• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The sick concept of Eternal hell suffering.

mickiel

God has worked with enough Humans over the past 6000 years to make up the number of the ' Firstfruits ' those to be in the first resurrection at Christ's second coming. God is right on target with what he is doing ! No worries ! ;)

The majority of the firstfruits have not even been chosen as of yet, and I doubt if any of them live in this generation.

Peace.

Beta

The majority of the firstfruits have not even been chosen as of yet, and I doubt if any of them live in this generation.

Peace.
How true scripture !!!
It says he will come like a thief in the night - unheard and unseen by all who are spiritually asleep as most of this world. Mat.24v43, Rev.12v9. :eek:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
How true scripture !!!
It says he will come like a thief in the night - unheard and unseen by all who are spiritually asleep as most of this world. Mat.24v43, Rev.12v9. :eek:

This refers to the hour of your last breath.

The Lord gives..... the Lord takes away.

What happens to you after that depends on how you performed.

Love God.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Could I ask you to be a little more precise ?
That's a lot of scripture you expect me to read through :run:.

No space here for a complete re-write.....

I find the preamble to be the most important and interesting part.
Please allow my paraphrasing. It will help me get to the point somewhat quicker.

The Sons of God did gather and with them came the Devil.
( I notice.....more than one son of God )

God does ask..."What are You doing here?"
(directed to the devil)

"oh I just come and go as I damn well please"

"Well....have You considered the least of my servant Job?"
(this is a rub on the Devil's nose....as if to say....the presence of Job...the least of servants.... is preferred.)

The Devil recants....and makes a remark as if to imply the character of Job is less than it should be.

God recants again...and allows the Devil all manner of discretion against Job, short of killing the man.

Now picture yourself as Job.
You're about to have your *** kicked....thoroughly....
and by someone who really knows how to kick ***.
No warning.

And it was God that sent him your way....and is willing to stand back and do nothing.

The Sons of God are silent.

I started a thread under the topic the book of Job.
You now have what I wrote, and the method I use reading scripture.

Beta

I get my opinions from scripture. I just see it different than you do.

Peace.
Alright friend , we all seem to see things different from each other but if we have no scriptures to back up our opinions that is just what they are and don't really count with God nor do they make sense in the long run. :no:

Beta

No space here for a complete re-write.....

I find the preamble to be the most important and interesting part.
Please allow my paraphrasing. It will help me get to the point somewhat quicker.
........... .................... .......... ......... ...............
You now have what I wrote, and the method I use reading scripture.
I have carefully and with great sympathy read what happened to poor Job since God also allowed my ****** kicked....thoroughly.
But what has all that got to do with Jesus coming like a thief in the night ??? Have we not somehow lost the thread ??? :(

mickiel

Alright friend , we all seem to see things different from each other but if we have no scriptures to back up our opinions that is just what they are and don't really count with God nor do they make sense in the long run. :no:

They count with me.

Peace.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I have carefully and with great sympathy read what happened to poor Job since God also allowed my ****** kicked....thoroughly.
But what has all that got to do with Jesus coming like a thief in the night ??? Have we not somehow lost the thread ??? :(

Both situations have that quality of surprise...no warning.

Job was not cautioned. He was given no chance to prepare.
The preamble indicates a state of readiness is needed at all times.

Likewise...you do not know the hour of your last breath.
Your Lord might come knocking at your door...at any time.

Happy is the servant who doing the will of his Lord, when his Lord approaches.

As long as your are breathing you are at risk.
Do not drop your guard.

Beta

They count with me.

Peace.
My dear friend , I urge you to think again ! Our opinions do not count with God and that is what matters. We are judged according to the Word of God not our opinions. This applies to every single person myself included. We all have to have the truth (God) revealed to us and the 'biggy' is that we accept. This is hard since WE love to be right. We are tough nuts to crack and you yourself keep telling me that God will apply force. Am I being 'hard' on you now ? I don't want to be .... I'm a *****-cat at heart ! :)

Beta

Both situations have that quality of surprise...no warning.
........... ........ ......... ....
As long as your are breathing you are at risk.
Do not drop your guard.
I get you now friend looked at purely from a point of surprise !
But I would never have associated Jesus' return with Job since he could not prepare himself better beforehand,not having NT knowledge.
Job already did the best he could in his given situation ch.1v5. :yes:

mickiel

My dear friend , I urge you to think again ! Our opinions do not count with God and that is what matters. We are judged according to the Word of God not our opinions. This applies to every single person myself included. We all have to have the truth (God) revealed to us and the 'biggy' is that we accept. This is hard since WE love to be right. We are tough nuts to crack and you yourself keep telling me that God will apply force. Am I being 'hard' on you now ? I don't want to be .... I'm a *****-cat at heart ! :)

I disagree, human opinion does count with God, he is interested in how we think.

He created us to think and have opinions, why would it then not matter to him?

Peace.