• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The sick concept of Eternal hell suffering.

Espically if the bait is filtered through the bible. The use of the bible for anything but salvation is contridiction and blindness. The bible is a book about how we all have a destiny with God, certain religious believers are making it a sadistic book on torture and the slaughter of unbelieving sinners. They think Jesus was beaten to death in order that those who reject God may be beaten for eternity.

Holding no real concept of Gods grace, they pervert the purpose of the Prince of Peace.

Peace.

Where is your evidence for this claim?

The Bible does claim that there is a hell for those who deserve it!

Oh the doctrine of eternal punishing is essential to many christian religions, but not knowing what you are aware of, perhaps those groups you have had exposure to, it may be a small part of their doctrine. But central or not, its insanity, perhaps to some just not a central insanity. I do not claim to hold a 100% accurate view of scripture, I need to learn a lot.

But one thing I have learned, is not to listen to Christianity for the truth, but to listen to Gods word.

Peace.

You say you don't believe in eternal suffering but can you explain what will happen to the people of Soddom and Gomorrah when judgment day comes?

mickiel

Where do you find evidence to show that Christians have ruined Gods reputation?quote

I got my evidence from the doctrines of Christianity itself, and from my study of the bible. Eternal hell Torture is a Christian doctrine, as is the Trinity, as is The condemnation of Atheist and Gays, and many other doctrines which in my view, cast the wrong interpitation as to how God is.

Where did you come up with your standards for what your "god" should be ?

From the bible, mainly Gal. 5:22-23, these are the Standards of how I view Gods Characther.

Peace.

You are the evidence. How you think and view the punishment of unbelievers.

Peace.

I see people getting the judgement they deserve for what they did on earth. I know that I personally deserve hell but I have asked forgiveness and know that Christ paid for my sins. We are not the judges who set down the law God is.

mickiel

The verses you use are what we as humans are to show to non-christians not the actual attributes of God. Where do you find that these are Gods attributes?

These are ways of being that are ONLY produced by the Holy Spirit, and they are Gods actual ways himself. God is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness and Self Control. Humans can't be this way unless God makes them that way.

These are the ways and means of God, he thinks based on these, Judges based on these, ALL he plans and excutes is based on these.

Peace.

mickiel

I see people getting the judgement they deserve for what they did on earth. I know that I personally deserve hell but I have asked forgiveness and know that Christ paid for my sins. We are not the judges who set down the law God is.

Christ has paied for all the sins of the people who YOU don't think he has.

Peace.

Danmac

Christ has paied for all the sins of the people who YOU don't think he has.

Peace.

"If" you receive the payment. Some people reject the free gift. You "must" receive it willingly for it to take effect. Read the rest of your Bible and stop cherry picking.

Misty

The evil God character in the Bbile is hopefully a purely a human construct and has nothing to do with the real deity, if it exists.

mickiel

The evil God character in the Bbile is hopefully a purely a human construct and has nothing to do with the real deity, if it exists.

There is evil Misty, and I think its powerful.

But there is good also, and in the final outcome of things, I think good will prevail and we all will benefit from that good. There are those who believe that if a person rejects the good, then evil should be the resluting consequence of that. I think those who reject the good, should be the most important benefactors of the good.

And I think thats how God thinks.

Peace.

Misty

And I think thats how God thinks.

That is how you would like God to think, without any data to back up how he thinks.

mickiel

No you haven't, you only have the Bible which isn't data only the assumptions of the authors!

Well I disagree with you on that. I'll give a short list of references that I have which help me to understand how God thinks;

My Consciousness.
Science.
Nature.
The Universe.
Animals.
Humans.
Lightning.
Memory.
Romance.
Relationships.
Fear.
Joy.
The Darkness.
Evil.

All these things have taught me how God thinks. I can either expound on any of these you so choose, or I can continue the list.

What is your pleasure?

Peace.

Misty

Well I disagree with you on that. I'll give a short list of references that I have which help me to understand how God thinks;

My Consciousness.
Science.
Nature.
The Universe.
Animals.
Humans.
Lightning.
Memory.
Romance.
Relationships.
Fear.
Joy.
The Darkness.
Evil.

All these things have taught me how God thinks. I can either expound on any of these you so choose, or I can continue the list.

What is your pleasure?

Peace.

But those are your thoughts on thoses topic to which you are entitled, there is no data which proves the deity actually exists.

mickiel

But those are your thoughts on thoses topic to which you are entitled, there is no data which proves the deity actually exists.

I disagree. Its just no data that you can see and accept. For example, in my view, design is proof of a designer, the complexity of that design is further proof of a complex designer, and this is how we come up with data. And the stronger the data, the stronger the proof. And if the data has irreducible Complexity, it can be no stronger than that. There are living organism which cannot be reduced in their complexity, meaning they were designed that way and that design cannot be replicated because its too complex. This is " Data", and using this data, we can use ANY animal, any human, any parts of their bodys to prove God as the designer.

And anythingelse. I don't need the bible to prove God.

Peace.

mickiel

The sick concept of eternal hell suffering is like a needle stuck into the Consciousness of humanity. Its just there, telling you that you are not going to make it unless you conform to religions concept of God. Its a real pain, and a constant one in our thoughts.

And I want to go into how to rid yourself of such foolishness.

Peace.

The sick concept of eternal hell suffering is like a needle stuck into the Consciousness of humanity. Its just there, telling you that you are not going to make it unless you conform to religions concept of God. Its a real pain, and a constant one in our thoughts.

And I want to go into how to rid yourself of such foolishness.

Peace.

I 100% agree with what you have said here. With that being said, how do we rid oneself of that foolishness in your view?