• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The sick concept of Eternal hell suffering.

Heneni

Miss Independent
There is no such thing as eternal hell suffering, but I don't expect an Atheist to believe that, because there is a growing number of Atheist that have been influenced by this degrading belief, even Atheist can be narrow in their view.

I find it rather narrow that an Atheist would believe in eternal hell suffering.

Peace.

I find it rather refreshing to know that an atheist believes in hell, since they and the christians are both in it.

Darkwater

Hell is ok when you get used to it,just not the best place to be for greater perspective.There are far nicer places to be.It is a good starting point,however.

Void runs through it,as it does all dimensions past our linear 3 to combine with even greater entire dimensions.Then you get to understand the true meaning of duration & evolution.

AK4

imaginist
The "he created evil so that you will appreciate when it's fixed" argument is ridiculous because I would appreciate more if the world were perfect. God supposedly controls the concept of appreciation, so he could have made me appreciate everything from manure to genocide, but he didn't; instead he created suffering and evil, which I very much DON'T appreciate.

Furthermore, god will not give good to everyone who ever lived, according to the bible. I have already disproved that by my previous bible quotes.

Really!! So you can appreciate sweet without knowing what sour is? you could appreciate pleasure without knowing any pain? You could appreciate sex without every experiencing it? you could appreciate a perfect world without knowing a non perfect world is/was? how can you gain patience without having something to make you patient. How can you appreciate love without never experience the opposite? how do you appreciate peace if you never what was war. How could appreciate life if you never knew death? I could go on forever. Use your brain. :slap:

Your right. according to What you read in a bible translations. The original hebrew and greek do not say everlasting, its aoinan and eonian which means age or ages. Hades, tartarus, and gehenna does not mean hell, Hades equivalent to the hebrew word sheol which means the imperceptible, the unseen.

Your reading translations which are not always going to be accurate. Do the homework and search yourself oh wise atheists

Heneni

Miss Independent
Really!! So you can appreciate sweet without knowing what sour is? you could appreciate pleasure without knowing any pain? You could appreciate sex without every experiencing it? you could appreciate a perfect world without knowing a non perfect world is/was? how can you gain patience without having something to make you patient. How can you appreciate love without never experience the opposite? how do you appreciate peace if you never what was war. How could appreciate life if you never knew death? I could go on forever. Use your brain. :slap:

Sounds like satan's opening speech in the garden. Adam and eve were loosing out on so much stuff, and if they ate the 'apple' they could appreciate stuff more.

They would know what evil was, they would know what impatients was, they would know what war was, they would know what death was....

They'd have a fully rounded, all inclusive human experience.

AK4

Sounds like satan's opening speech in the garden. Adam and eve were loosing out on so much stuff, and if they ate the 'apple' they could appreciate stuff more.

They would know what evil was, they would know what impatients was, they would know what war was, they would know what death was....

Wow :eek: Read Eccl. again, you need to read it again and again. Whats was Eves motivation? to be wise like a God to know good and evil.

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

She didnt even know what evil was, she just wanted to be like a God. She committed sins even before she even ate the fruit. Read it.

Oh the people who believe such nonsense. "God doesnt know what He was doing. He didnt create evil. He didnt create the satan? He didnt put the TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL BEFORE ADAM AND EVE FOR A REASON".

Who placed it there? Who? Satan? It just happen to grow right where Adam and Eve was by coincidence and therefore God had to change His plan because Adam and Eve saw the tree now? Or better yet, God didnt change his mind, HE JUST FAILED AT THE FIRST ATTEMPT IN TRYING TO MAKE MANKIND INTO HIS OWN IMAGE. THEN HE FAILED AGAIN WITH ISREAL. THEN HE'LL FAIL AGAIN WHEN JESUS RETURNS BECAUSE ONLY MAYBE 10% OFF ALL HUMANITY FOLLOWED HIS WAYS BEFORE HIS RETURN.

Ridiculous absolutely ridiculous.

mickiel

Now this I agree with.

Peace

herushura

Now this I agree with.

Peace

Do you have any proof that Satan was in the Garden of Edan, Satan doesn't appear anywhere in the entire book of Genesis.
There isn't one word about Satan.
Adam and Eve encountered a talking serpent which is never identified anywhere in Genesis as Satan.
Provide ANY scripture from the Old Testament which shows Satan disobeying a command from God or evidence for a place called "hell"

AK4

Now this I agree with.

Peace

Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Oh its amazing too, because the devil tricked her by using some truth....your eyes shall be opened and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Did they eyes open? Did they become like their Maker in some way? Oh dont let me answer. Let the Word of God answer

Gen 3:22
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Oh, but im parrotting the devil when even God acknowledges some of what the devil told em

God talking-----Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil
Satan talking----Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Its sad that even satan can acknowledge and see some truth but stupid man cant!

Anyway to parrot two more from the Word...

Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Last edited:

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
mickiel said:
There is no such thing as eternal hell suffering, but I don't expect an Atheist to believe that, because there is a growing number of Atheist that have been influenced by this degrading belief, even Atheist can be narrow in their view.

Imagist said:
Jude 1:7 said:
In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Imagist said:
Luke 16:19-31 said:
22"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell,[a] where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

25"But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.'

Please stop attempting to respond to my posts if you aren't going to read them.

Bouncing Ball said:
Well, I find it strange that atheists can believe in a hell while they don't believe in a God that could have created hell..

I don't believe in the existence of hell, a god, or a unicorn. I am merely showing that Christian beliefs are inconsistent: you cannot both believe in a loving god and believe in the Christian god, because his actions in the bible are clearly anything but loving.

Really!! So you can appreciate sweet without knowing what sour is? you could appreciate pleasure without knowing any pain? You could appreciate sex without every experiencing it? you could appreciate a perfect world without knowing a non perfect world is/was? how can you gain patience without having something to make you patient. How can you appreciate love without never experience the opposite? how do you appreciate peace if you never what was war. How could appreciate life if you never knew death? I could go on forever. Use your brain.

Let's see: yes, I can (and do) appreciate BOTH sweet and sour tastes. I can appreciate pleasure without knowing any pain. I can appreciate sex without... not sex... I can appreciate love (and I honestly have never really hated anyone). If I didn't have anything to make me patient, I wouldn't need to be patient. I appreciate peace and I have never been significantly affected by war. I have never died, and I have a lot of appreciation for life (really, I can't believe you thought that made any sense). Just like all of these things, I would appreciate if the world were perfect, especially since god could make me appreciate it without suffering. Oh, but he didn't do that because he's evil.

Your right. according to What you read in a bible translations. The original hebrew and greek do not say everlasting, its aoinan and eonian which means age or ages. Hades, tartarus, and gehenna does not mean hell, Hades equivalent to the hebrew word sheol which means the imperceptible, the unseen.
Really? Even if you were a scholar in this (which I sincerely doubt) why on earth would I believe your translations which are not always going to be accurate over the large group of scholars that translated the NIV or NRSV? Furthermore, can you explain to me how "lake of fire" was mistranslated? What about "eternal torment"?

Your reading translations which are not always going to be accurate. Do the homework and search yourself oh wise atheists
Unless you know ancient Greek, Hebrew, etc. quite well, you are also reading translations which are not always going to be accurate. We're arguing based on the best information we have, and it's silly for you to claim that you have better information when we have the same information.

Imagist

Worshipper of Athe.
Wow :eek: Read Eccl. again, you need to read it again and again. Whats was Eves motivation? to be wise like a God to know good and evil.

Gen 3:6And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

She didnt even know what evil was, she just wanted to be like a God. She committed sins even before she even ate the fruit. Read it.

Oh the people who believe such nonsense. "God doesnt know what He was doing. He didnt create evil. He didnt create the satan? He didnt put the TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL BEFORE ADAM AND EVE FOR A REASON".

Who placed it there? Who? Satan? It just happen to grow right where Adam and Eve was by coincidence and therefore God had to change His plan because Adam and Eve saw the tree now? Or better yet, God didnt change his mind, HE JUST FAILED AT THE FIRST ATTEMPT IN TRYING TO MAKE MANKIND INTO HIS OWN IMAGE. THEN HE FAILED AGAIN WITH ISREAL. THEN HE'LL FAIL AGAIN WHEN JESUS RETURNS BECAUSE ONLY MAYBE 10% OFF ALL HUMANITY FOLLOWED HIS WAYS BEFORE HIS RETURN.

Ridiculous absolutely ridiculous.

I agree that it's ridiculous to think that any of that is true. And yet, all of what you just said is firmly based in the bible, which is the foundation of Christian belief.

herushura

Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Oh its amazing too, because the devil tricked her by using some truth....your eyes shall be opened and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Did they eyes open? Did they become like their Maker in some way? Oh dont let me answer. Let the Word of God answer

Gen 3:22
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Oh, but im parrotting the devil when even God acknowledges some of what the devil told em

God talking-----Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil
Satan talking----Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Its sad that even satan can acknowledge and see some truth but stupid man cant!

Anyway to parrot two more from the Word...

Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

Do you have any evidence that SATAN was litterly talking in Genesis

herushura

The Hebrew word for Satan is "Sayan" and the Hebrew word for the Serpant in Hebrew is "NHSH"

"The biblical term for 'serpent' is nahash, which does not mean 'snake.' But the word comes from the root NHSH, which means 'to decipher, to find out'; so that nahash could also mean 'he who can decipher, he who finds things out,

In other words WISDOM. So Eve was not talking to a Snake or a serpant, Eve was talking to "HERSELF or her concious", Working it out "Should i eat or not to eat".

Last edited:

herushura

In other words, Eve already know the Diffrence Between Good and Evil, before eating the apple, The Apple was just an Apple its contains no knowledge, The Knowledge was in EVEs concious, because without the knowlege between Good and Evil you cant make choices thus Eve did Choose to eat the Apple, thus she already had the knownledge already. God was just testing Eve's Knowledge, The Tree was in Edan and the Knowledge was in Eve's Head. Her Knowledgment about eating the Apple as wrong, and when she knew she did something wrong and she gain knowledge to define good and evil

Last edited:

AK4

The Hebrew word for Satan is "Sayan" and the Hebrew word for the Serpant in Hebrew is "NHSH"

"The biblical term for 'serpent' is nahash, which does not mean 'snake.' But the word comes from the root NHSH, which means 'to decipher, to find out'; so that nahash could also mean 'he who can decipher, he who finds things out,

In other words WISDOM. So Eve was not talking to a Snake or a serpant, Eve was talking to "HERSELF or her concious", Working it out "Should i eat or not to eat".

You may be right on the serpent satan thing in the OT, but he/it is given a proper name in the NT. "Get the behind me Satan" and also from Revelations "that old serpent, who is called the devil and satan"

As of right now i cant think of a scripture in the OT that calls ....

Hold up apparently you forgot about the book of Job

Job 1:9 Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

Also in this book it mentions leviathan which is another way of describing satan/serpent/devil. Also mentioned in psalms and Isaiah....

Job 41:1 Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?

Psa 74:14 Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness. --- Doesnt this sound like the prophesy in...
Gen 3:15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Psa 104:26 There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein.--Ships on a what--a sea-- what does sea mean--humanity--do the homework

Isa 27:1 In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.---well we have a reference to both the serpent and leviathan well what do we have here

Come on now... I admit you almost had me for a sec....But thanks to the Father of our Lord Jesus, He didnt let me fail.

AK4

In other words, Eve already know the Diffrence Between Good and Evil, before eating the apple, The Apple was just an Apple its contains no knowledge, The Knowledge was in EVEs concious, because without the knowlege between Good and Evil you cant make choices thus Eve did Choose to eat the Apple, thus she already had the knownledge already. God was just testing Eve's Knowledge, The Tree was in Edan and the Knowledge was in Eve's Head. Her Knowledgment about eating the Apple as wrong, and when she knew she did something wrong and she gain knowledge to define good and evil

There are no scriptures to back up what you just put here. NONE

Heneni

Miss Independent
In other words, Eve already know the Diffrence Between Good and Evil, before eating the apple, The Apple was just an Apple its contains no knowledge, The Knowledge was in EVEs conscious, because without the knowlege between Good and Evil you cant make choices thus Eve did Choose to eat the Apple, thus she already had the knownledge already. God was just testing Eve's Knowledge, The Tree was in Edan and the Knowledge was in Eve's Head. Her Knowledgment about eating the Apple as wrong, and when she knew she did something wrong and she gain knowledge to define good and evil

You make an interesting point...would explain why Eve didnt think it odd that a being in snakeskin trousers would come and talk to her. I know that you dont believe in the NT, but based on the NT, Jesus was then tempted by his conscience...hmmm...that could even make sense...but then satan entered Judas....did Judas not have a conscience before? Or did he loose it when satan entered him....and afterwards when he had done what he did...satan left him, his conscience returned and he killed himself.

Food for thought though...

Last edited:

Heneni

Miss Independent

Hi there...could you expand a little. (ps: it wasnt an apple, but ok...)

I'm trying to follow, but its a bit fuzzy.

Are we tempted by our consience or does our conscience actually help us to do the right thing, and makes us feel guilty when we dont. Our conscience cant be tempting us, and at the same time stop us from doing the wrong thing or feeling guilty when we did to the wrong thing.

Last edited: