• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The sick concept of Eternal hell suffering.

mickiel

Our opinions do not modify truth and error.

Well no they don't, if they are uniquely our own, but God is interested in human opinion, I know that for a fact. And when human opinion is being inspired by God, that certainly will modify the truth in that humans mind, and then in that case, it does modify truth and error.

Peace.

Danmac

Well no they don't, if they are uniquely our own, but God is interested in human opinion, I know that for a fact. And when human opinion is being inspired by God, that certainly will modify the truth in that humans mind, and then in that case, it does modify truth and error.

Peace.

So lets say that a person formed a sincere opinion that they could put their hand in fire, and not be burned. Would their opinion modify the heat so that they wouldn't get burned?

mickiel

So lets say that a person formed a sincere opinion that they could put their hand in fire, and not be burned. Would their opinion modify the heat so that they wouldn't get burned?

If God was behind it, yes. One of his prophets was once thrown into fire, and he was not burned. If I were him, that certainly would have modified my opinions of God.

Peace.

Danmac

If God was behind it, yes. One of his prophets was once thrown into fire, and he was not burned. If I were him, that certainly would have modified my opinions of God.

Peace.

They didn't have an opinion of whether or not they would be burned. They didn't know.

mickiel

To state that God is not interested in human opinion, and that our opinions don't count to him, is simply wrong. Its just showing a weak knowledge of God and how God really is. God created all animals, but then wanted Adams opinion on what to name them. He could have named them himself, but was interested in the mans opinions. He wanted Adam to name them, he " Brought the animals to Adam, " To see what he would call them."

Thats definte intrest in human opinion, and God does not change.

He was that interested then, and he still is interested. God can at times be uninterested, oh for sure. Not all opinions interest him. But he is interested in his creation of humanity, in fact, thats his most important intrest as of now. Humanity is the center of his plans.

Peace.

Last edited:

Beta

I disagree, human opinion does count with God, he is interested in how we think.
He created us to think and have opinions, why would it then not matter to him?
Peace.
OK , so God is interested in your opinion. What do you think he is going to say and do when it does not tally with his own ? Say your time is up after writing your last post here and you are still holding to your own opinion ? How and when is he going to convince you are wrong ? (remember you have been stubborn and unrepentant for many years) :eek:
Can I draw your attention to Proverbs 3 v5 and 7.They tell us not to be wise in our own eyes nor to lean on our own understanding - in other words not to be ' self-opinionated '. So much for our own reasoning you set so much store by .

Last edited:

mickiel

OK , so God is interested in your opinion. What do you think he is going to say and do when it does not tally with his own ? Say your time is up after writing your last post here and you are still holding to your own opinion ? How and when is he going to convince you are wrong ? (remember you have been stubborn and unrepentant for many years) :eek:

I disagree with you and hold no intrest in your scenerios.

Peace.

mickiel

Of course you can write me off but one day you will stand before God. Your opinions won't matter then for we are judged by the Word of God only :yes:

If you were to be my judge, I would be afraid, but I am content in being judged by God and have no fear in that.

Peace.

Beta

To state that God is not interested in human opinion, and that our opinions don't count to him, is simply wrong. Its just showing a weak knowledge of God and how God really is. God created all animals, but then wanted Adams opinion on what to name them. He could have named them himself, but was interested in the mans opinions. He wanted Adam to name them, he " Brought the animals to Adam, " To see what he would call them."
Thats definte intrest in human opinion, and God does not change.
He was that interested then, and he still is interested. God can at times be uninterested, oh for sure. Not all opinions interest him. But he is interested in his creation of humanity, in fact, thats his most important intrest as of now. Humanity is the center of his plans.
Peace.
When God created the animals he asked Adam to name them - no big deal or matter of life and death. But this disagreement stems from your preferred OPINION that God has not worked much with people or that there is any proof of the existence of Firstfruits. They most certainly exist as mentioned in many scriptures and will never die out . But your opinions have not allowed this to be further explored and proven.
It is true that some human opinions interst God WHEN HE ASKS FOR THEM (as he did with Adam naming the animals) but when our views are not asked for they don't count. Most certainly not when we profess to judge God as to what he has done or is doing now (as in the case of Firstfruits). God did not ask for man's opinions on that yet YOU seem to count all-important .

Beta

If you were to be my judge, I would be afraid, but I am content in being judged by God and have no fear in that.

Peace.
I am not your Judge mick but we should fear
God's judgement when we are not in agreement with him.
Your attitude concerning the firstfruits is way off the mark.
They mean everything to God being the bride of the returning Christ.

mickiel

I am not your Judge mick but we should fear
God's judgement when we are not in agreement with him.
Your attitude concerning the firstfruits is way off the mark.
They mean everything to God being the bride of the returning Christ.

I hold the highest respect for the firstfruits, and believe complettely in them, their calling. I just disagree with your calender of them being present now. They are not yet called and chosen in this present day of ours in my view. Not today. I don't see them today, yet you do. So as I have stated, you see things differently than I. In my view of scripture, EVERYONE on earth will know and reconise the fristfruits of God, when HE sets them up. They will be like a light that CANNOT be hidden, and they will have the actual characther of Gods Spirit IN them. They will hold all the fruits of the Spirit.

There are no people like that on earth now.

None that I can see.

Peace.

Beta

mickiel , I am glad we agree to some extent.
But I never said or implied that they would have an appearance on the earth today in their glorified form. They could not since Christ has not returned yet and they are to be his bride Rev.19v7,8; But all the same God has worked with them throughout the ages to prepare them for the future and obviously some will be alive still at the return of Jesus. 1Cor.15v51,52; 1Thes.4v16,17;
I hope that clears up any misunderstanding.

mickiel

mickiel , I am glad we agree to some extent.
But I never said or implied that they would have an appearance on the earth today in their glorified form. .

Evasion. They are not here now in ANY form.

And if they are here now, show them to me.

And the rest of the world.

One note: They must fit the described definition of scripture. Now, show them.

Peace.

Beta

mickiel , the firstfruits are not recognized during their human lifetime because they look like you or me - ordinary people. But many of them are mentioned in the Faith-chapter Heb.11 and of course all who died IN CHRIST during the NT with some still alive at Christ's return as in mentioned scripture.
Can I give you an example ?
Everybody recognizes an expectant woman carrying an unborn child. These Babies already exist even if not seen by others. Likewise the firstfruits nourished and protected from harm in the true church. They are not seen or recognized until born of the spirit at the return of Christ.

mickiel

mickiel , the firstfruits are not recognized during their human lifetime because they look like you or me - ordinary people. But many of them are mentioned in the Faith-chapter Heb.11 and of course all who died IN CHRIST during the NT with some still alive at Christ's return as in mentioned scripture.
Can I give you an example ?
Everybody recognizes an expectant woman carrying an unborn child. These Babies already exist even if not seen by others. Likewise the firstfruits nourished and protected from harm in the true church. They are not seen or recognized until born of the spirit at the return of Christ.

Well I think you believe the firstfruits are here on earth now, as most believers do, because they think they themselves are the firstfruits of God, or " His Church." I don't see a true church of God on earth as of now. I believe that one day there will be, the bible is clear on that, but it is also clear that church will be like no other on earth, as will its people.

Theres no church standing out like that, its just not. Not that I am aware of. I will be happy to see Gods true annointed church, and would like to meet some of its people.

I don't believe its here yet.

Peace.