your own addiction. By spreading the responsibility to everyone, it dilutes how bad it is, for you personally; 'everyone does it!'

No, really, we don't.

And some people do all of these things well.
I don't need any help.
I certainly don't need this kind of help.

The reality is, you're an addict. You gave up some drug, for Jesus-drug.

I have never been an addict.

If you don't like the fact that I'm strong, and you're weak, then grow stronger. Don't expect me to weaken myself to make us even.

It is amazing how you think you can determine for me what I want. I do not want people to be addicts. I am not comparing myself to other people. In Jesus there is no more onus for me.

I don't believe this to be true. Each person is responsible for his own behavior. I can't make anyone more responsible than he already is.

In that case you would be perfect but God has made it clear that no-one is.

I suppose that you are speaking metaphorically. Yes. I gave up sin by obtaining a savior from sin.

I don't mind a bit if you perceive yourself as stronger because I am not comparing myself to you. Now that I have jesus I am as strong as I need to be. You think you are but you are only deceiving yourself.

Heathen Hammer

Nope, you're still wrong
It is amazing how you think you can determine for me what I want. I do not want people to be addicts. I am not comparing myself to other people. In Jesus there is no more onus for me.

I don't believe this to be true. Each person is responsible for his own behavior. I can't make anyone more responsible than he already is.

In that case you would be perfect but God has made it clear that no-one is.

I suppose that you are speaking metaphorically. Yes. I gave up sin by obtaining a savior from sin.

I don't mind a bit if you perceive yourself as stronger because I am not comparing myself to you. Now that I have jesus I am as strong as I need to be. You think you are but you are only deceiving yourself.

Answering in order, as I don't do colors:

It's not that you want everyone to be an addict, it's that you want YOUR addiction to be not as bad and as weak, as it was. If there are many addicts, you're not that unusual. It is nonetheless a psychological activity that, for you, dilutes your own responsibility.

Stop. Im not perfect. Im simply better. Much better. Quit your lame perfection fallacy. And, what the God of Addicts claims means no nevermind to me.

No, Im NOT speaking metaphorically. For you, Jesus is the drug that takes over your life in exchange for whatever chemical drug you gave up. It's still just as consuming and deleterious to you, you simply have moved on to a new favorite. You didnt give up sin at all. You keep sinning. But then again, 'sin' is an illusion you describe to yourself in order to ignore that it's just weakness. Sin puts you in a fairy tale where the creator of the entire universe cares what you personally do and think. It's just another drug haze.

No, with obvious evidence I AM stronger. I have never fallen prey to your weaknesses. You wish it that I am equal to you, and self-deluded on top of that, so that somehow you can eek some modicum of superiority out of your miserable life. You are the one deceiving yourself.
But let's face more facts: at some point this will be deleted to protect you.

Last edited:
there r many religion in the world, but surly there r only one right religion, but how could we reach the right believe, the right path? :)

The right religion for you is the one that makes you feel good and what meets up best with your belief system. Why else would there be so many religions claiming to be right?
For me, Christianity wasn't it. Though Buddhism might be. Or maybe nothing at all. I'm not stressed to figure it out quickly so whatever comes comes.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Answering in order, as I don't do colors:

It's not that you want everyone to be an addict, it's that you want YOUR addiction to be not as bad and as weak, as it was. If there are many addicts, you're not that unusual. It is nonetheless a psychological activity that, for you, dilutes your own responsibility.

Stop. Im not perfect. Im simply better. Much better. Quit your lame perfection fallacy. And, what the God of Addicts claims means no nevermind to me.

No, Im NOT speaking metaphorically. For you, Jesus is the drug that takes over your life in exchange for whatever chemical drug you gave up. It's still just as consuming and deleterious to you, you simply have moved on to a new favorite. You didnt give up sin at all. You keep sinning. But then again, 'sin' is an illusion you describe to yourself in order to ignore that it's just weakness. Sin puts you in a fairy tale where the creator of the entire universe cares what you personally do and think. It's just another drug haze.

No, with obvious evidence I AM stronger. I have never fallen prey to your weaknesses. You wish it that I am equal to you, and self-deluded on top of that, so that somehow you can eek some modicum of superiority out of your miserable life. You are the one deceiving yourself.
But let's face more facts: at some point this will be deleted to protect you.

As Ecclesiastes says there is a time for everything. There is a time to learn responsibiity and there is a time to relinquish responsibiliy to fulfill righteousness. However to take up responsibility, I also have to accept the fact that I will fail and as a rsult that I will die. For that I will need to take up my cross. However perhaps it is enough to endure the evil of others.

I don't think deletion is necessary. You can spout inanities but there isn't any chance that I believe them.